San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1960 Total Reviews

The hostel is on a very loud street. Good location as far as proximity to stuff, but also many sketchy looking people in the area.

• 12th Sep 2014

I think this hostel it's great when you can not afford a fancy hotel, and besides that I also think for the price you pay your getting a great deal.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Good Hostel with all the required basic amenties and best location at a reasonable price. The staff was very good, courteous and friendly. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again

• 5th Sep 2014
  • India

I feel like this place should have been cheaper for what it was. The location is great & it has a good communal area & kitchen. However I slept really badly as the windows are so thin & there were people outside talking loudly on the street all night. There were only 2 plug sockets in the room down by one bed & the lockers were only on the 1st floor, not in each room. I had to go up 2 floors before I found a sink where I could brush my teeth, but the mostly the showers/toilets were fine.

best hostel i have ever been

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Hungary

You get what you pay for. This hostel to my mind is like 2 star hotel. It is clean enough, but it is definitely run down: ie. Carpets are warn, beds could be more comfortable, the place would benefit from an end of season steam clean and power wash. paint here and there would not hurt. HOWEVER, this hostel is amazingly located, good for under 30 crowd, engaged staff, security conscious (close to Tenderloin). The Day's Inn of hostels...not that bad for what you pay for. Also, is a loud hostel.

Well, I Found myself into a fire in the kitchen because a girl for got the OIL bottle on the grill. No one from the staff even realized that. The kitchen And the pot are old And dirty. The position is ok though.

The receptionists were not very friendly. The room was very old, with few outlets for charging electronic devices. The shower wasn't working. The quality of the bed was terrible.

• 21st Aug 2014

They only had 3 showers per floor. And there weren't a lot of activities to get to know other travellers, like pub crawlings. The rooms were very clean and they had 2 normal plugs and 2 usbs for each bed, which was more than enough.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Excellent staff, happy to help in anyway possible. Early check in not available

Honestly, worst hostel ever.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Chile

So myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights. We were delighted they could upgrade us to a private room. This hostel is very large and lots of people coming and going the lift is a nightmare to get it takes a good while and only 2 at a time with luggage. There is an overall terrible smell of old and damp in the entire hostel. The bathrooms are also a night mare to get into. the kitchen is modern and well equipped but can be dirty at times. Good hostel to stay in if you plan not being ther

• 15th Aug 2014

This hostel is good located in downtown San Fran. Not so nice is the air in the whole building. It just does not move because many rooms does not have windows to the outside, but just to an internal courtyard. If you have the choice I definitely recommend the Orange Village Hostel around the corner.

• 15th Aug 2014

Overall the location is nice! Its two blocks from Union Square although you have to go down the street a ways. The staff were helpful! They see alot of foreigners and travellers so they know their stuff, San Fran hotspots wise. The people they stick you with is a hit or miss, they can't really control that haha, but the common room was really useful! Wifi was spotty but they make do haha. I stayed on the fourth floor and I showered on the third cause they have a brighter bigger common shower room

Honestly, if you can find somewhere better go for it. This is a last resort and I would not recommend it as a first choice. I booked a room with girls, I got a room with boys. It smells bad, the cleaners are good but there is only so much they can do with a run down building. Furniture broken and tatty. Poor facilities and atmosphere.

We noticed there we A LOT of empty beds, and so whenever we had to lengthen our stay they told it it was impossible because the hostel was ful. One of my roommates actually wanted to stay longer as well, and she had to leave. That night 6 out of 8 beds were empty! They didn't even have a good reason for this. Do they wanne loose money or something?!

• 12th Aug 2014

The place is quite old. We stayed for a couple nights and though they did empty the trash bins every day while we were out in the day, we could still see the litter that was under our bed since we checked in till the moment we checked out. The water pressure of the shower was always too weak and we couldnt control the water temperature. But overall, the price was fair and it wasnt like it was filthy to stay for a few nights.

Great location. The place seemed kind of dead when I was there. Could do a better job communicating issues about broken facilities.

It was a great first experience staying in a hostel. I would recommend this location to others! Friendly people everywhere.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel could improve with staff that are trained in customer service that are employed rather volunteers! The bathrooms don't have sinks in...however they do have black slime covered showers that just like the toilets rarely work! If the fire alarm sounds don't ask the lady at reception what you should do because she will just shrug her shoulders and point to the common room (two nights in a row at 12.30am) DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSTEL UNLESS YOU ARE DESPORATE! It's not even cheap.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7