Samui Hostel Reviews

37/71 moo.3 Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

Rooms had no mosquito guards causing windows to be shut all the time and the temperature of the room unbearable. Got phone stolen first night from room whilst asleep and staff were unhelpful when we reported it to them. Good communal area but no one appeared to use it and slow wifi.

Good value for the money. Don't trust true valubles to the dorm overhead lock box. The maid has a second key. I returned one eveming, only to find the entire contents missing. They had to recall the maid and fortunately I got all valubles back. Instead, bring your own lock and insist on a locker to the left of the reception area. You will lose overnight access but gain some peice of mind. Not much to see on the island except for some anatomically correct explicit rock formations about 6 km.

We stayed in a six bed mixed dorm. The heat inside the windowless room was unbearable. The two fans were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. Proof of this was 65 year old man sleeping naked in our room. It was not a pretty sight. Also in order to get the bathroom door locked in our room took a solid 5 minutes of trying so we had to use the one outside the room. Plus points were each bed had its own PowerPoint and light. Overall a sweat box with an awful view.

The room was really dark and dingy with no windows. It was really small and cramped and everyone was on top of one another. There was also a really bad smell coming from the toilets. The walls were really thin so every sound was heard from the bathroom. Also, although there's a lock into the building. There wasn't a lock for our dorm therefore anybody could have had access. I think you can find better value for your money elsewhere on the island in hotels/bungalows

The rooms where clean, there was a little locker what was nice. There was free wifi downstairs and if you have a good reception also in your room. I really recommand to take a room with airco, because it is really hot otherwise. Use your locker because there where cellphones stolen out of the rooms when they where recharging unther the pillow. And for the staff I really recommand a raser for in the bathroom otherwise the floor is a swimmingpool. I rrally enjoy my stay :)

• 19th Aug 2014

out of my whole trip in thailand samui hostel is where i had the most fun the atmosphere is so good because theres a common area where people can chill and get together before they head out i loved it . its also in a really nice location a tiny bit far from the clubs and main shopping area like a 20/30 min walk its just so nice i cant explain it and i got freee fruit so heyy loved it.

• 12th Aug 2014

We only stayed one night as we had to take a flight next morning at the airport. Clean rooms and good service.

It was a pretty standard hostel. We were on the top floor so up 10 sets of stairs. That wasn't easy with a huge rucksack. One bathroom between 8 beds too is a bit tight. Staff weren't overly helpful either as my bed had no working light or plug and I asked to move to another empty bed and they refused to let me, it was a bit confusing. Overall not great but not the worst

The owner and wife were good, but they had an assistant who didn't know much.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Fantastic hostel. Great place to meet people its quality

Really enjoyed my time at this hostel great party atmosphere and really easy to meet new people!

• 4th Aug 2014

Decent hostel-we only stayed one night as a stopover to Koh Tao but if we'dve stayed longer, a more central location would had been better as you would need to get a taxi to get to the main tourist area. The beach is a 5 min walk away and you have to cut through a hotel to get to it. No complaints about the hostel itself-clean, pleasant and helpful staff, but a bit far from everything so a bit boring-there werent many people in the hostel either. Recommended as a comfortable stopover.

Rooms are clean and lots of space. Social is good , met some great people location is awesome right by the beach and easy to get to all the clubs.:)

Honestly? It was great. We stayed in private twin. REALLYclean, Staff super kind and helpful. I don't think I've stayed in such a nice hostel before. Location is very good as well casue it is close to all the shops and restaurants and a small walk from beach, but also it is located in quiet area. It was really positive surprise. It was just top class hostel. Wifi working. And again staff - I think it was manager of the hostel - he was super-kind person. I really recommend.

very good hostel in samui. friendly staffs, clean well, wide n comfy bed, good location. i would definately come again

This was a brilliant hostel to meet people in with a really well used communal area. The staff were also really helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hostel to everybody.

Spent one night here before going to the airport. It was not very expensive and had an awesome night here. The hostel was clean and the location was nice and also met some great people. Would recommend staying here.

Place was so good we decided to extend our stay!!

This place is cheap, it's ok to stay here. But it looks like the staff doesn't care to do their duties properly. The staff didn't take out the garbage from the room's trash bin (I've spent 4 nights but they didn't clean it), the bathroom was regularly flooded, but it was taking long-long time to repair & clean it. Also, this hostel is the loudest one, it's bad that the staff didn't care about drunk & noizy visitors at 3-4 AM singing & speaking loudly just next to your door during 2 nishts.

The beds are so nice to sleep in and there is a common to get to know other people. But the walk to the beach was abit further than what we would have liked (15mins away). But they have been one of the cleanest and nicest hostels I have stayed at .