Samui Hostel Reviews

37/71 moo.3 Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

Hostel was decent. Walk home from the main beach bars took a long time, maybe 30 mins. The lack of social atmosphere was the main complaint for this hostel. Everyone kept to themselves a lot. Also no fridge or kitchen.

• 10th Feb 2015

As far as hostels go; this place is great. The rooms are well air conditioned and the rooms were kept very clean. Location wise, it's centre to all the bars so i wouldn't recommend it if you want many quiet early nights although that will depend on your roommates. The rooms all have locks and everyone is provided with a small locker. I actually didnt use that and all of my stuff was completely safe. Staff are brilliant and happy to help at all times.

• 6th Feb 2015

Very large hostel in the main area of Samui. Clean rooms with towels and bathrooms inside, comfortable beds and good area for socialising. Lots of restaurants and booking companies near by. Recommend booking 2-3 nights, was full when I was here!

Staff would not give any help with directions. They wanted me to take their taxi everywhere when the location was close by.

SUPER SLOW CHECK IN AND THE FRONTDESK WAS VERY RUDE, NOT VERY HELPFUL AT ALL

Very cool host. Our door was wrecked but the came and fixed it. Had AC and awesome guests. Would stay again!

The hostel is nothing special, quite clean, our room had air conditioning and a van which was a big plus (but no window in the room)! The common room was spacious but not very social, most of the reason why most of the people were hanging out there was a wifi but we still had fun with other fellow backpackers tho! The staff was all the time nice and smiling but their english was quite poor so it was kinda difficult to understand each other.

The hostel was nice. We unfortunately had a problem with our air conditioning, it would over cool the room to the point where we felt we were in a refrigerator. I tried to report this to staff but they spoke no English. Unfortunately we knew no thai either.

Hostel was really far from the main strip, although I was under the impressions that it was very close!... Lockers were very secure... Bathrooms were a bit gross

Location was good and staff was somewhat helpful. General area for meeting people isn't very busy. The WiFi was a wildcard on when it would work. 5 minutes from Chaweng beach and about 20 minutes walking from Ark Bar and The Green Mango (you should go there).

very loud and beds are so hard but it is ok for 1-2 nights. Location was perfect

The only hostel in my travels that gave me major issues. Their listing on Hostel World is false and they have terrible customer service. I wrote a review on my travel blog here: http://soloadventuremate.com/thailand/samui-hostel-review/

Samui Hostel was actually a really nice hostel to stay in. The rooms were quite comfortable and clean! The WiFi was only downstairs in the main lounge and it got a bit loud but couldn't be helped as it was the holiday season! There was a slight issue with the booking and my friend and I ended up having to move to a different hostel around the street but that was the only issue.

Rooms had no mosquito guards causing windows to be shut all the time and the temperature of the room unbearable. Got phone stolen first night from room whilst asleep and staff were unhelpful when we reported it to them. Good communal area but no one appeared to use it and slow wifi.

Good value for the money. Don't trust true valubles to the dorm overhead lock box. The maid has a second key. I returned one eveming, only to find the entire contents missing. They had to recall the maid and fortunately I got all valubles back. Instead, bring your own lock and insist on a locker to the left of the reception area. You will lose overnight access but gain some peice of mind. Not much to see on the island except for some anatomically correct explicit rock formations about 6 km.

Cheap dorm rooms that were comfortable. We had a problem with the bathroom in our dorm, where the shower wasn't draining so the bathroom ended up flooding but we were able to switch rooms and didn't have a problem from then on. The hostel is a short walk from the beach/bars/restaurants. Good value for money.

We stayed in a six bed mixed dorm. The heat inside the windowless room was unbearable. The two fans were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. Proof of this was 65 year old man sleeping naked in our room. It was not a pretty sight. Also in order to get the bathroom door locked in our room took a solid 5 minutes of trying so we had to use the one outside the room. Plus points were each bed had its own PowerPoint and light. Overall a sweat box with an awful view.