San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2022 Total Reviews

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Lovely rooms, courteous staff, free wifi doesn't work quite as well in rooms but that's the only drawback. They even have free make your own pancake fr breakfast every morning and ther batter is delicious. Free coffee and tea and water station, the whole thing is wonderful. I stayed their for four days for a conference and was VERY impressed. Will come back again.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • China

The staff is there to help you enjoy SF and very kind with the exception of one authoritarian type who appeared only one day The staff is there to help you enjoy SF and very kind with the exception of one authoritarian type who appeared only one day on previous stay. The elevator will teach you patience as it balks at more than two at a time but the stairs are no steeper than expected. Go have a good time and reflect on the state of America’s street population who can not afford even such reaso

Hi there, The hostel is huge. The location is near to everything, but the streets around the hostel are not so well frequented at night. I have been a bit disappointed by the staff. They are good regarding the administrative work, but I felt no friendly talk or greeting as I usually find. therefore it makes it more a Motel than a hostel ... Anyway the price is cheap and location is good so if you're not affraid of homeless and dark, it is still worth going.

The staff is amazing, the location is wonderful, you can meet people all around the world, they give you clear information I would come!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

That was the only "real hostel" i have stayed at in the USA. The only con is the area... So ghetto

My friend and I had a great time staying at SFIH. The staffs were helpful and friendly. Keep up the good work! Blessings...

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

It was cheap and in cluded breakfast and easy to find. The room was a little smelly and the carpet was dirty.

It's an excellent hostel i have ever been! I love the atmosphere in the public area. I stayed there for five nights and i wish I could stay longer!

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were awesome. Place was clean and fun! Will stay again!

Hostel was ok. Good location, friendly staff

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

You should choose this hostel for its location alone. If you are wisiting SF for a casual trip just to see and experience the city (and not spend time at your room) this is a good choice!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Norway

Booked Only One Night, Ended Staying Elsewhere I've never felt more unwelcome than I was at the San Francisco International Hostel. At pre-check in, I was rudely greeted with a condescending list of hostel policies by two eastern looking women. To make things worse, I had mail shipped to the hostel to pick up on arrival. The women told me I couldn't have it until my exact check-in time -basically keeping my mail from me. When I came back, it couldn't be found in the hostels large pile of mail.

Better to change the carpet coz its already worn out, smell so awful esp.in the lift even the room. Staff Asal are really helpful she speak little bit my native dialect. The rest of stay was really good, very close to everything.

In a general way, this hostel is very good. Specially the lobby area where you can interact with another people. The only thing the need to be improved is the bad smell inside the rooms.

• 5th Oct 2014

the receptionist is too bad...rude, arrogant...noisy... the tolilet has some problem.t.tit takes me some time to get it fixed, ..t .then 20 min late leave, they deduct 5 dollar from me...though they said the 5 dollar would only for something broken in the room

Review San Francisco International Hostel My wife and I just spent a little over a week at SFIH and were delighted with it. It is in an old hotel building that has been revamped to serve the backpackers of the world, but we are not in that category, I am retired Prof who has no problem being surrounded with youth and my wife is a retired principal from a Chinese middle school and delights in the whole experience of cooking in their kitchen and feeding staff a bit as well while visiting SF. Go do

Very clean and safe place! I felt very welcome! The free pancakes are awesome!

Everything was great except for some facilities that should be upgraded for instance the wifi which was down a couple of times.

Very safe, clean, friendly people! Highly recommended! Perfect location!

Location was great, hostel was old and lacked bathrooms and excitement

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7