Samesun Vancouver

8.7
Fabulous 3750 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 31-40
13th Apr 2017

Bathrooms were under construction so it was extremely inconvenient for the entire hostel to share 6 stalls. But everything else was just beyond my expectations.

12th Apr 2017

Great location for a stay. Had my room upgraded and facilities were very good. Note new bathrooms being put in but didn't seem to cause any problems. Breakfast was nice too.

7.7

Yes, a good social atmosphere. While the hostel "seemed" dirty because of the renovation, the bathrooms and toilets/showers/rooms all seemed fine. I was very pleased with the housekeeping staff. Hostel desk staff was fine/average.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

Best hostel I've stayed at. Highly recommend the Samesun Vancouver.

11th Apr 2017

The daily hostel activities were some of the main Seattle attractions and a great way to meet fellow travelers. The Beaver is very convenient, but some of the nights get a little crowded so if you intend to go with a group, I would make a reservation. Free breakfast was a huge plus, they provide a lot of food even though it is the same everyday. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good kitchen and common space for cooking, eating, relaxing. Rooms and bathrooms could have been a little cleaner.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

Such a fun place to stay! LOVED the bar!!

7th Apr 2017
4.0

This hostel is disgusting. From the moment you walk in the door the air smells like urine. This smell gets worse in the dorm rooms. There were no bathrooms on our floor that had probably a dozen rooms. There was no place for me to even fill up my water bottle at night. I had to get into an argument with one of the staff for them to go to the kitchen sink and fill it up for me. They also charged my credit card for an extra night without my consent. Steer clear of this place.

Hello. You were charged for your second night because you booked the night and then didn't show up. As per our cancellation policy you do get charged for your first night as a no show. We do have bathrooms on all floors, including during our renovations. We are following up internally with your other complaints. Hope you enjoyed Vancouver. Cheers,

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2017

Everything here was great! Clean rooms and bathrooms. Felt very secure. Lockers in the room were really big. I had to wear earplugs because of the outside noise, but the hostel itself was pretty quiet.

• kevinnorwood154468
  • England, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
1st Apr 2017

Everything you need for a really good hostel. Location is brilliant for all you require in the Downtown area (this is the only area to be in really). Staff were really helpful and breakfast comprehensive. Great place.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
7.7

This was a great social hostel, great cheap bar and good common areas. However, the dorms were really small - I struggled to fit my luggage in and ended up storing it most of the time. Also whilst I was there they were refurbishing the bathrooms, meaning there was always a queue for the remaining ones.