San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Reading the other reviews I found, I was nervous to come- but it was great! Friendly staff, things ran smoothly and it was an awesome location. Things were old but fairly clean.

• 21st Jan 2015

it was pretty cool place and nice it was located well near union square and the staffs are very friendly and kind

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Best price in town! Be sure to bring some earplugs as the streets are quite noisy even by night. I had a good stay!

• 12th Jan 2015

I really like my staying in the hostel, they have great parties, nice environment and the food is good!!! They helped me when I needed assistance! The Hostel is very close to a lot of nice places to visit!!!! I'll definitely stay there next time in SF!!!! There's just one thing that is not so good about the hostel, it's not very clean! Bathrooms were always dirty!!!!!!

Tenderloin. Google: Tenderloin. It's a scary place. Facilities are poor, if existing. No breakfast; you can make your own pancakes, but this means standing in line to make scrambled pancakes because the pans are old and your pancakes will fail. This place is only for those on a tight budget.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed. Other hostels provide towels, you have to buy a towel from this hostel for 4$l. And worst part is, a floor only have 1 Shared bathroom. Other hostels i've been at least had 3 shared bathrooms a floor. Showers are not working, such a lousy place to take a shower. All the knobs are broken. I wont recommend people to stay. Only the best part about this hostel is the location. Very strategic. Close to the tram n busses. Free Breakfast? ITS DO YOUR OWN BREAKFAST.

The shared restrooms are really bad, but the location is good. Don't expect something amazing. Two friends were stolen. Take care about your stuff.

• 6th Jan 2015

love this hostel!

Awesome!! Great location, awesome people!

Nice Hostel !! Be worth :D

You get what you pay for with this hostel is all I'll say.

Second time staying here. The location is the best you can get! It is near everything! The architecture is nuts! You really feel the history of SF.

Some of the staff were extremely helpful and others were unnecessarly rude to the point of regretting my decision to stay here. Location was great but hostel facilities eg. shower pressure / hot water were pretty bad. Hostel has too many rules and regulations. Overall stay is okay but you can defnitely find better accommodation elsewhere :)

Facilities in common space seem to be provided well enough for both short and long stay, but I would rate the "facilities" better if there are more power outlets in each room. The location is perfect and I didn't feel any worries when walking alone even after getting dark. (still, be careful!) Really worth paying for. if I have chance to visit San Francisco next time, I will choose here again.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Japan

The location is great, especially for that traveling without a car, because it is next to the metro, BART, many buses circulate through there, and also have the cable car. Bathrooms are absurdly disgusting, and although the bathroom of some floors be only for men or women, no one respects that. Bath and toilets often clogged. A mess! The atmosphere of the hostel is nevertheless good, promotes interaction at nights with free beer, or that provide movies and popcorn for guests.

• 29th Dec 2014

The hostel is located in the very downtown area and is convenient to get the public transportation to most of the attractions. It only takes about 30 min to the OAK airport by subway. The room is clean and has independent bathroom. The staff here is very nice and will answer all your questions about routes and attractions.

You pay very little so expect nothing. The location is good, the price is low and that is about all that's good about this hostel. There are not enough toilets and showers and the few there are are dirty, broken or malfunctioning. The beds are noisy, and you have to make your own breakfast: every morning you can wait in line to make your own scrambled pancakes. Scrambled because the pans are old and the pancakes will stick. The area is unsafe: Google 'Tenderloin'. So: perfect for low budget.

They can improve the restrooms and bathrooms cleaning them more frequently. And I think the reception should let the costumes know that the cleaning people wil come to the rooms daily cos if not it would take them suprisely like me :O Everything was good deleted price-location- service. And thank you so much for the extra value about the free drinks and pancakes daily and the pizza and beer free on Christmas :)

Excellent location very close to Union Square and Powell BART station. Booked 8-bed female dorm and was upgraded to 4-bed at no extra cost so that's a nice surprise. :) Lights took a bit of figuring out but maybe I'm just not used to the setup.

Not quite, located in day long busy street, many homeless around. A lot of restaurants and shops though. Met many travelers. I didn't,t like some staff. They were not nice nor helpful. I was assigned a different room although my friend room had many vacant beds. They assigned my bed to guy when i was still there. There were no sink and WiFi in my room. Hopefully, I moved to a better hostel 3 blocks away.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5