San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Location is central which is nice, but there are a LOT of homeless people around which can be quite annoying (it's all around the center, it was a real culture shock for me), otherwise it's all okay, not the cleanest place, no lockers, but I'd go back - liked the pancake for breakfast, helpful staff, secure luggage storage room, and well, you get what you pay for and it was one of the cheapest places in SF.

What a great value for money considering the location! Had a bit of a mixup at check-in but other than that, the stay was nice. Wow the showers are HOT, during our stay the cold water didn't work in the showers. The bathrooms/shower rooms were kind of clean, I've definitely seen better. Overall it was a good stay.

I think the location of the hostel is great. And the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. I want to recommend to others. Have a nice trip!!

You can make pancakes whenever you want, use more oil than you think you would need

the only good thing about it is the location. Everything was dirty and most of the bathrooms didn't work. I woke up with bites in my arm, neck and legs. They were cause by bedbugs. When I wanted to talk to the workers about that they just laughed at me. I wanted to talk to the manager but apparently they cound't give me his number. Wifi played up too. What else? Breakfast...no comments. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this hostel in my life.

We are sorry you didn't have a super time here but we aren't in the bed bug business. Unfortunately as the 3rd largest hostel in America sometimes guests accidently bring them in from public transportation, trains, and airlines. We did resolve the issue quite rapidly and hope your travels will be great enough to come back to a lovely city. Cheers!

Very friendly people and convenient location. It is just literally a place for you to sleep and leave your things. Met people from all over the world in one place!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Staffs were really nice and helpful. There are always breads, pancakes, juice and so on for a breakfast and I didn't get any but they also provide free beers. The thing is this hostel is pretty old building so some place are licking from ceiling and toilet is not clean but reasonable price and no complain! Oh and the location is good. It's easy to get anywhere since it's placed near the Powell station. I'll definitely stay there when I visit San Francisco again.

it was really nice staying there. location was execellent, i could see the cable car right across the hostel The subway station was near the hostel that really helped me find many tour places easily. Staffs were also very kind and specially the korean staff really helped us a lot. thank you all.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good hostel with a perfect location in the center of San Francisco. Nice and helpful staff and great launch!

• 6th Mar 2014

Nice stay, friendly staff. Initially I would stay at the hostel for 4 nights but I decided to extend it for another night.

There are lockers available on the first floor. Free wifi (which generally works) and free pancakes 24/7. The staff are helpful too. This is not a party hostel as some other reviews misleadingly say. However, if you want to party, the space on the ground floor is available. I met some good people here, don't o on he trips the hostel offers. You can do it cheaper yourself (and you won't have to listen tothe drivers view on EvErYThInG)...

We do thank you for staying at the lowest priced and best located hostel in the city! Cheers!

The shower in my room did't work properly.

Valet Parking Price in your Information section is not up to date!

When I arrived(10am) in the hostel I could check in straight away, which was great. Room wasn't cleaned yet ofcourse, but when I came back around 2pm and still saw someone's nail clippings I told the reception. No one showed up in the end and around 6pm the night shift reception cleaned it for me. Kitchen is well equipped, big dining area. Location is excellent! One lady at the reception didn't stop trying to sell me the daytrip after I already said 3 times that I wasn't interested!

the staff was nice& very helpful but my room had quite an unpleasant smell, cleanliness of bathrooms is average, there are not enough lockers for everyone even if the hostel was not full. Central location, make ur own pancakes in the morning, free tea, coffee, water.

the bed was always squeaking when I moved, so the whole room couldn't sleep the whole night. There was an alarm every night and finally also a firealarm. we were scared!

I spent a night there and I had no problems at all and enjoyed my stay =D

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

does exactly what it says on the tin. cheap rooms, free beer every night. a PARTY hostel. the best thing about the hostel is the location to the city. if you are looking for free parking and a party vibe and only want a bed and don't mind the cleanliness........ here's your place!!!!

This hostel is near all type transportation, but near by the tenderloin. So when you got out turn on right but not on the left !!!! The wifi is ONLY in the dinning room, and also the launch where it's hard to find a seat !!!! Nothing the bedroom !!! Free bear Party was so very nice, dancing playing !!!!

Great location, 24hr reception, free wifi, free beer, good price. Would definitely stay again. Highly recommended. Only minor complaint would be lockers available for everyone. Currently first-come-first-serve on 1st floor only.

View all San Francisco Hostels