San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2002 Total Reviews

The staff is amazing, the location is wonderful, you can meet people all around the world, they give you clear information I would come!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

It was cheap and in cluded breakfast and easy to find. The room was a little smelly and the carpet was dirty.

It's an excellent hostel i have ever been! I love the atmosphere in the public area. I stayed there for five nights and i wish I could stay longer!

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were awesome. Place was clean and fun! Will stay again!

You should choose this hostel for its location alone. If you are wisiting SF for a casual trip just to see and experience the city (and not spend time at your room) this is a good choice!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Norway

Booked Only One Night, Ended Staying Elsewhere I've never felt more unwelcome than I was at the San Francisco International Hostel. At pre-check in, I was rudely greeted with a condescending list of hostel policies by two eastern looking women. To make things worse, I had mail shipped to the hostel to pick up on arrival. The women told me I couldn't have it until my exact check-in time -basically keeping my mail from me. When I came back, it couldn't be found in the hostels large pile of mail.

Better to change the carpet coz its already worn out, smell so awful esp.in the lift even the room. Staff Asal are really helpful she speak little bit my native dialect. The rest of stay was really good, very close to everything.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

In a general way, this hostel is very good. Specially the lobby area where you can interact with another people. The only thing the need to be improved is the bad smell inside the rooms.

• 5th Oct 2014

Review San Francisco International Hostel My wife and I just spent a little over a week at SFIH and were delighted with it. It is in an old hotel building that has been revamped to serve the backpackers of the world, but we are not in that category, I am retired Prof who has no problem being surrounded with youth and my wife is a retired principal from a Chinese middle school and delights in the whole experience of cooking in their kitchen and feeding staff a bit as well while visiting SF. Go do

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very clean and safe place! I felt very welcome! The free pancakes are awesome!

Everything was great except for some facilities that should be upgraded for instance the wifi which was down a couple of times.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Very safe, clean, friendly people! Highly recommended! Perfect location!

Location was great, hostel was old and lacked bathrooms and excitement

Great location, friendly staff but found atmosphere closed off. Suited to couples or people travelling in a group. Not suited to solo travellers.

Would have rated the hostel pretty good, if the beds werent so ridiculously terrible. You feel a single metal bar in the middle, because they are already so worn out. Apart from that, statff was super awesome, big common rooms, bathrooms soso. Didnt like that fact that no guests are allowed in common rooms. A little too big of course to have a cosy backpacker atmosphere.

The hostel is on a very loud street. Good location as far as proximity to stuff, but also many sketchy looking people in the area.

• 12th Sep 2014

I think this hostel it's great when you can not afford a fancy hotel, and besides that I also think for the price you pay your getting a great deal.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Good Hostel with all the required basic amenties and best location at a reasonable price. The staff was very good, courteous and friendly. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again

• 5th Sep 2014
  • India

I feel like this place should have been cheaper for what it was. The location is great & it has a good communal area & kitchen. However I slept really badly as the windows are so thin & there were people outside talking loudly on the street all night. There were only 2 plug sockets in the room down by one bed & the lockers were only on the 1st floor, not in each room. I had to go up 2 floors before I found a sink where I could brush my teeth, but the mostly the showers/toilets were fine.

best hostel i have ever been

• 3rd Sep 2014