San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Close this place down

Worst hostel I have EVER stayed at - and trust me, I have stayed at many. I was bitten all over my body the first night I stayed at the hostel by spiders, they changed the sheets and same thing happened again 2nd night. Bites on my face legs and arms. Hostel found the spiders but refused to refund me or cover the cost of my medication and doctors appointments. Staff are ridiculously unhelpful. Worst hostel I have ever been to, made my time in San Francisco really crappy. Don't stay here .

• 1st Nov 2013

Locate in center downtown of San Francisco and very near to Station, easy to travel around

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Vietnam

Excellent! In my next time em SF , ill be there!

Definitely a Party place with free beer everyday . It's a massive hostel with E running the show! Thanks E and not as dirty as people say

• 27th Oct 2013
  • parkerparker4157640

The hostel was wonderful. Great friendly knowledgeable staff. Clean. Safe. Great location. The free internet, coffee and beer were a bonus. I had a wonderful time and would tell anyone to stay here if visiting San Francisco.

• 26th Oct 2013

Great price and location, nice staff, free beer every day, cheap laundry and cooking yourself a pancake for the breakfast. What else are you going to need?

Free beer every night? Best idea for a hostel ever!

• 25th Oct 2013

Free bar impressed me most. A good place for making new friends!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • China

I had an excellant time because of your staff's kindness. Thanks again to your wonderful staff. Very kind and very friendly !! I wanted to give some tips to them. But, I did not have changes. I felt very sorry about that. Thanks, thanks!!

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • South Korea

My stay at the SFIH was very nice. The staff was very helpful in explaining all the services available at the hostel. Enjoyed the free beer night parties every night. Took a city tour with Eric. He knew the city very well and even though we were faced with lots of fog he still carried out the tour with joy. Billy and the crew was very informative of the city and I never had to guess where to go. If I got bored I came downstairs and socialized with the other guests. I liked the security very much

i checked the reviews from others be4 i stay here,then i kind of worried about the bed bugs,but it seems alright for me...although thereˊs a man compained about the bedbugs,but they asked the man wash all the sheets and clothes for free and sprayed the medical stuff around the bed to kill the bedbugs...and its not that filthy,i stayed 6 days,and i saw they cleaned the kitchen and commom area everyday...the staffs are nice,but the only thing im not happy is the shower water is not hot enough...

Good place to walk around. It is in the middle of downtown so I can easily go shipping during the trip.

Free pancakes, free beer, ultra-friendly staff. Room is pretty basic, but the location is in the heart of downtown and extremely convenient. Pretty big kitchen, decent lounge areas. Easy to meet people here.

Best hostel in San Fran.

EJ was great!! The Hostel was great fun to stay at, the location is perfect, they have great inhouse parties and the staff is super nice. Perfect choice for a long weekend in SF!

Stayed on 6th floor. Beds were bad, toilets/showers were even worse. But the free beer was nice!

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Free beer at the basement everyday, a cool common room with pool table and computers. Staff is nice and rooms clean. The localization is amazing, really close to stores, main points of interest, clubs... The carpet smells a little and the elevator is a little scary, but was not a big problem!

• 10th Oct 2013

F*** this hostel. Overbooked and lost my reservation? Pfff!

Great hostel to stay at. You can make your own pancakes all morning, day, night. Free beer every night to. Good location and staff.

View all San Francisco Hostels