Samsen Skyline Hostel Reviews

62 Samsen Road, Phranakhorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Very friendly and helpful day staff

• 15th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you want a cheap hostel near the kao San road then it's fine, but the room was a windowless box that smelt funny and I could hear noise through the paper thin walls till very late and you can also hear the noisy road. The whole place smelt of something so bad it made me feel sick so that I couldn't eat the whole time I stayed. The beds and bathroom clean enough for such an old place though light a stick of incense downstairs guys! Staff very nice and friendly and gave me water :)

Beds are comfortable but the whole place has a weird smell from whatever they cook downstairs. I was really ill when I got there and they were nice to me and sped up check in and gave me some water which was nice. I had real trouble getting them to book my airport transfer but it all worked out in the end.

very nice and helpful staff; I met nice people there; maybe the bathrooms could be a bit cleaner; the 4-bed-dorm with air con was really good

Got really depressed when I arrived at this hostel the first day of my trip. Although the location is great, the smell of the whole place was disgusting, the room seemed old and dirty and the shared bathroom was nasty. The only good thing was the AC in our room. Booked amazing hostels for the same price during the rest of my trip.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

The owner was very nice. Love the roof top terrace. It's very sample but it's very nice to meet and talk with new people. Great WiFi. They sell food in front of the hostel as well. That was delicious. Just 5 minutes away to Koh San road. I'd recommend to stay here;)

• 14th Oct 2014

This hostel was ok if you just want to sleep. No social area, our rooms air con didn't work so very hot, only upside is it was a five minute walk from koh san road. I would not recommend staying here.

Cheap hostel centrally located. Uncomfortable beds, but you can't expect much for the price. Nothing special, but would stay again!

Nice staff and ok location, other then that I would not recommend. The walls were paper thin and we could hear our noisy neighbors as if they were in our room. The room was really small and had no window so it felt like a prison cell.

Sorry, AO. It sounds like you landed in our back-up room (the room we use for emergencies, when there are booking problems). It's the only room without windows. Wish you would have mentioned your disappointment to the clerks. Our apologies.

I stay in a single room and I think rooms should be renewed. Maybe it is clean but it actually looks dirty. Vera noisy. Doors are not really secure. It is good location but I think it is worth to pay some more Bahts for a better place. I

Not a very clean place. My roommates were loud and obnoxious. Pretty good location tho. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 4th Aug 2014

Sorry Thomas , Renovation all the facilities during your stay . sorry for inconvenience.

We booked a 4 people private room but one night we had an extra gust..well, that's ok..BUT the day after they moved all our stuff in another room and they just emailed to tell us (I 'll never check emails all day long if I am on holyday!!!!), I think this is not a correct behaviour at all!!Go to another hostel,there are so many near Khao San Road!!!

Main reason we loved this place was because of the rooftop terrace. We met some great people and it was a great place to have a drink before heading to Khao San Road. We were offered a private room because we are a couple which was nice. Could have been a bit cleaner in the bathrooms. There was a bad smell on the level we were on. We also felt it was a bit pricey for the quality of the hostel but we still had a great time.

Dear K . O , Thanks a lot . See you again !!

I stayed in both a single room and a mixed dorm. The bed in the single room was pretty uncomfortable and there was a cockroach (but only one). The bed in the dorm was a bit better. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were always pretty gross but that's what you get with the whole open shower system in Thailand. Good location if you want to party on khao san road, it's close but not so close that you'll be up all night.

My main objection is that there's no expectation by staff that guests cut down the noise after 11pm or midnight or so, no signs to that effect etc. It's pretty much a constant party in most of the common areas, and it would have been nice if there had been some expectation of respect for guests who aren't there to get as drunk as possible every night.

• 17th Jul 2014

Samsen skyline was in a great location, not far from the khao San road and temples. The rooms were well air conditioned and the staff were very friendly. The roof top terrace was good for meeting new people too.

I've stayed in this hostel twice during my SE Asia trip. It is a nice place but not the best compared to others in the area (i cannot compare it to others in the city). I've choosed this place because for what you pay, you have a nice room (not the cleanest but good) really close to the khao san road area. The guy at the desk is nice, If you plan to just sleep in the hostel, it is a good option, with a nice rooftop to meet other travellers.

I really enjoyed it here, friendly staff and the roof top is a great retreat to chill out on. Good distance away from khao san road and loads of street side food just outside.

• 9th Jul 2014

Your typical basic dorm. Clean, has wifi, about 10 minute walk from the tourist area of khao san rd. Only thing was that staff seemed to mix up things or was confused as i had extended a night but the other receptionist didnt seem to know about it.

Dear Trang , Thanks for the stay . Thanks for reviews . Was a new receptionist & was the first day he working . Apology !!

Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was a little dirty and not cleaned in 4 days. The beds are very very hard like sleeping on wood.