San Francisco International Hostel

6.5
Good 1023 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 31-40
24th Jun 2017

All in all a good experience. The value for the money is very high. I've never stayed at a hostel before, but my expectations were met. What was really good were the guests, very diverse and cheerful people. Amenities were ok, service was ok. I loved the dining room and social room, I wish I would've stayed longer.

• Colombia, Female, 31-40
21st Jun 2017
4.3

The hostel has a great location and some of the staff are great. Be aware of the signs for parking outside of the hostel, you may get a fine. Installations too old, showers wasting lots of water. Breakfast is a joke, crepes making is a mess at mornings and you only get coffee with them. Security is an issue since staff wants you to ring a bell that you don't need bcs doors are open. Staff were very rude when you want to get back for you luggage, you can't even sit while waiting. More training!!

• nadine_meier967528
  • Switzerland, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
4.0

first of all, the staff was really rued and they didn't care about our requests. there were only a few showers for the guests which were very dirty and cold. In addition, there were a lot of mice in the hostel and we found a micetrap under our bed with dead mice and blood. Two of five machines in the laundryroom were out of order, so we waited around 4 hours. all in all we wouldn't recommend staying in this hostel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
6.3

Great Price - great location but infested with rats. One ate through my bag and a bit like in hunger games we had to keep waking up to fight them off all night. Real 'Tenderloin' experience.

• alannaf182
  • Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Jun 2017
7.4

Great location! Couldn't ask for better proximity to public transport. Our first room had mice in it, but the staff immediately put us in a new room and that was perfect! Overall a great place to stay! Lockers available for personal items ☺️

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2017
7.7

- security for luggage could be better - Bathroom wasn't clean

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
4.0

Arrived at the place and found mice in the room when we tried to go to sleep. Got moved to another room that was apparently not meant to be used to find more mice there. Woman working on the desk was very rude and swore down the phone to us. She was no help and basically laughed at us. Would not recommend this hostel at all unless you want to get friendly with mice.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
3.1

The beds are terrible it's like sleeping on the ground. Besides that I can't see the sign: "out of order". Everything is broken showers, toilets, washing machines. My room supposed to have a bathroom but it was out of order. There was no sink close by so I had to go three floors down in order to brush my teeth. When I complained about that I got an attitude from the staf. Next day I complained again and I got a new room. I slept in a lot of hostels and I have never seen anything like this before

• soraya_swaby7521
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2017

I enjoyed my stay; nice and friendly staff. Great location for what I was looking for.

14th Jun 2017
5.7

They're the cheapest in San Francisco and they know people will come no matter what. Tons of showers and bathrooms don't work, you might find yourself going 2 floors up to pee. Terrible elevator. They do the minimum that prevents this place from being REALLY bad, and not much more.