San Diego's Ocean Beach International Hostel Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Great location, great staff! Absolute discussing showers and facilities, also way to many! That is a discrase!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Hotel is in a great location if your looking for a chill out time close to a beach.

• 22nd Aug 2014

right by the beach! good atmosphere! unfortunately not a lot of showers for the size of the facility

If you want to be near a great beach, this is the perfect location. You really can't go wrong. One thing though, if you're planning on going to bed before 2 am at all, make sure you get a room away from the outside commons area.

Staff are great. Very helpful and informative. Free dinner and beer twice a week was great! Comfy beds for a hostel. About 200 m from the beach and the street is full of bars and restaurants.

very good place to meet people and have a great time.. also good to start surfing as the beach is really close !

Best hostel I've stayed in since I've been in America. Everyone is so chilled and friendly. Most nights there are events on which almost everyone joins in on so it's really easy to meet other travellers. 5/5

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel with really cool people and activities in the evening like games or bonfires at the beach! Great to meet new people

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff was great, friendly, good suggestions. Helped us get discounts on rentals ect.. great experience! Would definitely go back or recommend to anyone else

• 8th Aug 2014

It's clear to me that this hostel has been around the block a few times and knows the business well, which contributed to OBI being a pretty well-oiled machine in terms of providing for its guests. While the atmosphere is a little bit dark, it is a very fun place with a ton of folks from all over the place. I also appreciate that this is a hostel that is decidedly international - requires a foreign passport or an American guest MUST be a student/educator from outside of San Diego. Pretty sweet!

I had no problems with the accommodation, the hosts, facilities or location. It was individuals that smoke in no smoking areas and just down to personal curtesy at times. I enjoyed my time there, met a lot of people and appreciate the hostel's hospitality and kindness. Thank you very much.

• 3rd Aug 2014

They went out of their way, it was cool.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Africa

This was the best location to the beach. Staff were very helpful with local information. Breakfast great, I would recomend this hostel to everyone. My stay was 9 day, I will be back again.

Great location and staff. Good atmosphere. Rooms were extremely hot and showers were ordinary but generally good.

Showers are terrible, however the atmosphere, organised activities and the location are amazing.

Amazing stay at this hostel. Couldn't recommend it more. Perfectly located just off the beach, the atmosphere is amazing, the food and entertainment is awesome, couldn't fault it. So sad that we had to leave!!!! 5*

I had an amazing time at this hostel, the staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was great! They have incredible free breakfasts with eggs, pancakes, fruit, toast! They also provide free dinners on Sundays and Mondays which was great for us as we were on a tight budget! If we hadn't already booked out next hostel we would have stayed for at least another week! 5*s!!!

• 26th Jul 2014

Best hostel in San Diego, no doubt

Absolutely loved our stay!!!!

• 23rd Jul 2014

The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The place was in a perfect location for beach lovers. I literally spent almost all my time in ocean beach and met lots of amazing people. Only down side was the pull cord showers.

• 22nd Jul 2014