San Fermin Reviews

Calle Fermin Calbeton 23, San Sebastian, Spain

After reviewing my credit card statement, I see I was charged the full amount for our disaster of a stay in what barely could be called an apartment (no hot water, no toilet seat, no locks on the large bedroom door, double booked beds, fights with no staff to monitor, etc.).

• 2nd Apr 2015

The guy at the front desk, Carlos, was an absolute delight. Although I paid for an 8 bed dorm, I was moved to a 4 bed and it was great. It included a private bathroom and a nice warm air pump. The hostel is right in the centre of things so it was noisey at night but not unbearable. I was very pleased with the kitchen facilities too. I would recommend San Fermin to anyone!

Staff was really kind! I liked this hostel! ;)

i have stayed 2 nights in San Fermin. It is almost spotless clean, wifi worked very wel, nice hot water shower, big kitchen. The location is right in the old part which is very convenient. However, it doesn't have real common areas for travelers to mingle, only tables and chairs next to the kitchen. The reception desk only opens for limited hours. When I arrived, I couldn't get in, and after I checked out, I couldn't come back to get my stuff. But luckily, the staff helped me out.

Thank you very much. We try to improve our services and front desk timetable for the future. In summer or high season we always work almost 24hs. Best regards,

This is a lovely hostel, excellent facilities, really nice, although rooms are a bit narrow. Although I would not recommend for solo travellers to meet people as the structure doesn't facilitate mingling. However if you are with a group if friends and want good value go here!

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry if you didn´t find too much people. The week you choose to visit our city it´s a bit quiet. We recommend you to come back better season. Regards,

I'm a solo traveler, it's in the middle of the actions but is safe and easy to find which was great seeing I arrived at night. San Sebastián isn't huge so this place being right in the middle makes it really easy and quick to walk to the 2 nearby beaches as well as the train stations. I enjoyed my stay here, pretty social and would definitely return!

They need to be more clear about their limited desk hours, which are highly inconvenient. Also, the staff was late to check us out and the wifi is spotty at best. We thought it was just poor in the rooms, but it was just as bad by the front desk. The rooms were very nice although some of the lockers are in the hallway. The private bathroom was great and everything was clean. The high-security helped me feel secure, but I feel that it prevented socialization.

• 29th Nov 2014

Great location, staff is really helpful, facilities are Ok and always clean (great kitchen, good lockers in bedrooms, nice showers). The only thing I didn't like is that I felt like staying in a hotel, with almost no atmosphere, and a common area that doesn't seem very welcoming and is empty most of the time.

I loved this hostel, but the wifi was very poor, bad reception in rooms... I would look into fixing the issue as its a really big aspect for most travelers these days. It would greatly improve the ratings and general thoughts about the hostel.

Great location in the old town around lots of good pintxos bars and close to the beaches. Staff are fine but are only there for limited hours a day. The wifi is poor and does not work in the rooms at all. Kitchen and terrace are big, clean and useful. Not a lot of atmosphere. Beds are small and some are on the ground in the dorms which was a bit weird.

really nice that there was a private bathroom for a 4 person room. that being said, the rooms were TINY and the hostel decided to place all 4 people staying in the entire hostel in one room. that wasnt the greatest arrangement. nice kitchen, however lacking common space.

Great location and great street. Can be a bit noisy late at night but close to the beach and awesome pintxos. There was a very nice terrace and kitchen to hang out in.

View all San Sebastian Hostels