Samesun Vancouver

Fabulous 3983 Total Reviews

• Chile, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2017
8.0

Very nice experience! Good breakfast, nuy rooms sooooo hot, no conditionair, sometimes washrooms not so clean. Good free tours and perfect staff. Great location but a little expensive for just a shared room

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
5.1

my room was facing the main street and was on the third floor in front of a very loud outside machine. It was very very very frustrating going up and down the stairs everytime I wanted to go out or get a fresh towel. There is no elevator. The room is extremely small and the smell is just horrible. The ground made a cracking sound every time we walked on it.The drinks at the bar are watered down and expensive . They were doing construction when I stayed here. Did not get any sleep because my bed

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Samesun, the staff were very friendly and we had a great time on the daily hostel activity. The bathrooms were very clean and the rooms had good amenties (i.e. Lamp and outlets for each bed). Good location, within walking distance of most of the sights.

15th Jul 2017

The most comfortable bed and pillow I have come across in 10 months of backpacking. This is a great location and it includes free breakfast. I find smaller hostels better because it is easier for me to get to know other guests, but the facilities at this place were top notch.

14th Jul 2017

My experience at SameSun was great! Staff was friendly and helpful. Amenities were exactly what a traveler needs and it was clean. What more can a backpacker ask for?

• JamesDickson
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2017

The Staff and activities make this hostel! Although it was expensive and only got more so, the hikes and daily walks coupled with the nightly bar activities make it worth while. This hostel is set up so it is easy to meet people, I can't recommend it highly enough to solo travellers. The staff often go above and beyond. Sam who took the Quarry Rock hike on Monday the 17th was not only knowledgable and friendly but he also cleaned the trail as he went, truely a great image for hostel

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2017

This was an awesome hostel! The staff was very friendly and super helpful with any questions I had. The bar "The Beaver" was great too. I loved the nightly specials at truly "backpacker prices". The included breakfast was better than I expected - hot, fresh bagels and muffins and fruit with juice and coffee. My only complaint is minor, and not really changeable. My dorm faced Granville and since we needed window open for temp, it was so loud even til 2am with earplugs. Still had a great stay!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Samesun in Vancouver! It was also no problem to extend my stay. Staff very friendly! Location couldn't be better. There's a public room, which makes it easy to meet new people from all over the world. If you want, you can join everyday activities with other guests from the hostel. It was fun! Only the kitchen equipment could be improved :-) On my next trip to Vancouver, I will definitely stay here again!

10th Jul 2017

This hostel is a little pricey than some of the other's in Vancouver, but you get a great facility to meet other traveler's. I like the fact they host events, hiking to Grouse Mountain, help with tours, and have a bar downstairs. There is also a IGA Market two blocks away to buy food or restaurants all along Granville Street.

• ahendra90
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
8th Jul 2017

Hands-down one of the best hostels I've stayed it. The bathrooms have recently been renovated and are an absolute dream. Some rooms are a bit cramped but the beds are clean, comfortable and deceptively roomy. The daily organised activities are great if you're lost for ideas and also were a great way to meet people. Location couldn't be better if you're there to party. I personally didn't have any issues with noise. Lastly all my experiences with the staff were positive - love your work guys!