San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, California, USA

Nice stay, friendly staff. Initially I would stay at the hostel for 4 nights but I decided to extend it for another night.

There are lockers available on the first floor. Free wifi (which generally works) and free pancakes 24/7. The staff are helpful too. This is not a party hostel as some other reviews misleadingly say. However, if you want to party, the space on the ground floor is available. I met some good people here, don't o on he trips the hostel offers. You can do it cheaper yourself (and you won't have to listen tothe drivers view on EvErYThInG)...

We do thank you for staying at the lowest priced and best located hostel in the city! Cheers!

The shower in my room did't work properly.

Valet Parking Price in your Information section is not up to date!

When I arrived(10am) in the hostel I could check in straight away, which was great. Room wasn't cleaned yet ofcourse, but when I came back around 2pm and still saw someone's nail clippings I told the reception. No one showed up in the end and around 6pm the night shift reception cleaned it for me. Kitchen is well equipped, big dining area. Location is excellent! One lady at the reception didn't stop trying to sell me the daytrip after I already said 3 times that I wasn't interested!

the staff was nice& very helpful but my room had quite an unpleasant smell, cleanliness of bathrooms is average, there are not enough lockers for everyone even if the hostel was not full. Central location, make ur own pancakes in the morning, free tea, coffee, water.

the bed was always squeaking when I moved, so the whole room couldn't sleep the whole night. There was an alarm every night and finally also a firealarm. we were scared!

I spent a night there and I had no problems at all and enjoyed my stay =D

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

does exactly what it says on the tin. cheap rooms, free beer every night. a PARTY hostel. the best thing about the hostel is the location to the city. if you are looking for free parking and a party vibe and only want a bed and don't mind the cleanliness........ here's your place!!!!

This hostel is near all type transportation, but near by the tenderloin. So when you got out turn on right but not on the left !!!! The wifi is ONLY in the dinning room, and also the launch where it's hard to find a seat !!!! Nothing the bedroom !!! Free bear Party was so very nice, dancing playing !!!!

Great location, 24hr reception, free wifi, free beer, good price. Would definitely stay again. Highly recommended. Only minor complaint would be lockers available for everyone. Currently first-come-first-serve on 1st floor only.

The location is very central however there are a significant amount of homeless people on the streets outside which makes you feel unsafe. The room was filthy and was not cleaned during my two night stay. The lady with glasses on reception was EXTREMELY rude and unhelpful. Would not go back here again regardless of how cheap it is.

• 6th Feb 2014

Fix the bathrooms

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Just stayed a night can't say anything bad about it

• 2nd Feb 2014

The best place to be if you're in for some fun. The free beer every night makes it easy to get to know other people, I can recommend the tours the hostel offers as well, the are the cheapest you will find! (And the best)

• 1st Feb 2014

The asian girl working on the Jan 26th morning shift, should better change her job. Working with customer is definitely not for her. I'm always amazed when people working in service industry are arrogant or have a challenging attitude to their customers!

Not enough washers/dryers for everybody needed a full night to do laundry.

• 25th Jan 2014

We only stayed at SF International Hostel for one night, but it was just what we were looking for! The hostel is quite basic, but very good value for money and in a great location in the centre of SF. We visit the city fairly regularly and we'll be staying at SF International Hostel again. We didn't get a chance to sample the free beer this time around, but maybe next time!

Very nice hostel with great people

I had a really good time here. I only spent one night and wish it would have been more. The staff is really nice and helpful. The free beer party is genius, since its easier to get in touch with other travelers. The location is good as a starting-point to explore San Francisco's landmarks. I enjoyed my stay.

• 14th Jan 2014