Samesun Hollywood Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Amazing location. It's situated directly on the Hollywood blvd. it's easy to reach the most important places with public transportation. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was amazing because of a busy lounge. Had a great time.

Samesun is the best location for you if you're looking for a place in Hollywood. It's close to the Metro station and the famous Walk of Fame is just on your doorstep, so all major Hollywood attractions are within walking distance. I was staying in a spacious 6 bed dorm and there wasn't one single time I was queuing neither for a bathroom nor a shower. The staff at reception is helpful, you've got a basic breakfast and it's a good place to meet people - what else do you need?

• 16th May 2015
  • Switzerland

I think breakfast should be better, it would be nice to have more of a selection. Not just bread and butter! There's a lot of people staying there who are hungry and at most time in a budget. The portions provided to residents isn't sufficient.

• 16th May 2015

Overall negative experience. The hostel wasn't clean at all, the rooms were incredibly hot and the beds were falling apart. There is a club nearby so if you can fall asleep with music shaking the floors, you'll be fine. On top of that, there were wet boxers in my bed, so I can imagine the bed wasn't changed. Don't stay here!

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding our hostel. Cleaners are on staff from 7am-9pm cleaning hallways, bathrooms, as well as every room in the hostel. During this time guests are checking in and out of rooms. Not all travelers are as clean as we would hope unfortunately. As far as noise, Hollywood Blvd. is full of life during the weekend, which may cause for a little extra activity throughout the night. Hopefully you return to the hostel in future months. Tahj General Manager

The hostel personally to me was great, amazing location right in the middle of Hollywood, I could see the Hollywood stars from my room. Also it had a real hostel vibe to it, but my friends would've preferred it a tad more modern but I liked it. It's kinda of a younger crowd hostel

Has potential to be a great hostel soon, give it a month whilst they transition ownership, complete renovation/decoration and embed a activity program...sure it will be no. 1 in LA. Amazing location right opposite Chinese cinema/walk of fame/Hollywood blvd/ hollywood&highland metro stop

Great location Fairly clean common areas, very clean bathrooms Some staff were friendly although most were in their 'click' No actives No vibe

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. As of right now, an Activities program has been installed into the hostel with group events ranging from Runyon Canyon Hikes to Club Crawls. This should help encourage guest to come together for an entertaining night in Hollywood. Hopefully you return and take advantage of the hostel activities offered. Cheers, Tahj General Manager

The hostel is located in the centre of the Hollywood right across the metro station, the door to the hostel is very small therefore look carefully. The staff was okay, they know their job. I never get an opportunity to eat their breakfast, heard there were a lot of dramas about pancake that day. There are a lot of room in this hostel so probably get a room for your self in a 6 bed room. I will go back there again.

This is in the hollywood! I think this hostel need activity Kind staff, however, no parking lots

There is lot parking behind the hostel where guest can park overnight for a small fee. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. An activities program is being installed into the hostel at the moment. Hope to see you return to Samesun Hollywood, and join the other guest on one of our hostel activities. Sincerely, Tahj General Manager

Had an amazing time at Samesun Hostel Hollywood blvd. The Staff is very nice, Met a lot of backpackers And the Rooms are clean. I'd stay there every time Again!

• 19th Mar 2015

Amazing location with awesome staff! Everyone was super friendly, met some really cool people there! I wish my stay would've been longer than just one night! I can 100% recommend the Samesun Hollywood!

• 19th Mar 2015

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you had a great time here at Samesun Hollywood, and hope to see you in the near future. Sincerely, Tahj General Manager

Great location. Like the classic Hollywood-themed murals.

• 16th Mar 2015

Amazing location right on Hollywood Blvd combined with big, clean rooms and bathrooms makes this place a great hostel. Staff were always super helpful and nice. Loved the free pool and the vibe of the common room. Defs will be back.

Cool hostel in a great location in the center of Hollywood right opposite the Metro station. We loved our stay at Samesun Venice

• 15th Mar 2015