San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1978 Total Reviews

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The bath tub in my room was really dirty, and even when I wanted to take a shower really bad, I was reconsidering after seeing it. It was disgusting. Wifi almost never worked. The 2 PC there were super slow and the internet there also wasnt working. When I approached the staff about it, they just said, that many people are probably online and that's why it was slow... but come on, we're in 2014...

The bathrooms is always so diry and don't have many sinks. Just to brush my teth I needed go dawnstairs all the time

• 14th Jun 2014

Staff were a little slow.. but location is amazing. Prices fluctuate, so depending on when you book, you'll be paying +/- $5 or so.

One of the worst hostel I stayed so far, the only good thing is the location and free Wifi. The staffs were rude, not friendly, no security. No working shower, no working sink and very poorly maintained rooms and bathrooms.

Was really unimpressed with this hostel and so were a number of people I met there. Luckily I only had to stay one night. I ordered an ensuite, and then the bathroom was screwed shut in my room. The bathroom on the floor did not have a basin to wash your hands after going to the toilet!! Half the showers hot and cold taps were broken. It was freezing the first night in my room, luckily i got a blanket - others weren't so lucky. Staff were most unhelpful and rude - very uninterested in helping!

I stayed on the 2nd floor - there was only one bathroom with shower for all the rooms at the 2nd floor - perhaps 40 - 50 people. This was very, very inconvenient. I was promised there should be a washing machine at the Hostel, but there was no washing machine. It was very, very inconvenient to me I could not wash .The internet connection was very slow and often broke down - this was very, very inconvenient. I was denied paying with two different banking cards, and forced to pay cash.

We were a couple that stayed in a deluxe room. Great location, good price. Would visit again.

Good location right in the centre of town, near union square and Powell station. Friendly staff, decent facilities. Free wifi and good common area. Lots is stairs though.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Have Towels and toiletries like other locations

• 1st Jun 2014

Cold and a little bit smelly. And there is no water pressure.

I have been traveling around the US for a couple of months and this is not one of the best places I haved stayed. Not at all. Even though it has a great location is not clean and the beds are terrible! They seem to be very very used. If you don`t have a place to stay you could stay here but if you can choose something else I would recomend to do that. Its a very cool place to meet people if you are traveling by yourself.

The customer service there is lacking. They have no sense of urgency even if there is a line and then act annoyed if you have any questions. There was four people behind the counter and there was a line of people, no one even acknowledged we were standing there for at least five minutes, they were discussing the bus tours...NOT important when you have a line. They need to learn about priorities when it comes to CS. Also the bathrooms can be pretty bad which isn't all their fault.

I was so bad treated by one of the staff (she is there in the morning, wear glasses, dark hair) that I dont want to come back to this hostel never more in my life!! Bathroom was disgusting. They dont offer towels and they say they have breakfast, at least coffee or tea, but I was there for 2 days, went on the time for breakfast and it was nothing there! Only thing that I liked there:a girl with braids (She was really helpful)

The blankets don't get washed between guests, the mattresses and pillows were stained. The bathroom was clogged and the walls were extremely moldy.

• 26th May 2014
  • Colombia

I have visited this hostel 2 year ago and this last time I was disappointed about it. They used to offer breakfast but they do not anymore. I asked for a towel and they did not have any, neither for rent. The bed sheets were kind of rip. The wifi was very slow and the intener on one of the common computer was not working. The facilities are ok. The hostel is very well located and the price is ok because of it.

This place was terrible. I made my reservation weeks in advance, but when I got there they told me they were overbooked and sent me away. They had both my email address and my cell phone number and yet they never once tried to contact me to let me know that a glitch had occurred and there would not be space for me. I had even called earlier in the day to confirm! The girl behind the desk was rude and unhelpful and while I was refunded the cost of the bed, my booking fee was not refunded

• 23rd May 2014

two toilets and one shower per floor, there are probably over 60 people on each floor,

• 23rd May 2014

They NO LONGER offer Valet Service, you'll have to find your own parking spot somewhere in the garage on EDDY st. and JONES st. for $25 a day.

The dirtiest place I've ever stayed. Staff were so unhelpful, and seemed to think that any issue wasn't their problem. This place isn't even cheap enough to make it acceptable as a dive.

Not bad....best part of this place is the Amazing central location to everything and great transit Very close. Sketch neighborhood right close by, but not a big deal if in a group or in not too late. Security is low..beds are average..had a strange smell in hostel, but not terrible. Staff is average..not very involved.

View all San Francisco Hostels