San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Very Dirty!!!!!! The breakfast was ughhhhhh, the kitchen was very dirty too! Bed not comfortable at all

• 13th Dec 2014

i had a wonderful stay in ur hostel

• 12th Dec 2014
  • India

Great stay, just off Union Square so location is great. Bathrooms were usually a bit dirty and had no sinks (they had antibacterial gel dispensers but they were empty) but still a great hostel. Would stay again.

Everything was great and will definitely will be back Terry

One of the best hostels I stayed at!

The staff are very kind and the location is good.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • China

amazing staff so helpful with maps and recommendations. really knowledgeable. free beer. gross hair in showers. free food. great breakfast. very secure. great location.

Cons: The beds are bad – either squeaky or sunken and uncomfortable; bathrooms are old and grimy; tiny, easily-clogged shower; the wifi is slow on the upper levels; the rooms tend to get quite hot unless the windows are open.

Stayed some days at this hostel, I thought it was not so nice based on the average rate and reviews, anyway it happened to be a really good deal, it's very good located, staff was nice, they even had some free beer nights, room was only for 4 people, etc. I enjoyed my stay here and definitely recommend anyone, it is a nice place to stay in SF and also cheaper than any other.

So noisy we couldn't sleep

No sink in my floor!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice stay, great pancakes in the breakfest. Only one complain is that I think that some bed bugs got me.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

nicest hostel ive stayed at yet! :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Pro: Really friendly and helpful staff Cons: People are always smoking in the staircase and because of that it really smells in the common room in the first floor. Wifi was not always working. They have do it yourself pancakes in the morning, but the kitchen is just too small for 100 people trying to make their pancakes

I think the beds were not in a good shape. Otherwise the hostel was clean, had a very good location and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I have stayed at many Hostels around the world and a few others in San Francisco ..... I will be coming back .... great place and awesome staff

• 11th Nov 2014

Huge place, very clean, carpet a bit smelly though but altogether you get a lot for little money. comfy mattresses! Beds were a bit squeaky but if you can put up with that for a few days... i would recommend it.

• 7th Nov 2014

It's really an awesome experience. It's my first time in an international hostel and my experience was great. Hostel staffs are very friendly and atmosphere was excellent. They gave excellent facility. Whenever I will be I. San Francisco I will stay in the same hostel.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • India

They hire volunteers. 3 hours a day, free bad. Good place, good luck!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Lovely rooms, courteous staff, free wifi doesn't work quite as well in rooms but that's the only drawback. They even have free make your own pancake fr breakfast every morning and ther batter is delicious. Free coffee and tea and water station, the whole thing is wonderful. I stayed their for four days for a conference and was VERY impressed. Will come back again.

• 26th Oct 2014