Superb 3,368 Total Reviews
Superb 3,368 Total Reviews
Samesun Montreal Central Located at 1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal.
Canada
Montreal Quebec H2L 3Z3 1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec
91% 3368
45.5163012 -73.5614490
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016
5.7

Had a problem in a dorm where a guy and/or his unregistered guest who were snoring VERY loud, the weekend of 9/23-25. I have been hosteling for 10+ years and this is the first time Ive truly been bothered by someones snoring. My complaint with the hostel is not the snoring, I get we can't help it. I told the front desk employee who came in the room and made little attempt to wake him up, and did nothing about him or the guest, saying he would tell day staff in the morning. I departed at 5am.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

Samesun was an excellent clean hostel. I felt safe and the location was close to a metro and bus station so getting around the city was easy. Breakfast is always a plus and the beds were comfy! The staff was great and gave good advice as to where to eat and what was going on for city events. The only thing I would recommend is to have events in the hostel itself, like drinking games or game nights.

Hi Brittanie: thanks for your review. We've had a great Summer here at Samesun Montreal, and your review pretty much confirms everything we've been trying to achieve. Thanks also for your comments regarding hostel events. As Winter rolls around we're going to be changing our event schedule to fit with the season better. To that end, we'll try to get more hostel-based events into our event calendar. We hope to see you again soon!

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
12th Sep 2016

I had a very pleasant experience, everything went smoothly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to anyone going to visit Montreal. Thank you to all the staff . Orla

Hi Orla: Thanks for your great review. We hope to see you again sometime in the future.

• USA, Male, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

The staff at Samesun Montreal is AMAZING. They went out of their way to assist us, made us feel comfortable, and made our stay absolutely enjoyable. Just great and fun people all around - I would recommend staying here just for that reason alone. For a first timer in Montreal, the location is perfect. It is just a few short blocks from berri uqam station, basically the hub to access the rest of Montreal. If staff, atmosphere, and location are your priorities, you can't go wrong here!

Hi David, thanks for your review. I'm glad you appreciated our staff - we pride ourselves on our customer service and so this is really great for us to hear. Thanks also for giving the city of Montreal a great review - we love this city!

• Lithuania, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016

Great place to stay. Also good location, very friendly staff and extremely clean facilities

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thank you for leaving this great comment! These little moments of sunshine are what make us really proud of our work and we are glad to learn that we exceeded your expectations.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

Lovely hostel! Great free breakfast and really good location. Staff are super friendly and there are always fun events on

Hi Jennifer: Thanks for your review and for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
4th Sep 2016

I love this hostel! The staff were super friendly from check in to check out. Everything of interest is walking distance from the hostel and there are planned events and plenty of information including maps and highlighted points of interest for guests. The downstairs bar is great and allows people to socialize. I went during a quiet period but I was still able to talk with the bar staff who were great! The rooms are nice, comfortable beds with your own charge point and reading light.

• Canada, Female, 41+
3rd Sep 2016

In the private room were we stayed the bed kept in slidind away from the wall which made it very uncomfortable to sit and relax to talk or watch the news. I would suggest bolting the bed rails to the wall as we could never quite sit and rest after long walks. Also we only had the two pillows from the bed top without proper clean pillow cases. Other then that everything was fine.

Thank for you taking the time to leave a review! We are always keen to learn how we can improve. We will definitely take a look at the room and find a solution to the bed. Safe travels and we hope to host you another time!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016

It was updated and clean and the atmosphere was very chill but fun. The staff was really helpful-they referred me to a great restaurant a few blocks away and gave me advice regarding transportation. You had to walk quite a ways or take the metro to anywhere you would want to go or eat. I would definitely reccomend!

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're glad you had a great stay, and we're especially glad you liked our recommendations - we pride ourselves on those! We're less than 2 minutes' walk from the nearest Metro station, and we're two blocks from one of the busiest (and best) streets for restaurants in town. I hope that if you stay with us again, we'll be able to direct you to these better.

• justinecain7139
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
1st Sep 2016

Great hostel - friendly and helpful reception staff. Breakfast was excellent. Location was walking distance to main attractions, close to the airport 747 bus drop off and a metro station. Clean and comfortable. Aircon was nice too! Thanks.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Safe travels!