San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

This is the worst Hostel I have ever stayed at there was hardly any place to shower. It was like one of the old hotels downtown. Staff was excellent and diverse. I hope they clean it up.

Although the hostel was a little expensive, I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff were very friendly and the location was great!

• 21st Feb 2015

Perfect location for backpackers and young travelers. All kinds of public transportations are a walk away. Food court, drug store and all the fast food chains are also located pretty close to hostel. Ppl seemed cool and nice, they mingle well. Staffs were okay. Rooms are as always it depends on who you are sharing with, well probably not too bad, coffee and pancake is provided in the morning they were edible enough. Anyways for that price and location, I can't complain.

Great hostel for cheap price! Location was perfect right near union square, cable car, shops. Toilets/showers weren't the best, but for the price I'd still recommend! Staff we're helpful.

There was a used condom and dirty pair of boxer shorts left under the bed. When I told the brown-haired, bespectacled young white man working the front desk, he said "...Okay." And went back to his business.

• 20th Feb 2015

Cheap and Cheerful! Close to everything - public transport, supermarkets and shopping centres. Staff were all lovely and more than happy to give directions to noteworthy attractions. Common area - Awesome! Free beer and activities on some days makes it easy to meet people if you are travelling on your own.

Well, what can I say. It was the worst experience I ever had. disgusting rooms and bathrooms. Roommate showed up at 3 Am. Made so much noise as if she was moving in a house. Kept the door open for a very long time with the light bright on my face. No towels provided had to pay for small piece of cloth. I will never stay again and I do not recommend that place. in the morning your clothes will smell like pancakes even if you are in the second floor. You can't walk into a meeting with smelly.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Afghanistan

Its in a dodgy location but walking distance from the central area.

It was ok,

We had an amazing time over there, the staff was super friendly and very helpful, the room was clean with enough space for luggages, perfect location. I´d definitely recommend that!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

A bit run down place but very friendly staff.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Chill ppl

• 13th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is in an excellent location. The staff were very welcoming upon arrival. Some friends and I had a 4 bed dorm with an en suite and for the price we paid it, again, was excellent. If we return to San Francisco we will definitely use this hostel again.

• 13th Feb 2015

All in all very good hostel. On some evenings even free beer. Pool was very good as was the staff. The restrooms could be nicer and more clean. Too many male dorms. Should be more mixed dorms

i like the attitude of the people they are always ready to answer question whatever it is i surely be back here next time around

needs tlc but love you guys!

Horrible! My room does not have a window, or a traditional window per se. There is a fake window facing impluvium. And here came the worst part: when you open the window, what you saw are used condoms, lady's bras, underwear (with blood and unknown stains...), used water bottles and so on. Every where....! You feel the breeze comes from all these garbage, or you choose to close windows to endure horrible air in a closed room. So, think about it~

What you pay and what you get is a good deal!

• 21st Jan 2015

Reading the other reviews I found, I was nervous to come- but it was great! Friendly staff, things ran smoothly and it was an awesome location. Things were old but fairly clean.

• 21st Jan 2015

it was pretty cool place and nice it was located well near union square and the staffs are very friendly and kind

• 16th Jan 2015