San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2070 Total Reviews

The location was terrible, the smell too (it smelled wet like if there would be mould all over the place). people checked in the room at 6:30 a.m. (how are we expected to sleep). internet connection in the room was very bad.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Nice and super clean place, good location, is so close to everything. The room size is perfect and the bathroom inside the room was always clean.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Not a lot of infrastructure investment going on in this hostel. The bathrooms and showers are pretty old, the kitchen is cramped around the stoves, the lockers are tiny and too few in number, the elevator is terrifying, and my bunk should have been retired years ago.

Staff wasn't too helpful and it feels more like a hotel than a hostel because there were just too many rooms and the common area was all the way downstairs at the lobby and first floor. Wi-fi was horrible in the room and the elevator took ages to come or never came at all. Granted it,s an old building but when you're placed at the highest floor, you'll be definitely hating the elevator.

Very Dirty!!!!!! The breakfast was ughhhhhh, the kitchen was very dirty too! Bed not comfortable at all

• 13th Dec 2014

Great stay, just off Union Square so location is great. Bathrooms were usually a bit dirty and had no sinks (they had antibacterial gel dispensers but they were empty) but still a great hostel. Would stay again.

One of the best hostels I stayed at!

Location is best possible, great value for money! Hostel is super safe, I don't care what the street is like! :) The staff is awesome! Lee will take the time to meet you and will remember you name. The PS4 is amazing! Love these people! Free Beer, Free Pizza, Free Pancakes, Free coffee!!! I wish I could stay longer!

Cons: The beds are bad – either squeaky or sunken and uncomfortable; bathrooms are old and grimy; tiny, easily-clogged shower; the wifi is slow on the upper levels; the rooms tend to get quite hot unless the windows are open.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was welcomed with dum dums! Won me over instantly! Nice clean safe place with free beer, free pizza or snack nights! you could play ps4 for free! Make all the pancakes you can eat, free cofee and tea and hot choc. Great value for money! especially in SF

I love the free beer parties and the free pizza night :) Also awesome idea for getting Play Station 4!!! Anyway, see you in two months hopefully!

• 1st Dec 2014

So noisy we couldn't sleep

No sink in my floor!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice stay, great pancakes in the breakfest. Only one complain is that I think that some bed bugs got me.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

nicest hostel ive stayed at yet! :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Pro: Really friendly and helpful staff Cons: People are always smoking in the staircase and because of that it really smells in the common room in the first floor. Wifi was not always working. They have do it yourself pancakes in the morning, but the kitchen is just too small for 100 people trying to make their pancakes

I love this place! Gall you were right! we're coming back!

I like the security, you have to show the key to get in. apple cinnamon pancakes with maple syrup :) chilling on couch on 1st floor free coffee all day *****

I think the beds were not in a good shape. Otherwise the hostel was clean, had a very good location and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I have stayed at many Hostels around the world and a few others in San Francisco ..... I will be coming back .... great place and awesome staff

• 11th Nov 2014