San Fermin Reviews

Calle Fermin Calbeton 23, San Sebastian, Spain

Nice hostel in the best location in San Sebastián. The four person room with ensuite was spacious and clean, included aircon and lockers. The only downside is that there is no social atmosphere or charm to the place.

Excellent location and very good facilities. I've heard it can be quite noisy at nights but my room was in the back and was amazingly quiet! You get air-con as well! A bit expensive perhaps, but it was the Semana Grade so it's quite understandable. Clap, clap, Anne! (the girl at the reception desk). She was extremely efficient, kind and spoke many languages (even though I speak Spanish all the French guests were very grateful...

Thank you so much Juan for your review! We are happy to hear that you have a nice stay with us. We hope to host you next time as well. Kind Regards,

Ibcident in our room but well managed by the staff! Thank you! The hostel is right on a busy but lovely restaurant bar street!

Thank you so much for your review Florence! We are happy to hear that you have a nice stay with us . Best Regards,

We enjoyed our stay at San Fermin. Welcoming staff, our bathroom was cleaned frequently, excellent location. The wifi only works in the common room / kitchen at the top floor which is the only inconvenience. Well equipped kitchen!

Thank you so much for your review Luci! We would like to apologise for the intenet conexion, usually you can get a good conexion from all our facilities but unfortunatelly sometimes gets down. Apart from this inconvenient, we are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Kind regards,

Loved it! Great location and perfect balcony for meeting other travellers and good kitchen. Mort and Annie were amazing at reception very helpful and funny. 10/10!

Hola Michael! Thank you so much for your review! It was great to host you too. We hope to see you next time as well. Kind Regards,

Loved all the girls that worked there! Best Hostel experience and a fabulous location!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Thank you so much for your review Erin! It is a pleasure for us to know that you had such a great experience in the Hostel. We hope to host you next time you will visit San Sebastián. Kind Regards,

Woman at the front desk was super helpful, she even printed my boarding pass hours after I'd checked out. Central location but be aware it might be noisy outside if you're on a lower floor and trying to sleep. Really nice en suite bathroom. I recommend!

Thank you so much Kathryn! We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We hope to host you next time as well. Kinds Regards!

Zero character.

Nice place but didn't really feel too much like a hostel as their was no atmosphere. No lockers for luggage either. Not a bad place but not brillant either.

Hello, and first of all thank you for your feedback! We just received new lockers, so now all the rooms have their own locker, I hope that helps in the future. Regarding the atmosphere, I guess it depends on the dates, as we have a common area with a kitchen and terrace where all guests are allowed to use, sorry you didn't get to enjoy it. Hope we can host you in the near future!

Cheapest one we could find, and it was really nice. No Lockers though and sometimes at night you had this really weird smell in our room, otherwise, it was all clean and nice and had hot nice showers and everything.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

A young and vibrant place to stay located in a street with plenty of bars! A perfect place for young travellers!

great location, however hostel has very little atmosphere. only a small kitchen to meet other people. the 6 bed rooms are very cramped but the 4 bed rooms are quite spacious. quite expensive however it was peak season and san sebastian is a generally expensive town

I had a horrible experience at this hostel. Two people in my dorm decided to bring a group of people back to the room at 3am and have a party while I'm trying to sleep only feet away. This was only possible because there was no one working at reception. I went down to try and talk to someone about what was happening but no one was there. I would NEVER stay here again because of what happened. Just terrible.

Good morning , First of all, thank you so much for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately, I t is very difficult to be in charge of behavior of all our guests,thats why we have an urgencies telephone number at the reception. Be sure that we take note of this situation and that never will happen again. Once again, we apologise for all the inconveniences caused and we hope to host you in the next future.

A perfect hostel with a great kitchen and terrace upstairs! The rooms were quiet, but the party scene is easily accessible. It's conveniently located in the heart of the Old Town, a short walking distance from the best pubs and tapas restaurants in town. Love this place!

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to host you next time you will visit San Sebastian. Best Regards,

My friend and I had a great stay at San Fermin, it's very well located in the heart of the old town and very close to the beach. My only complaint would be the water pressure and temperature in our shower was pretty bad and the toilet seat was broken on one side. Staff were friendly and helpful and they stored our luggage once we checked out so we didn't have to carry them all day.

Great hostel right on the main pintxos street of the old town. Good value friendly staff and very quiet given the location.

Feels like they've just opened after renovation so some things I think are going o approve quite a bit. The lack of kitchen and other people in the common area will surely change as they get up and runnin again! But in all a great stay!

Not a great hostel. No lockers, no kitchen, no staff on site after 22h00.

Very good hostel. Great location and friendly staff. Would definitely return!

• 8th May 2014
  • New Zealand

We arrived at the hostel 30 minutes before the closing time written on the door (10:30) but it was closed. No one answered the phone and we had to find a new hostel in the middle of the night. next day we went to the hostel to talk about the unacceptable situation they have put us in, but the receptionist told us to come back in the evening as she needed to talk to management. they charged us for 2 nights despite admitting it was their fault and against t&c.we complained but received no reply!!

• 22nd Apr 2014