Samsen Skyline Hostel Reviews

62 Samsen Road, Phranakhorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Very good overall experience. The location is perfect, in a lovely backpackers area, with a lot of local food everywhere! Just 10 minutes away from Kao San Road on foot. The hostel is a really good value. Rooms are clean, towels are free, the staff is really nice, and the rooftop is perfect for chilling!

• 5th Feb 2015

The best part about this place is the rooftop view of the city. You could have a cool party up there with a bunch of travelers. Otherwise , checking out was a close second. You could find better value for money elsewhere.

We've spend 5 nights in the Samsen Skyline hostel. We've had a very pleasant stay due to the cleanliness of the hostel and the very kind staff!! The hostel is conveniently located, close to koh san road, but far enough to escape from the chaos at night. The receptionist was very helpful; she gave us tips on nice places to go, arranged taxis for a good price and much more to make our stay very comfortable. We definitely recommend this hostel in Bangkok

Just stayed one night with 7 people total. It got the job done.

• 15th Jan 2015

Had a great time, staff were awesome, rooftop was a cool place with great views. We were there for New Year and the atmosphere was fantastic, the staff even did us a free Thai buffet! Not too far from Khao San Road but far enough to be quiet. We went in one of the 4 bed dorms, beds were comfortable and air con worked well and was quiet. Will defo visit again on another trip to BKK.

Very friendly and helpful day staff

• 15th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you want a cheap hostel near the kao San road then it's fine, but the room was a windowless box that smelt funny and I could hear noise through the paper thin walls till very late and you can also hear the noisy road. The whole place smelt of something so bad it made me feel sick so that I couldn't eat the whole time I stayed. The beds and bathroom clean enough for such an old place though light a stick of incense downstairs guys! Staff very nice and friendly and gave me water :)

Beds are comfortable but the whole place has a weird smell from whatever they cook downstairs. I was really ill when I got there and they were nice to me and sped up check in and gave me some water which was nice. I had real trouble getting them to book my airport transfer but it all worked out in the end.

very nice and helpful staff; I met nice people there; maybe the bathrooms could be a bit cleaner; the 4-bed-dorm with air con was really good

Got really depressed when I arrived at this hostel the first day of my trip. Although the location is great, the smell of the whole place was disgusting, the room seemed old and dirty and the shared bathroom was nasty. The only good thing was the AC in our room. Booked amazing hostels for the same price during the rest of my trip.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

The owner was very nice. Love the roof top terrace. It's very sample but it's very nice to meet and talk with new people. Great WiFi. They sell food in front of the hostel as well. That was delicious. Just 5 minutes away to Koh San road. I'd recommend to stay here;)

• 14th Oct 2014

This hostel was ok if you just want to sleep. No social area, our rooms air con didn't work so very hot, only upside is it was a five minute walk from koh san road. I would not recommend staying here.