San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

2048 Total Reviews

In a general way, this hostel is very good. Specially the lobby area where you can interact with another people. The only thing the need to be improved is the bad smell inside the rooms.

• 5th Oct 2014

the receptionist is too bad...rude, arrogant...noisy... the tolilet has some problem.t.tit takes me some time to get it fixed, ..t .then 20 min late leave, they deduct 5 dollar from me...though they said the 5 dollar would only for something broken in the room

Review San Francisco International Hostel My wife and I just spent a little over a week at SFIH and were delighted with it. It is in an old hotel building that has been revamped to serve the backpackers of the world, but we are not in that category, I am retired Prof who has no problem being surrounded with youth and my wife is a retired principal from a Chinese middle school and delights in the whole experience of cooking in their kitchen and feeding staff a bit as well while visiting SF. Go do

Very clean and safe place! I felt very welcome! The free pancakes are awesome!

Everything was great except for some facilities that should be upgraded for instance the wifi which was down a couple of times.

Very safe, clean, friendly people! Highly recommended! Perfect location!

Location was great, hostel was old and lacked bathrooms and excitement

Great location, friendly staff but found atmosphere closed off. Suited to couples or people travelling in a group. Not suited to solo travellers.

Would have rated the hostel pretty good, if the beds werent so ridiculously terrible. You feel a single metal bar in the middle, because they are already so worn out. Apart from that, statff was super awesome, big common rooms, bathrooms soso. Didnt like that fact that no guests are allowed in common rooms. A little too big of course to have a cosy backpacker atmosphere.

The hostel is on a very loud street. Good location as far as proximity to stuff, but also many sketchy looking people in the area.

• 12th Sep 2014

I think this hostel it's great when you can not afford a fancy hotel, and besides that I also think for the price you pay your getting a great deal.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Good Hostel with all the required basic amenties and best location at a reasonable price. The staff was very good, courteous and friendly. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again

• 5th Sep 2014
  • India

I feel like this place should have been cheaper for what it was. The location is great & it has a good communal area & kitchen. However I slept really badly as the windows are so thin & there were people outside talking loudly on the street all night. There were only 2 plug sockets in the room down by one bed & the lockers were only on the 1st floor, not in each room. I had to go up 2 floors before I found a sink where I could brush my teeth, but the mostly the showers/toilets were fine.

best hostel i have ever been

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Hungary

You get what you pay for. This hostel to my mind is like 2 star hotel. It is clean enough, but it is definitely run down: ie. Carpets are warn, beds could be more comfortable, the place would benefit from an end of season steam clean and power wash. paint here and there would not hurt. HOWEVER, this hostel is amazingly located, good for under 30 crowd, engaged staff, security conscious (close to Tenderloin). The Day's Inn of hostels...not that bad for what you pay for. Also, is a loud hostel.

Well, I Found myself into a fire in the kitchen because a girl for got the OIL bottle on the grill. No one from the staff even realized that. The kitchen And the pot are old And dirty. The position is ok though.

The receptionists were not very friendly. The room was very old, with few outlets for charging electronic devices. The shower wasn't working. The quality of the bed was terrible.

• 21st Aug 2014

The room that I was assigned smelt AWFUL! My room was next to the toilet room and I couldn't bare it. Customer service was mediocre, couldn't complain. The location was great because it's right next to the BART station, however, during night time was creepy because there were harmless homeless lingering around. It was uncomfortable for me to walk around alone at night. The shower room just needs to be cleaned regularly.

Good location great for meeting people. Pancakes for brekki are always fun :) Clean facilities and alright wifi. Staff were very helpful even let me use their own mobile as I didn't have global roaming..would definitely stay there again.

They only had 3 showers per floor. And there weren't a lot of activities to get to know other travellers, like pub crawlings. The rooms were very clean and they had 2 normal plugs and 2 usbs for each bed, which was more than enough.

• 20th Aug 2014