Samui Backpacker Hotel Reviews

76/1 Moo.4, Bangrak, Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand

Great place, really cloe to the pier. We hired bikes and went around the island which was great. The common area in the garden is cool and allows everyone to socialise. The dorm is really clean, tidy, AC and wifi functions perfectly and the bathrooms are clean also.

Not only is it a 20-person dorm but the common area with the TV and couch is IN the dorm room next to all of the beds. Good luck sleeping! With a common area in the room, people are up drinking, watching TV and yelling all night while you are trying to sleep. Who would think to set it up this way?

None of the plugs worked in the Dorms during my stay

I only stayed here one night but I did really enjoy it. The bed was nice and comfy. The staff was very helpful with all my questions and booking of ferries. I found the bathrooms to be very clean for the amount of people in the dorm.

Really clean and comfortable with friendly staff!

Staff is good and helpful but I wasn't too impressed with the giant, 20-bed dorm rooms. The bathrooms were usually dirty again shortly after cleaning just because of the number of people using them. The AC was absolutely freezing if you were in the beds closest to it, and the blankets weren't warm enough. Lots of big groups came through during my stay, which isn't very fun if you're traveling on your own. The nearby beach was not very clean.

I had a great time, this hostel is everything I could want (I do also want a swimming pool though). Really nice bar, bar games and staff were a load of fun and nightlife isn't far, 50 baht taxi each or you can get a ride on staff motorbikes. I wanted it to be busier, would have been mindblowing, unfortunately it was too chilled but with a few people you will have a great time. I'm solo so want a more people!