Samui Hostel Reviews

37/71 moo.3 Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

very loud and beds are so hard but it is ok for 1-2 nights. Location was perfect

Samui Hostel was actually a really nice hostel to stay in. The rooms were quite comfortable and clean! The WiFi was only downstairs in the main lounge and it got a bit loud but couldn't be helped as it was the holiday season! There was a slight issue with the booking and my friend and I ended up having to move to a different hostel around the street but that was the only issue.

Rooms had no mosquito guards causing windows to be shut all the time and the temperature of the room unbearable. Got phone stolen first night from room whilst asleep and staff were unhelpful when we reported it to them. Good communal area but no one appeared to use it and slow wifi.

Good value for the money. Don't trust true valubles to the dorm overhead lock box. The maid has a second key. I returned one eveming, only to find the entire contents missing. They had to recall the maid and fortunately I got all valubles back. Instead, bring your own lock and insist on a locker to the left of the reception area. You will lose overnight access but gain some peice of mind. Not much to see on the island except for some anatomically correct explicit rock formations about 6 km.

Cheap dorm rooms that were comfortable. We had a problem with the bathroom in our dorm, where the shower wasn't draining so the bathroom ended up flooding but we were able to switch rooms and didn't have a problem from then on. The hostel is a short walk from the beach/bars/restaurants. Good value for money.

We stayed in a six bed mixed dorm. The heat inside the windowless room was unbearable. The two fans were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. Proof of this was 65 year old man sleeping naked in our room. It was not a pretty sight. Also in order to get the bathroom door locked in our room took a solid 5 minutes of trying so we had to use the one outside the room. Plus points were each bed had its own PowerPoint and light. Overall a sweat box with an awful view.

The room was really dark and dingy with no windows. It was really small and cramped and everyone was on top of one another. There was also a really bad smell coming from the toilets. The walls were really thin so every sound was heard from the bathroom. Also, although there's a lock into the building. There wasn't a lock for our dorm therefore anybody could have had access. I think you can find better value for your money elsewhere on the island in hotels/bungalows

The rooms where clean, there was a little locker what was nice. There was free wifi downstairs and if you have a good reception also in your room. I really recommand to take a room with airco, because it is really hot otherwise. Use your locker because there where cellphones stolen out of the rooms when they where recharging unther the pillow. And for the staff I really recommand a raser for in the bathroom otherwise the floor is a swimmingpool. I rrally enjoy my stay :)

• 19th Aug 2014

out of my whole trip in thailand samui hostel is where i had the most fun the atmosphere is so good because theres a common area where people can chill and get together before they head out i loved it . its also in a really nice location a tiny bit far from the clubs and main shopping area like a 20/30 min walk its just so nice i cant explain it and i got freee fruit so heyy loved it.

• 12th Aug 2014

We only stayed one night as we had to take a flight next morning at the airport. Clean rooms and good service.

It was a pretty standard hostel. We were on the top floor so up 10 sets of stairs. That wasn't easy with a huge rucksack. One bathroom between 8 beds too is a bit tight. Staff weren't overly helpful either as my bed had no working light or plug and I asked to move to another empty bed and they refused to let me, it was a bit confusing. Overall not great but not the worst

The owner and wife were good, but they had an assistant who didn't know much.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Fantastic hostel. Great place to meet people its quality

Really enjoyed my time at this hostel great party atmosphere and really easy to meet new people!

• 4th Aug 2014