San Francisco International Hostel

Rating 1177 Total Reviews

• France, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017
3.1

Worst youth hostel ever. Mice in rooms, error in the reservation, bathrooms mostly broken, unclean kitchen.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

My friend and I read the reviews and we were worried. I think we really lucked out cause the staff was really nice, the bathrooms were really clean and we didn't see a single mice. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
5.4

We could only find one bathroom with a sink, the others were more or less clean toilets or semi-functioning showers. Everything seemed a little old and used up.. but staff was super super nice!

• Fayemaree
  • Australia, Female, 41+
5.1

Very old and noisy. Internet was not great in the rooms so you have to go to common areas. As I was leaving I had to strip my bed and it was then I saw the blood stains on the mattress... The place could be awesome but so run down. Windows broken, taps don't work... Location was great though.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
4.9

This hostel was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were very unhelpful, they refused to look at you, used their phones, and mostly just tried to get you to leave them alone. The hostel was incredibly dirty, on my floor of upward of nine, four-person dorm rooms, there were two toilets so often they were clogged. Over two days, more than once I entered a bathroom to find the toilet overflowing. Multiple other travellers had mice in their room. It was also incredibly expensive.

4.6

I didn't like this hostel. During the night, it is possible to hear some noises. Another negative aspect is related to number of bathrooms, in my floor had only a bathroom for more than twenty people. Beside that, they moved me to another bedroom during my stay (2days),because a group of friends wanted to stay together. However, they didn't asked to me whether I accepted or not. When, I returned to hostel my things are in another bedroom. In my opinion, the positive point is localization.

9th Aug 2017
6.6

The hostel was alright for the value but the facilities were lackluster. Only the hot water worked in the bathroom, there was no bathroom mirror, tiles were cracked, and I even saw a mouse. Location was close to transportation and the staff were nice and helpful. I would say overall it's slightly below average.

• England, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
3.7

Staff were unhelpful and out to make money. For example the parking deal they offer is not a deal and you can find much cheaper elsewhere. When I asked if there was cheaper I was looked at like I was an idiot for asking that question. In our 4 man door neither of the two plug sockets worked. Also when I asked where to hire bikes from they told me where to go. Once I got there I was told I needed a slip from reception so had to turn back and get the slip. Overall really unhappy with the staff.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
4.9

Unfortunately have to review this hostel as very poor. Manager works really hard but looks under staffed or under funded. Looks like a tough gig. Whole place needs to be renovated.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
5th Aug 2017
5.4

The people from my room made a mess and use the 4 beds in the room with their stuffs and when I asked to change the room the staffs didn't help us properly - they forget to put in the system so no room was more available - me and my sister have to shared the same bad since the other people didn't chance their things. My suggestion is create some systems to organized where does each guest need to sleep. Also I was in a mixed room (boys and girls)and the door bathroom was broken...