9.3
Superb 3,313 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 3,313 Total Reviews
Samesun Montreal Central Located at 1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal.
Canada
Montreal Quebec H2L 3Z3 1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec
93% 3313
45.5163012 -73.5614490
    Rooms available

16th Aug 2016

Staff was friendly and helpful. Hostel was in walking distance of many attractions. Metra is behind the Hostel. Bar was great and a nice place to meet everyone in the Hostel. Would definitely stay again.

12th Aug 2016
8.0

My two biggest takeaways: -Breakfast buffet is excellent! Much better than what you would get in most hostels. Those were some grade-A croissants, imo. -Wifi was great in both the common areas and the dorms, which is pretty rare for hostels.

12th Aug 2016

I started staying at this hostel when it was under previous management (Montréal Central Hostel). It is still a great place to stay under new management. I like the fact that an extra kitchen has been added. The hotel is conveniently located up the street from the gay village, so it is an easy walk to the nightlife. I will certainly keep returning to this place.

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2016
6.3

I love hostels where the staff are friendly and they encourage and facilitate activities and meeting other travelers, but this is more a budget hotel which is clean and well located but has no hostel fun or atmosphere. Not good for solo travellers. Not sure how it is one of the top rated hostels on hostelworld. Review coming from someone who has stayed in many hostels and has seen how good, bad and average they can be. I still really enjoyed Montreal but wish I had stayed in a better hostel

We are sorry to learn that you found your experience here at Samesun lacking. We encourage our guests to interact with each other through the numerous activities that we provide such as our beer tour, old port tour, city walk or during our night events such as Guilty Pleasure, Happy Hour and others. We are happy to know that you enjoyed Montreal and we hope you return to fully see what Samesun is about.

• USA, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

I stayed here as a solo traveller one night before heading to Quebec City. For me, it was exactly what I needed: walking distance to the old town, good rooms, cheap, and the staff were funny and nice. My favorite part though was definitely the atmosphere - the size of the hostel is perfect, not too big or small, and the bar made it super easy to meet people to go get poutine with. Great experience, would definitely recommend.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

Epic - amazing atmosphere and one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

It was a pleasure having you stay Ray! Safe travels and come back again!!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Great stay. Ideal location for oshega and reasonably priced for the weekend too

It was a pleasure having you girls for Osheaga! There are great events happening in Montreal all year round! Hope to host you again!

27th Jul 2016

Wow this is the big one. Call Grandma! Say goodbye to the old hostel you knew and loved this hostel, it was perfect! Arigoto Samesun! Namaste

Thank you Joseph! Tell all the Grammas! We are happy to provide you with a fun and memorable experience! Come back again soon!

21st Jul 2016

Decent hostel. Good location. Most staff members were friendly, some had maybe a little too much amongst themselves. Breakfast included eggs, was decent. The Sunday BBQ for $10 included salad and tiny hot dogs (I passed but thought it was very embarrasing for the hostel). Overall was good and may recommend to others looking for a basic place to crash for a few days.

Thank you for your review! We work hard to improve wherever we can. Your comments are appreciated and we hope you visit again to see our changes.

• USA, Female, 31-40
21st Jul 2016

This hostel is great, located a block from the bus station where I arrived into town. It's a block from the Metro and close to all fun downtown events and pubs. The place was clean with friendly staff, a mini fridge in the room is a plus too. Did I mention a reading light, yeah, that's cool.

Thanks Maya! We take pride in those reading lights! Glad you had a great stay! Enjoy your summer and come back again soon!