San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2067 Total Reviews

Staff wasn't too helpful and it feels more like a hotel than a hostel because there were just too many rooms and the common area was all the way downstairs at the lobby and first floor. Wi-fi was horrible in the room and the elevator took ages to come or never came at all. Granted it,s an old building but when you're placed at the highest floor, you'll be definitely hating the elevator.

Great stay, just off Union Square so location is great. Bathrooms were usually a bit dirty and had no sinks (they had antibacterial gel dispensers but they were empty) but still a great hostel. Would stay again.

One of the best hostels I stayed at!

Location is best possible, great value for money! Hostel is super safe, I don't care what the street is like! :) The staff is awesome! Lee will take the time to meet you and will remember you name. The PS4 is amazing! Love these people! Free Beer, Free Pizza, Free Pancakes, Free coffee!!! I wish I could stay longer!

I was welcomed with dum dums! Won me over instantly! Nice clean safe place with free beer, free pizza or snack nights! you could play ps4 for free! Make all the pancakes you can eat, free cofee and tea and hot choc. Great value for money! especially in SF

I love the free beer parties and the free pizza night :) Also awesome idea for getting Play Station 4!!! Anyway, see you in two months hopefully!

• 1st Dec 2014

So noisy we couldn't sleep

No sink in my floor!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice stay, great pancakes in the breakfest. Only one complain is that I think that some bed bugs got me.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

nicest hostel ive stayed at yet! :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Pro: Really friendly and helpful staff Cons: People are always smoking in the staircase and because of that it really smells in the common room in the first floor. Wifi was not always working. They have do it yourself pancakes in the morning, but the kitchen is just too small for 100 people trying to make their pancakes

I love this place! Gall you were right! we're coming back!

I like the security, you have to show the key to get in. apple cinnamon pancakes with maple syrup :) chilling on couch on 1st floor free coffee all day *****

I think the beds were not in a good shape. Otherwise the hostel was clean, had a very good location and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I have stayed at many Hostels around the world and a few others in San Francisco ..... I will be coming back .... great place and awesome staff

• 11th Nov 2014

Huge place, very clean, carpet a bit smelly though but altogether you get a lot for little money. comfy mattresses! Beds were a bit squeaky but if you can put up with that for a few days... i would recommend it.

• 7th Nov 2014

It's really an awesome experience. It's my first time in an international hostel and my experience was great. Hostel staffs are very friendly and atmosphere was excellent. They gave excellent facility. Whenever I will be I. San Francisco I will stay in the same hostel.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • India

They hire volunteers. 3 hours a day, free bad. Good place, good luck!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Lovely rooms, courteous staff, free wifi doesn't work quite as well in rooms but that's the only drawback. They even have free make your own pancake fr breakfast every morning and ther batter is delicious. Free coffee and tea and water station, the whole thing is wonderful. I stayed their for four days for a conference and was VERY impressed. Will come back again.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • China

The staff is there to help you enjoy SF and very kind with the exception of one authoritarian type who appeared only one day The staff is there to help you enjoy SF and very kind with the exception of one authoritarian type who appeared only one day on previous stay. The elevator will teach you patience as it balks at more than two at a time but the stairs are no steeper than expected. Go have a good time and reflect on the state of America’s street population who can not afford even such reaso

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5