San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Old, very old hostel. You can't lock the door, it's broken, nobody cares. Bathrooms are unclean. Sheets are dirty, I have found hair in it. There's no fun, no great facilities. An absolute disgrace. Urgently needs renovation.

No sink in our room for four persons and no sink in the restrooms on our floor. We had no possibility to brush our teeth or wash our hands on our floor. I would not recommand the hostel to my friends

• 24th Jul 2015

rooms very small, many toilets and showers not work and water pressure not strong, common areas great, staff friendly and helpful, not give you a towel

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms small without. lockers. No towels given. Many toilets and showers don´t work properly and showers have poor water pressure. Toilets not have sinks in them to wash hands. Big common areas which is great for using computer, relaxing and meeting others.

I made a mistake with this hostel as I got it confused with the YHA hostel further up Mason St. This hostel is really old run down and dirty . Seriously you guys tidy your act up this is not good enough for Central San Francisco. Go up the road to the YHA hostel and see how a decent hostel should be run. It was bad staying there and would be awful to work there. Very unimpressed.

Horrible costume service! I was suppose to get there at 3pm got there at 6:40pm and still didn't have a clean room, not even the sheets had been change. Had to stay awake waiting for a blanket. Staff wasn't friendly only a Brazilian Guy did what he cloud to help me.

good locations but not so good facilities

The area of the hostel is very unpleasant. Lots of homeless around and very unsecured. The room was not clean. The floor was not swept in ages. The bathroom were smelly.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Israel

This hostel was average at the least. The staff were not horrible but they certainly wernt pleasant either. There was one bathroom for the whole floor and a singular toilet. The toilet which was clogged for well over a day. We have stayed in many hostels in our trip, some even cheaper than this place, and they have not been anywhere near as bad as this place and we are pretty easy too please. The nicest person I met was their cleaner.

The lack of anywhere to secure goods in a room isn't great. Staying on the 4th floor makes the lockers in the 1st useless really. The bathrooms are not kept in the best state. With the exception of two staff they were rather rude and uninterested, To the point where you felt bad asking directions. The breakfast is good however.

Central location, decently clean, pancake breakfast, helpful staff, lots of young people.

Bathrooms dirty (hairs in plug, dust and wall paper peeling off wall) No locks on restroom or out of service No sink in rest room (was told sink in room but was not ,room 404) Area kinda central but was told don't go next block down as it is nick named "crack-town" Staff were friendly enough but a bit more care and maintenance might be in order considering how much they charge.

• 6th Jul 2015

An old place but it's close to a lot of cool things. Kind of grimy but not unclean, just the grossness that comes with such an old building I suppose. It was cheap and comfortable, so all good really.

NO SINK in the bathroom, bad backpackers...

Great time while staying there !

• 30th Jun 2015

Showers were two floors away from the room. Beds consisted of steel bunk beds with a four inch foam mattress on top which was very uncomfortable as you could feel all the bars underneath. The pillows were paper thin. The wifi did not work and the atm wasn't working which was annoying.

Our room was not conncet with the wifi.

The only elevator is very slow. I bet it was made 100 years ago. It wasn't so clean as far as I remember. This hostel is pretty close to the Tenderloin, arguably the most dangerous place in San Fran but it's fairly easy to avoid. I have no idea why I got this information from other tourists rather than the staff in the beginning.

Poor condition of rooms, no sinks in shared bathrooms, but good breakfast, clean, and Location is right in the heart of the city

• 25th Jun 2015

Terrible hostel but fantastic location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7