San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, California, USA

So unorganized. No one has a clue what they're doing. I saw at least 5 people get into arguments after they were told the place was full, EVEN THOUGH, they booked.. They said, "We don't use hostelworld" or "we only allow one reservation online." There are enough lockers for about 5% of the place. False advertising, no free anything, BUT, they didn't take it down. The women who work there constantly talk badly about people (I heard all this when I was using the computer). Many better hostels!

great staff. if you are looking for a hostel this is a great choice.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

The neiborhood in which the hostel stays is full of homeless and crazy people. Didn't feel safe at all walking on those streets. The hostel itself as no soul. It is ok ir you wanna just go there to sleep but if you are looking for hostel environment you won't find it there. It's good that it is close to market street where there are plenty transportations ti get around.

This Hostel is just a 1 Min. walk from the Bart Train Station away, so pretty good located. When i arrived there i had a day with 20 Hours behind me so i just wanted to catch some sleep. The only problem is that there is just one Bathroom one each floor, a second one used to be but they are all under maintanence. No surprise that you have to wait for hours 'til you can use them. Beside that i will definitely stay again, breakfast is plenty and the Hippie-Tour company is strongly recommended.

I only have one objection really: I came in at midnight and they didn't let me check in because I don't have an out of state ID on me, I only had a california ID. So I had to look for other accomodations.

BAD they gave me wrong key. they changed. then they gave me wrong sheets and they changed. there is a one small closet t but it is back of the bank bed impossible to open. room has heavy bleach smell. I took a shower and reliazed that hair dryer they gave is not even compatible with american plugs. They did not even apoligaze they were extremely rude and careless. same they there was a fire and a girls macbook was stolen from lugage room. GOOD location is safe and central cheapest hostel,

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Turkey

All the restroom is broken. Almost all but the location is very strategic

All the shower suck no one have good water flow and the Kitchen very not clean !

• 25th Mar 2014

This place was nice. most staff was so kind. but Asian woman staff and another woman staff who has black skin was not so kind.

Good location, one of the cheaper backpackers but was very dirty and hardly anything in the room. Not enough toilets and showers, they were also dirty

This hostel is generally good, though a bit old. It is convenient to go out for shopping, because there are many shops nearby. It is not expensive and provides all the basics for a traveller.

Only pancakes and coffe for breakfast. Rooms are really simple and without lock inside.

The staff was great, and they actually enforced showing your key to go up the stairs, which made me feel safer. The cafeteria thing at the basement is great, and people are always in there socializing. It has a rugged feel, and didn't smell. Downside... I couldn't find a sink in either bathroom, so had to brush my teeth with the shower. But hey, it's a hostel.

Location is central which is nice, but there are a LOT of homeless people around which can be quite annoying (it's all around the center, it was a real culture shock for me), otherwise it's all okay, not the cleanest place, no lockers, but I'd go back - liked the pancake for breakfast, helpful staff, secure luggage storage room, and well, you get what you pay for and it was one of the cheapest places in SF.

What a great value for money considering the location! Had a bit of a mixup at check-in but other than that, the stay was nice. Wow the showers are HOT, during our stay the cold water didn't work in the showers. The bathrooms/shower rooms were kind of clean, I've definitely seen better. Overall it was a good stay.

I think the location of the hostel is great. And the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. I want to recommend to others. Have a nice trip!!

You can make pancakes whenever you want, use more oil than you think you would need

the only good thing about it is the location. Everything was dirty and most of the bathrooms didn't work. I woke up with bites in my arm, neck and legs. They were cause by bedbugs. When I wanted to talk to the workers about that they just laughed at me. I wanted to talk to the manager but apparently they cound't give me his number. Wifi played up too. What else? Breakfast...no comments. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this hostel in my life.

We are sorry you didn't have a super time here but we aren't in the bed bug business. Unfortunately as the 3rd largest hostel in America sometimes guests accidently bring them in from public transportation, trains, and airlines. We did resolve the issue quite rapidly and hope your travels will be great enough to come back to a lovely city. Cheers!

Very friendly people and convenient location. It is just literally a place for you to sleep and leave your things. Met people from all over the world in one place!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Staffs were really nice and helpful. There are always breads, pancakes, juice and so on for a breakfast and I didn't get any but they also provide free beers. The thing is this hostel is pretty old building so some place are licking from ceiling and toilet is not clean but reasonable price and no complain! Oh and the location is good. It's easy to get anywhere since it's placed near the Powell station. I'll definitely stay there when I visit San Francisco again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6