San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2043 Total Reviews

does exactly what it says on the tin. cheap rooms, free beer every night. a PARTY hostel. the best thing about the hostel is the location to the city. if you are looking for free parking and a party vibe and only want a bed and don't mind the cleanliness........ here's your place!!!!

This hostel is near all type transportation, but near by the tenderloin. So when you got out turn on right but not on the left !!!! The wifi is ONLY in the dinning room, and also the launch where it's hard to find a seat !!!! Nothing the bedroom !!! Free bear Party was so very nice, dancing playing !!!!

Great location, 24hr reception, free wifi, free beer, good price. Would definitely stay again. Highly recommended. Only minor complaint would be lockers available for everyone. Currently first-come-first-serve on 1st floor only.

The location is very central however there are a significant amount of homeless people on the streets outside which makes you feel unsafe. The room was filthy and was not cleaned during my two night stay. The lady with glasses on reception was EXTREMELY rude and unhelpful. Would not go back here again regardless of how cheap it is.

• 6th Feb 2014

Fix the bathrooms

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Just stayed a night can't say anything bad about it

• 2nd Feb 2014

The best place to be if you're in for some fun. The free beer every night makes it easy to get to know other people, I can recommend the tours the hostel offers as well, the are the cheapest you will find! (And the best)

• 1st Feb 2014

The asian girl working on the Jan 26th morning shift, should better change her job. Working with customer is definitely not for her. I'm always amazed when people working in service industry are arrogant or have a challenging attitude to their customers!

Not enough washers/dryers for everybody needed a full night to do laundry.

• 25th Jan 2014

We only stayed at SF International Hostel for one night, but it was just what we were looking for! The hostel is quite basic, but very good value for money and in a great location in the centre of SF. We visit the city fairly regularly and we'll be staying at SF International Hostel again. We didn't get a chance to sample the free beer this time around, but maybe next time!

Very nice hostel with great people

I had a really good time here. I only spent one night and wish it would have been more. The staff is really nice and helpful. The free beer party is genius, since its easier to get in touch with other travelers. The location is good as a starting-point to explore San Francisco's landmarks. I enjoyed my stay.

• 14th Jan 2014

I really like the location of the hostel, it's so close to the BART station, and the downtown shopping district. There's also the cable car station just one street away from the hostel. I also appreciate the water dispenser in the kitchen, first time I see this in a hostel, it's really convenient and I do not have to fill my bottle from the tap. I can get hot water any time without boiling as well.

No free breakfast, just free pancake mix. The girls dormitory was dirty and the bathroom full of mold . But girls at reception were really kind.

• 7th Jan 2014

The facilities are rather old. It's ok, but the lack of mirrors really bothered me

I liked to stay there. The people works there is very enthusiastic, there is free beer every night and we can meet nice people from another countries and have fun without to leave the Hostel.

• 29th Dec 2013

A great place. Just please specify what we can have for the free breakfast.

Everything super, even got to borrow a hairdryer, friendly staff who gave me lotsa tips and a free city map :)

I had an amazing time in San Fran,the hostel has a great location and the free pancakes all day round and free beer in the evening are great. The only thing I found annoying was the state of the kitchen and the lack of plates. But it was good value for the money and definetly worth it!

I spent on $20 for a night, this is the cheapest place I stay. We lived in a 4 bedroom in suite, which has a bathroom. I stayed at other hostels in LA and San Diego where I spend ~$30 per night, but none of them has it own bathroom. And it is very close to the union square, China town and the Cable Car Stops. Although there are not enough lockers, I find it is safe to put things in the bedroom and the kitchen for storage. All in all, it is an excellent place for students.

View all San Francisco Hostels