Sampa Hostel Reviews

Rua Girassol, 519, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The breakfast is really good for a hostel, the room and bathrooms very clean and everything really well organized.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

We were warmly recieved by the staff at this hostel and they were very helpful with local info on bars, restaurants amd generally getting to know the city. Location is good. We felt that the kitchen and bathrooms could have been maintained a little better but everything was usable. Good space.for washing amd drying.clothes. :)

I loved stayed at Sampa Hostel. The staff and place is great, very clean and with a very nice structure to attend the backpackers. It's located in one of the best and safe neighbors of Sao Paulo, Vila Madalena. Staff is very helpful giving suggestions about what to do and were to go. When I come back to SP definitely I'll go to Sampa Hostel again.

Staff went out of their way to help

• 5th Jun 2013

I only stayed one night but found the hostel clean and safe, the staff were very helpful and is very close to a really cool graffito lane.

Wonderful staff - Deborah and Fernando do a great job ,clean rooms, comfortable beds, lockers in the rooms, delicious breakfast, close to a supermarket, ATM and a bunch of bars and restaurants, but a bit far from the metro station. (15-20 min walk).

Good value for money, Clean, quiet hostel, with good self serve breakfast!! A slight bit hot in the rooms

not good for public transport, shopping centre or post office. though many good restaurants and bars are around here.

We are located 07 blocks from the metro Station Vila Madalena, that can take you to the main places in the city in a very safe way; One street up from the hostel you can take a bus straight to downtown and to the main shopping malls of the City; And it is possible to walk to the nearest post office, 10 minutes walk. 3 Blocks from the hostel has a high street called Cardeal Arco Verde there are buses to almost everywhere in the city. You should had informed you better with our reception about transportation to the places you where intended to go

The hostel is well located, it's near the subway station and it's very salfe to walk around. The place is nice and very clean, the breakfast has fresh brazilian fruits. I had a lot of fun when I was there. There was a Halloween party at the hostel with a lot of people and I made few friends from all around the world! Thank you guys!!! You ROCK!!!

Location is prime in Vila Madalena - right next to a ton of restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. Hostel staff is incredibly friendly (Giancarlo) and helped us plan a bunch of day trips as well as a day trip out to Rio. Rooms are as expected for a hostel, bathrooms are a bit sparse and could be a little cleaner. Since I was there during the winter, the hostel itself wasn't too lively, but there is TONS to do right outside the front gate towards the right.

Dear, thanks for the comment, we are very happy we had helped you with your travel plans! About the cleaning action has been taken to improve it. Sincerely! The Management

Needs to be cleaned more thoroughly in the bathrooms. Staff needs to educate themselves a bit more about local happenings, transportation, etc.

We apologize if the service wasn't as good as you expected. Today we have more than one employee for cleaning and take better care of failures in this area. Regarding to the staff, I believe it was a misunderstanding, everyone knows the city well and especially the region of Vila Madalena, and it is available at the reception a city guide in English and Portuguese developed and updated by the hostel. We hope to have the opportunity to receive you again and to show our services efficiently. Sincerely, The Management.

look no further

was pretty quiet when I was there, the staff were awesome

Breakfast is great, the cake is delicious! Vila Madalena is safe and full of bars to check. Ó do borogodó and Pau Brasil has the best live Samba music around the area. Staff is really helpful with maps, information and directions.

The (HI) Sampa Hostel was the best experience 4 me in Brazil. It's closer to subway. There are several bars and restaurants around. The staff was amazing, specially Deborah and Gonçalo. Quite clean, safe and the daily tips from the front desk are very good...

• 28th Feb 2011
  • Portugal

That's the second time that I went there and I could see the improvements with the rooms and patio. The staff is really helpful and I made a lot of friends again and we had a lot of fun at Vila Madalena neighborhood.

great location, really really helpful staff but not a huge amount of atmosphere or communal activities. Definitely a good place to stay in Sao Paulo though.

Hostel is in a perfect location, safe and secure. Nearby is the subway and you are only ten minutes or so from a subway ride to the city. Staff were very friendly, rooms were good, the only problem I found was that most people had been there for some time so would sit and watch dvds on their laptop and not socialise?? Luckily I met two British girls and there are plenty of bars, restuarants nearby to keep yourself entertained.

The location of the hostel is in the middle of Sao Paulos party area. The staff is always willingly to give an advice, where you can find attractions of SP during night and day. They arranged a book with suggestions where to go, which is really nice and better than every travelguide about SP, which I have read so far.

well located to go to bars and restaurants, safe area, very clean. Average breakfast. Met really nice people there, made good friends and went out with then. Ó DO BORGODO is the BEST!

« first « Prev 1 2 3