Samsen Skyline Hostel Reviews

62 Samsen Road, Phranakhorn, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was ok, clean but basic, lots of mess in hallways etc. One night I went to the bathroom while my girlfriend was still asleep in the room - when I came out of the toilet the transgender receptionist was waiting for me outside. It's 2am and she grabbed me telling me to go upstairs with her. I said not a chance and she kept trying to grab me upstairs!! Just a bit inappropriate!

The place smelt of off food, it seriously needs some sort of ventilation or air freshener or just general hygiene. The room had no windows and seemed to be in the laundry? The bed was hard as a rock, the floors and bathroom was dirty and the place itself had a creepy vibe. The staff were friendly and spoke good english it's just a shame they spent more time sleeping than trying to clean and maintain the hostel.

There was a smell in reception that reminded of an OAP home, but i think its the air con.. Very warm throughout hostel and no ventilation in wet rooms.. Air con in dorm very good but mattress was very hard., poor insulation in walls as neighbours were heard through our stay 10 min walk from khaosan road !

Very very nice and clean hostel in Bangkok! During our 5 weeks trip through Asia, we came to Bangkok for three times and always came back to Samsen. It is very convenient and you can walk to Khao San Road in 5 minutes. But the best thing about the Hostel is the super nice staff!!! They are all so lovely!! I could really recommend to book a night at Samsen Skyline Hostel :)

• 8th Mar 2015

- i booked a room and it was not available when i wanted to check-in - staff was very unpolite and asked to stay in a dorm room instead or paying HB-deposit back - room was very hot, only with fan - luggage storage is 20baht/day, transgender staff charged 50 euro for a few hours - never saw any other traveller Summary: I would never again stay in that hostel, rude staff (although it was their mistake because they were overbooked). Much much more value somewhere else

Dear Mr. M, We're sorry the room wasn't available when you wanted to check in. Sorry the option of another room that was ready didn't suit you. You specifically reserved our fan room, so we don't understand why you'd complain about it. There is no way you were charged 50 euro for anything. Unfortunately, your complaints don't make any sense, so it leaves us in the dark about how to correct what we did wrong. Regardless of our shortcomings in your eyes, we do regret you felt someone was impolite.

Friendly staff, good location.

Very nice hostel with friendly an helpful staff. Cool atmosphere and really relaxed location. Near to khaosan road and you have a great rooftop to hangout and meet other people ! Its a cool place to stay for every traveller even with a low budget.

• 26th Feb 2015

Good social Hostel, with the roof top providing decent views and a good place to hang out and meet people. Also perfect distance away from Ko San Road.

Very good overall experience. The location is perfect, in a lovely backpackers area, with a lot of local food everywhere! Just 10 minutes away from Kao San Road on foot. The hostel is a really good value. Rooms are clean, towels are free, the staff is really nice, and the rooftop is perfect for chilling!

• 5th Feb 2015

What a kind review. So glad you had such a good stay!

The best part about this place is the rooftop view of the city. You could have a cool party up there with a bunch of travelers. Otherwise , checking out was a close second. You could find better value for money elsewhere.

Ouch! Ok, well at least we got the rooftop.

We've spend 5 nights in the Samsen Skyline hostel. We've had a very pleasant stay due to the cleanliness of the hostel and the very kind staff!! The hostel is conveniently located, close to koh san road, but far enough to escape from the chaos at night. The receptionist was very helpful; she gave us tips on nice places to go, arranged taxis for a good price and much more to make our stay very comfortable. We definitely recommend this hostel in Bangkok

So glad you had a pleasant stay!

Just stayed one night with 7 people total. It got the job done.

• 15th Jan 2015

Had a great time, staff were awesome, rooftop was a cool place with great views. We were there for New Year and the atmosphere was fantastic, the staff even did us a free Thai buffet! Not too far from Khao San Road but far enough to be quiet. We went in one of the 4 bed dorms, beds were comfortable and air con worked well and was quiet. Will defo visit again on another trip to BKK.

Very friendly and helpful day staff

• 15th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you want a cheap hostel near the kao San road then it's fine, but the room was a windowless box that smelt funny and I could hear noise through the paper thin walls till very late and you can also hear the noisy road. The whole place smelt of something so bad it made me feel sick so that I couldn't eat the whole time I stayed. The beds and bathroom clean enough for such an old place though light a stick of incense downstairs guys! Staff very nice and friendly and gave me water :)

We did remove that 3-week-old cadaver from the second floor. Hopefully, the smell has improved. (Seriously, though, sounds like someone used dirty mop water. And sorry you somehow got stuck in our reserve room. Since you reserved online you shouldn't have been in there. Someone made a mistake. Their head will roll!)