Sampa Hostel Reviews

Rua Girassol, 519, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Nice hostel, good location. Staff very friendly and helpful. One bathroom can become under demand but if you time it well should be ok. Hot shower. Good wifi. Breakfast ok. Rooms a little crowded but beds comfortable.

Hello Fiona, thanks for writing about us. We are glad that you liked the hostel, about the dorms we have dorms for less people like 4 or 2, or maybe choose one that has a bathrrom inside so it can be easier to use it and don´t need to wait on line... Hope to see you again! Best regards!

Location isn't the best! Hostel doesn't really have any nice communal area

Hello Chris, actually Vila Madalena is considered one of the best neighborhoods in town, maybe you didin´t have the chance to walk around to see the bars, the clubs, art galleries, grafitts, coffe shops and all the options in walking distance from the hostel. About our area, we have a area with music, television, hammocks, board games, exchange books, solarium and a really nice garden. I´m sorry that you didn´t have fun, hope that you come back and have another great experience! Best regards.

Staff were exceptional and went over and above to assist us to book busses, taxis and change reservations. Bad weather definitely affected our stay but location and facilities are good.

Hello Meg, sad that the weather was not good, hope to see you again in a sunny day! Best regards, Sampa Hostel

The breakfast is really good for a hostel, the room and bathrooms very clean and everything really well organized.

Hello Meri, thanks for your words, we are really happy that you had a good time here. Hope to see you again, best regards, Sampa Hostel

We were warmly recieved by the staff at this hostel and they were very helpful with local info on bars, restaurants amd generally getting to know the city. Location is good. We felt that the kitchen and bathrooms could have been maintained a little better but everything was usable. Good space.for washing amd drying.clothes. :)

I loved stayed at Sampa Hostel. The staff and place is great, very clean and with a very nice structure to attend the backpackers. It's located in one of the best and safe neighbors of Sao Paulo, Vila Madalena. Staff is very helpful giving suggestions about what to do and were to go. When I come back to SP definitely I'll go to Sampa Hostel again.

Staff went out of their way to help

• 5th Jun 2013

I only stayed one night but found the hostel clean and safe, the staff were very helpful and is very close to a really cool graffito lane.

Wonderful staff - Deborah and Fernando do a great job ,clean rooms, comfortable beds, lockers in the rooms, delicious breakfast, close to a supermarket, ATM and a bunch of bars and restaurants, but a bit far from the metro station. (15-20 min walk).

Good value for money, Clean, quiet hostel, with good self serve breakfast!! A slight bit hot in the rooms

not good for public transport, shopping centre or post office. though many good restaurants and bars are around here.

We are located 07 blocks from the metro Station Vila Madalena, that can take you to the main places in the city in a very safe way; One street up from the hostel you can take a bus straight to downtown and to the main shopping malls of the City; And it is possible to walk to the nearest post office, 10 minutes walk. 3 Blocks from the hostel has a high street called Cardeal Arco Verde there are buses to almost everywhere in the city. You should had informed you better with our reception about transportation to the places you where intended to go

The hostel is well located, it's near the subway station and it's very salfe to walk around. The place is nice and very clean, the breakfast has fresh brazilian fruits. I had a lot of fun when I was there. There was a Halloween party at the hostel with a lot of people and I made few friends from all around the world! Thank you guys!!! You ROCK!!!

Location is prime in Vila Madalena - right next to a ton of restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. Hostel staff is incredibly friendly (Giancarlo) and helped us plan a bunch of day trips as well as a day trip out to Rio. Rooms are as expected for a hostel, bathrooms are a bit sparse and could be a little cleaner. Since I was there during the winter, the hostel itself wasn't too lively, but there is TONS to do right outside the front gate towards the right.

Dear, thanks for the comment, we are very happy we had helped you with your travel plans! About the cleaning action has been taken to improve it. Sincerely! The Management

Needs to be cleaned more thoroughly in the bathrooms. Staff needs to educate themselves a bit more about local happenings, transportation, etc.

We apologize if the service wasn't as good as you expected. Today we have more than one employee for cleaning and take better care of failures in this area. Regarding to the staff, I believe it was a misunderstanding, everyone knows the city well and especially the region of Vila Madalena, and it is available at the reception a city guide in English and Portuguese developed and updated by the hostel. We hope to have the opportunity to receive you again and to show our services efficiently. Sincerely, The Management.

look no further

was pretty quiet when I was there, the staff were awesome

Breakfast is great, the cake is delicious! Vila Madalena is safe and full of bars to check. Ó do borogodó and Pau Brasil has the best live Samba music around the area. Staff is really helpful with maps, information and directions.

The (HI) Sampa Hostel was the best experience 4 me in Brazil. It's closer to subway. There are several bars and restaurants around. The staff was amazing, specially Deborah and Gonçalo. Quite clean, safe and the daily tips from the front desk are very good...

• 28th Feb 2011
  • Portugal

That's the second time that I went there and I could see the improvements with the rooms and patio. The staff is really helpful and I made a lot of friends again and we had a lot of fun at Vila Madalena neighborhood.

great location, really really helpful staff but not a huge amount of atmosphere or communal activities. Definitely a good place to stay in Sao Paulo though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3