Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The hostel was awesome! The location made it even better. We were able to check in early and Courtney was able to give us a upgrade on our room. The staff there are awesome and really helpful. The next time I go to Los Angeles I will deffiently be staying there again!

Ideal location, just by the beach and easy access to food, drinks + public transportation. Rooms are nice and quiet. Beds are comfortable. Many fans in the room but still way too hot! 2 bathrooms on each floor, which is actually enough. Never had to queue up. However, probably missing some hooks or something to hang clothes/towels while in the shower. Breakfast is very basic: pancakes, toast and some fruit. Common area is a great place to meet people! Overall good experience, would return !

• 7th Oct 2015

Hi there! My stay in this hostel was really good! I like stuff there & atmosphere.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Russia

Great location except there are a lot of homeless people living around the hostel but is expected in LA. The wifi didn't work the whole time I was staying here which was a huge problem - we wanted to order an uber and no wifi in surrounding area. Finally had to beg the guy at the desk to use his uber app as we were late for a concert. It's the 21st century - you NEED to have working wifi, especially for foreign travellers. Also no air conditioning - stuffy room. Good atmosphere though

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately the night you were staying with us our wifi router broke - something out of the ordinary. It took us a while to assess the situation but once the issue was determined, we fixed it. Wifi was back up and running by the next morning. I do apologize that it was out during the night you were with us. Cheers and safe travels, Sara General Manager

Great hostel in a amazing location! WiFi was down for a while during my stay but was resolved. Staff were great!

Air conditioning in the rooms instead of fans and on sight laundry although the cleaners on main did an amazing job.

• 5th Oct 2015

Dom is a very fun, energetic guy. We enjoyed when he ran social events. Never had a dull moment when he was around. The wifi was very unreliable during our stay. All other facilities were clean and working. Staff were great.

• 5th Oct 2015

Stayed for 3 nights. Location is absolutely perfect, pretty much on Venice Beach and 2 minutes from muscle beach. Great area with beaches, surfing and bars nearby. Free street parking a few blocks away and a decent breakfast free every morning. Kitchen gets cramped but decent facilities. Decent sized rooms but no AC so had to keep the windows open (and Venice Beach is still vibrant at night). Overall clean hostel and chilled atmosphere.

I had such a great experience here. The staff was very welcoming, and friendly. They were also very professional. and the atmosphere was awesome.

Worst hostel in the US so far. read the reviews earlier and didnt expect it to be that bad. it was smokin hot in the rooms and the van didnt change that. too many people for such a small room. the bathrooms were really dirty and the idea of showing you key to a camera to get in is just bad. the staff wasnt friendly at all. I dont expect too much since ive been travelling for years now but this hostel was worst than all the other

Customer service is very important to us and we like to pride ourselves on friendly and approachable staff. I will contact you directly for further follow up. As for the heat, you are right- the extended summer temperatures are high. We are hopefully going to be able to get AC soon. Sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations - I guess it wasn't a right fit. Best of luck in your travels. Cheers, Sara GM

Staff was inconsistent in their words and actions. You ask one person they say one thing and in 5 minutes you ask another person at the desk and they tell you different thing. No bike storage is a minus. Also the building gets very hot during the day, I personally couldn't sleep at night.

Very clean and tidy hostel. Staff were very friendly and happy to answer all my questions. Nightly activities were a great way to meet people - was nice that a staff member came around to the rooms to see if you wanted to join. Great location down by the beach. Very good!

Absolutely killer, best location, friendly staff, great breaky, super clean. Highly recommend

• 29th Sep 2015

Best location in Venice Beach! The staff are great and always willing to help. Clean. Close to everything you need.

• 29th Sep 2015

Staff and location were both great. I can't fault the place. The best bars and shops are off to the left down the board walk passed the new beach.

Sophie at the desk was top notch service!!! But could have done with AC in the warmer rooms!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent location, just steps away from the beach. The hostel and staff are good, the beds are ok. They serve pancakes, toast, fruit and cereal as breakfast which I tought was really good. The only downside of the place must be the heat inside the rooms. I had the luck of staying at a room with a window to the beach so it wasnt very hot and I slept ok, but in summer it must be unbearable. If you want to stay as close to the beach as possible its a great option!

My partner and I stayed here for a week. Really loved the location of the hostel. The front desk staff were really friendly and the daily activities are great. Loved the pancake brekkie!!

• 24th Sep 2015

It was great to stay there. Close to the beach and Dominic the entertainment guy always has something in his mind to gather everybody

Very hot!