Samesun Hollywood Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Great location, comfortable enough. There is no A/C however, which would be a great addition since its in the heart of the city. Staff has always been helpful, while remaining distant sometimes. Lots of people come and go. I would comeback for a 2 night stay to visit Hollywood.

• 29th Aug 2015

Stayed here for 3 nights in August. Pretty decent value for money, most staff were very friendly and helpful. No AC in my 4 person dorm so we ended up sleeping with the door wide open for cross flow of air (still quite hot), but despite being on a fairly dodgy area (Hollywood boulevarde) we felt safe to do so as the security is decent. Quite a lot of street noise from our window but that is to be expected in the location. Communal male bathroom was big, a little messy but staff often cleaning.

• 28th Aug 2015

Excellent location but the place is way too hot and humid.

Very good location, can see the Hollywood Ave right through the window. the and bus stop very close, and Metro station is right across the street. Staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean. Free breakfast is very good. But no elevator, have to carry my suitcase all the way up.

This was a nice place to stay for a few nights. Lovely helpful and friendly people. Can get a bit noisy as it is on such a busy street but really an amazing location. Bring your own lock for using the lockers (if needed). Helpful staff.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Well done, well run! International travel, and felt very at home.

• 20th Aug 2015

The location is amazing. Bathrooms are clean inbetween the day but not when everyone gets ready in the evening. Bathrooms are really nice though. Would definitely come back.

Great hostel but no air conditioning! Rooms too warm.

that was the best hostel i stayed in on my US trip! they should just put some rules for cleanliness and they would be awesome!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in the coolest and most friendly staff, amazing location, could not have asked for anything better!

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel is ok for one or two nights, I wouldn't recommend staying longer. There are lockers in the rooms, however there is minimal security. One staff member who runs the trip seems to leer over the drunk girls and offers them rides with his"cousin". He also has a fake British accent, which as a British person is very entertaining. Really good location and the girls bathrooms are clean (shower pressure is great).

Hi, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will contact you directly regarding your interactions with the staff to better address the situation, as positive customer service is very important to us and making sure we provide a pleasant stay to all our guests. Glad that you enjoyed the facilities the hostel has to offer, along with Hollywood. Please look out for our email shortly. Cheers and safe travels, Tahj General Manager

Disgusted with the fact a couple who can easily share a bed are made purchase two bed without ever and intension to sleep separately! Breakfast, although free, was a embarrassing

• 12th Aug 2015

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. Dorm bed prices are always per person at hostels as stated when you book though Hostelworld as well. We do offer private rooms, which allows a maximum of 2 people per night. Currently our breakfast serves bread, muffins, bagels, orange juice, milk, coffee and tea. I hope to see you return to Samesun Hollywood in the future. Sincerely, Tahj General Manager

Good. Friendly staff, free wifi connection, and location is really convenient!

La ubicación es excelente, las chicas que hablan español super amables y colaboradoras. Lo recomiendo para un par de días, si necesitas mas tiempo creo que es preferible un sitio con más privacidad. Les recomendaria invertir un poco en el espacio, se nota desgastado, como viejo. Gracias

I stayed at Samesun hostel last week and i think it was my best stop through out all my vacation it was a great hostel , great location and especially very lovely and helpful staff , big thanks for ibrahim for making things a lot easier and simpler for everyone .

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

The hostel is good, but it could a more clean, the bahthroom was always dirty and wet. I noticed that the guests in this place have no sense of community. People never cleaned their own mess.

I had an amazing stay. The hostel was my refuge from the craziness of the streets outside and served as a much loved hub for my stay in LA. Thanks to all the team for the great breakfasts and always being ready to offer advice, which went above and beyond what is expected.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

To put it simple DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Rooms are messy and smelly. Staff are useless is of the absolute minimum. Items got stolen. After around the USA for three this is by far the worst hostel iv stayed in.

• 8th Aug 2015

Hi, Your feedback is very important to us here at Samesun. Housekeeping cleans all rooms on a daily basis, and we ask that if a particular guests has made a mess, to please contact the front desk. We currently have a lost and found storage to hold an items left in rooms after guests have checked out. Feel free to contact us here at the hostel to see if we can retrieve your item. I do hope to see you return to Samesun Hollywood in the future. Sincerely, Tahj General Manager

Most awful experience in a hostel in the US. Staff: unfriendly and useless, didn't even get shown around they just sat behind the desk and gave us incorrect bus info. Rooms: no aircon, stuffy, very very smelly and dirty, thin windows make them very noisey due to location. Breakfast: about 10 plates for the whole hostel and big queues. Toilets: very dirty and disgusting. Common room: small for the amount of people staying. Can't stress enough not to stay here. I cancelled my 3rd night DO NOT STAY

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. Here at Samesun we pride ourselves on customer service and I will be following up with my staff regarding this issue. To avoid the heat, ceiling fans are installed in all dorm rooms in the hostel. Since your stay we have added extra equipment to ensure all enjoy breakfast. I do hope to see you return to Samesun Hollywood in the future. Sincerely, Tahj General Manager

Location is wonderful. Enjoy yourself at Hollywood!

• 7th Aug 2015