San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

i heard the hostel is the biggest hostel and best affordable price in San francisco that's why i chose there. there is there. i like there because there are good staffs, location.

shower doesn't work,,

This neighborhood is very sketchy, especially for a single traveler. The security of the hostel is great, and I'm glad it's necessary to be buzzed in. I also liked that there there lockers provided. The staff was really cool, and gave great tips for where to go in the area.

annoying at night. cannot sleep well

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

WiFi is slow and doesn't work sometime but their service are so nice

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Worst hostel ever! I booked with time but when I got there there was a big line of people waiting to get a room. After approximate 1 hour we realized there were no rooms available not even for the people that already paid. They didnt have rooms available and they didnt know why. There were guys that had been waiting for 6 hours! They assigned the same beds to more than 1 person by mistake. I needed to pay for an expensive hotel cause they never got me a room. Staff terrible too. Never go here!

• Mexico

Amazing place, for me it was just perfect!

• 28th Jun 2014

There were numerous staffers around but only 1 or 2 helping out the people in line. There was a lot of confusion and numerous people before me were having problems getting a bed. The line for the front desk was long and slow moving. A lot of people were being told to return in a few hours, not sure if they would have a place to stay. I saw people at the desk and in line frustrated, angry and impatient. I had also heard they were overbooked. Very unorganized. I eventually stayed elsewhere.

• 28th Jun 2014

I was supposed to check in at 6pm. I was told to come back at 8pm. I did. I was told to come back at 9pm. I did. I then waited over an hour to get my key. Other people who had arrived after me had received their key earlier. Having to wait at the desk and listen to all the complaints I was disappointed I didn't ask for a cheaper rate. I was aware at the end of the hour plus wait that the site I booked from charged a higher rate for something less than what others got.

• 28th Jun 2014

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I am covered in bed bug bites & apart from the fact the first room they gave us was full - our second room was so filthy! The mattress was covered in Mould & blood and the floor was so dirty we wore shoes the entire time. The whole place stunk & the second night we were there they were over booked with people waiting to check in until past 10pm at night.

Probably the worse hostel I've ever been in my entire life. Choose it if you have no other option but everything about it was bad. The rooms are depressing, the staff slow. I wish I never had come to this hostel.

Dirty, horrible bathroom facilities, a male was placed in my female only dorm and the constant sirens and arguments between the homeless met addicts outside the window were not desirable.

This hostel is in a great location, however it is not clean, and there is only 1 sink on 3 floors!! Most of the bathrooms don't have sinks, and some of the showers don't work.

This hostel was a mess! It smells like raw sewage, and is located on the cusp of a bad neighborhood. They are understaffed and there is always a huge line to check in. Be careful because the room you book will not be the one you receive. It's almost first come first serve, they also added a male to our room when we booked all female. Also if you like to wash your hands after you use the washroom your out of luck, no sinks in the toilet closet, oh and check for paper first too....

Bedbugs! My leg was bite by the bedbugs there. I'm regret staying there. The restroom looks ok, not dirty. However, it is in a excellent location. It's close to the amtrak shuttle bus station and cable car station.

• 26th Jun 2014

This was like the worst place I've ever seen in my life. Beds were damn dirty, same as the bathrooms, showers and the floors. The lounge was cold and barely nice furnitured, staff was kind of rude even though always helpful when it came to directions and things to do- but only then. They were totally unorganized, switching room requests impossible, because they didn't even know how many people they were hosting. The area was really bad, right next to the worst district

• 25th Jun 2014

Great location! Right off of Union Square. Very comfortable. I did pay the extra 6$ for the private bath, as I was traveling with my two teenaged daughters~ well worth it. The only downside was that I came into the city with my car.... by the time I paid for parking and the hostel I found out that I could have stayed at hotel /motel for the same price. Still this is a really nice hostel and so convenient! Lovely staff!

• 25th Jun 2014

the staff are not pretty good.

There are no taps on any of the bathroom basins, and the toilet/shower facilities per floor are ridiculously too inadequate. Also, whilst your staff handle complaints very well they need to be better informed about the rooms available - moving from twin private with ensuite to a four person shared without ensuite is NOT an upgrade!

• 24th Jun 2014

The blanket is soooooo thin and small that it's so cold at night even if it's in Summer. Hostel is good for party animals.

• 24th Jun 2014