San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Bathroom was filthy and despite effort to ask staff to clean this took a long time and remained sub-standard. Friendly but ineffective staff and full of rude unsociable teenagers. Breakfast selection poor and that's if you could brave the kitchen where every cupboard appears to be falling off. Appreciate that it is low cost in a good area but this doesn't justifie lack of hygiene and safety.

• 16th Jun 2015

Location is really good!. Only take 3~5 minute from subway. But when i came into the room, smell was really awful!!

On my day of arrival I was told to goto a room which had not be cleaned after the last guest. I was then sent to another room, shortly after a staff member showed up at my door and told me I had to move to another room. The kitchen is closed during lunch, and the washing machines are un-usable to guests most of the day so the staff can wash sheets...I waited until 8:30pm before i could use one on the day before my departure. Baggae storage is NOT sercure at all.

• 12th Jun 2015

loud and hot rooms, no aircon, window only opens a few inches. Rooms are tiny, barely enough space for luggage. WiFi in room is so slow its useless. Highly overpriced, avoid, if somehow possible. Used plasters on floor. Extremely old, toilet seat broken, ...

Staff were rude, hostel was dirty, tiny rooms, smelt dreadful, very disappointed, would not stay here again.

Showers were bad and the slowest wifi I ever saw. Did not even have coverage in the room.

Great Hostel close to everything! Staff are very helpful and nice, and fantastic atmosphere! 10/10

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

WORST HOSTEL IN MY LIFE. DON'T GO THERE. It was so dirty, the only thing that they clean is the bathroom. Don't go in the showers. My sister got some bedbugs in her bed, we wanted to be refund but they have a no refund policy... we know why now! We changed room, but it was smelly and beds were still unconfortable. They offer free breakfast.... but there was a big pot full of 'pancake-mix' and we had to bake them in sticky and gross pans. Worst experience, the health service should go there!!!!!

I had a great time. It's a great hostel .

The location of this hostel is great but the cleanliness ouf! I felt like the common bathroom was never clean and there was no place to put my things away in the room. The bed were so unconfortable but for this price what else can you expect in SF? This hostel is okay but be prepared.

Everything is ok, but what think it's the breakfast, OMG, and the room smells not good. The staff were so good, I like it! So handsome

The bathroom was verry dirty & had a lot mold!

Extremely noise. People running up and down the corridors all throughout the night. The room wasn't clean. Common bathrooms were filthy. Beds were terrible and filthy. Hardly could sleep that night. Would never ever book that place

Ultra Noisy, people screaming 2AM, jumping, terrible for sleeping. thin mattress. Old but confy infrastructure. i don't think I be staying here another time.

• 27th May 2015

The kitchen is closed during luch time (but is well furnished)! The blanket stays the same for every client. And you have only two restrooms per floor (one of them is also used as shower), so you're lucky to find one available... The staff was really nice and the location is good though!

• 24th May 2015

The building interior could use a update. Especially bathroom wall, its moldy and chipped off.

I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff is great, very friendly and accommodating. The common space is very lively at night, full of young people partying, so if you're traveling alone it is easy to meet others. The noise stays pretty contained in the lounge too, so if you'd rather go up to bed, it won't bother you. The rooms were clean and not too full. The showers were what I expected- communal for the most part, but private if you prefer. Id stay here again for sure.

• 22nd May 2015

Upon arrival, the staff were extremely unfriendly and unwilling to help. The bed was disgusting and dirty. It was extremely loud and I couldn't get to sleep until 2am and then I was woken up by extremely loud music again at 9am.

• 20th May 2015

worth every penny. Best in town hostel in the best location.

Not clean, smell in the room, not easy to operate windows. I ordered a room with a badroom but the shower was broken and there was sign on the door not to use it. No towels. Facilities old and disreputable. In comparison with other hostels and money value - not very good. I would probably not recomend this hostel to my friends.

• 18th May 2015