San Diego's Ocean Beach International Hostel Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Super chilled atmosphere. Staff are really nice and theres usually a group of people going out every night. The hostel is right next to the beach, a few cool bars in the area. Recommend this place for sure! And tonnes of good places to eat too. The free breakfast is also a very nice touch.

Very good place to stay, good location near to the beach. Bathrooms could be more cleaner but nothing terrible.

Fantastic hostel!! Clean, close to the beach, and in a great location. I honestly can't say enough. Top drawer!

Didn't want to leave! Was such a good atmosphere and a cool hostel! Will definitely be coming back!

Best location, nice crowd, sociable and clean.

We had an amazing time at OBI!! Such an incredible environment. I highly recommend this hostel if visiting southern California. Sam, Noah, and all the staff are so friendly and helpful. Daily outings help you to get to know the area and hostel guests. Def made some lifelong friends and plan on staying there again and again. Do it.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Really liked my stay here. Staff is great. Very helpful and friendly. Other guest were also very nice. The hostel is located in a street full of bars and the beach is only 5 minutes walk. Downtown is 30 minutes away but you will enjoy your time in OB. I would defo recommend this hostel to everybody.

This is a high-quality hostel in a great location with a Top-Notch staff who are happy to help with any travelers need; really can't say enough about them! The facilities are excellent as well, with spacious rooms, clean bathrooms, an excellent kitchen and social areas! I never had a chance to go to the beach fire barbecue, but that seemed really cool as well, especially in regards to California's limited use of beach fires on the beach, great option! Thank you all for a great stay! J

Hey, i really liked that Guy Noah... His Events made the hostel much more fun for me!

Unbeknownst to me, they asked for my passport or student ID. Luckily I had my passport on me, but wasn't informed in advance that this would be required. I am an american citizen and so wouldn't have needed my passport in normal circumstnaces. Not sure what they would have done if I didn't have my passport with me.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Pellsl

Very helpful staff, tasty breakfast pancakes and pleasant atmosphere. Would recommend it.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Belarus

I love Ocean Beach, and this hostel is prime location right on Newport Avenue, surrounded by shops, cafés and bars, and a couple of blocks back from the beach - what more would you want? The hostel staff are professional and very friendly. Events are well organised and no one is left out. The breakfast is also top notch - you won't go hungry, especially when they also have a free dinner, and other low cost dinners, during the week. Highly recommend!

The hostel was a bit run down, but several repairs looked to be in the works. Rooms were clean. Lots of activities available to connect with other guests. Only a couple blocks walk from the beach, and a block from bus access to the rest of the city, so great location. The front door is locked in the evening and accessible by a code, so felt secure, but I'm not sure if the staff was aware of what was going on on the front porch in the late hours - arriving late was a little ...... interesting

1 2 Next » last »