San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1946 Total Reviews

The customer service there is lacking. They have no sense of urgency even if there is a line and then act annoyed if you have any questions. There was four people behind the counter and there was a line of people, no one even acknowledged we were standing there for at least five minutes, they were discussing the bus tours...NOT important when you have a line. They need to learn about priorities when it comes to CS. Also the bathrooms can be pretty bad which isn't all their fault.

I was so bad treated by one of the staff (she is there in the morning, wear glasses, dark hair) that I dont want to come back to this hostel never more in my life!! Bathroom was disgusting. They dont offer towels and they say they have breakfast, at least coffee or tea, but I was there for 2 days, went on the time for breakfast and it was nothing there! Only thing that I liked there:a girl with braids (She was really helpful)

The blankets don't get washed between guests, the mattresses and pillows were stained. The bathroom was clogged and the walls were extremely moldy.

• 26th May 2014
  • Colombia

I have visited this hostel 2 year ago and this last time I was disappointed about it. They used to offer breakfast but they do not anymore. I asked for a towel and they did not have any, neither for rent. The bed sheets were kind of rip. The wifi was very slow and the intener on one of the common computer was not working. The facilities are ok. The hostel is very well located and the price is ok because of it.

This place was terrible. I made my reservation weeks in advance, but when I got there they told me they were overbooked and sent me away. They had both my email address and my cell phone number and yet they never once tried to contact me to let me know that a glitch had occurred and there would not be space for me. I had even called earlier in the day to confirm! The girl behind the desk was rude and unhelpful and while I was refunded the cost of the bed, my booking fee was not refunded

• 23rd May 2014

two toilets and one shower per floor, there are probably over 60 people on each floor,

• 23rd May 2014

They NO LONGER offer Valet Service, you'll have to find your own parking spot somewhere in the garage on EDDY st. and JONES st. for $25 a day.

The dirtiest place I've ever stayed. Staff were so unhelpful, and seemed to think that any issue wasn't their problem. This place isn't even cheap enough to make it acceptable as a dive.

Not bad....best part of this place is the Amazing central location to everything and great transit Very close. Sketch neighborhood right close by, but not a big deal if in a group or in not too late. Security is low..beds are average..had a strange smell in hostel, but not terrible. Staff is average..not very involved.

No A/C, NO TOWELS (would've been nice to know this in advance), not enough restrooms/shower facilities and there was puke and mold in them, no more free beer even though they still advertise it on their website, and the whole place reeked of pot at night. There was only two outlets in the room for 4 people and they weren't the three pronged outlets so you can't charge your laptop. Rooms are WAY too small for 4 people.

• 21st May 2014

Beautiful location, brilliant atmosphere, and very friendly staff.

Close to the public transportation and easy to travel to/from the airport. Acceptable facilities but no washing machine here. Staffs are mostly friendly and helpful. One or two, maybe the supervisor are bit moody and sour face all the time. Overall this place is not too bad at all.

You get what you pay for. The place smelled liked an industrial cleaning agent. The owners seems to spare every possible expense on any type of amenity. The atmosphere was dingy, dark, and grungy I did not feel comfortable here. The kitchen was a mess and there seem to be very little organization. I would avoid this place if possible.

Restrooms and Shower were dirty.

• 17th May 2014

The strengths of this hostel were the price and location. The clientele at this time of year were quiet and responsible. I have no complaints there. The weaknesses were: uncomfortable bed, awful street noise at 4am, no sinks in the washrooms, insufficient lockers for the number of guests, and no laundry facilities (even though laundry was an advertised feature). The lack of lockers is the main reason I have rated security lower.

• 17th May 2014

I ask info about parking in the street or somewhere else how it works with the meters and all they would answer is that they have a valet parking. They would give any tip on which street you could park they just want you to pay the big price for their valet parking. They gave me the wrong key for my room and once I get in the room the girls in there told me I have to ASK for the sheets.No activities is going on at the hostel and no parties...at midnight= no more of your cellphone music...

The only bad thing was no water pressure in the shower, other than that it was awesome.

• 16th May 2014

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. There was a sink in the room and communal toilets and showers which weren't so bad. Didnt have much atmosphere, and was disappointed they no longer had free beer and no free breakfast. Only tea and coffee. But was in a great location near union square. As other reviews say, there are a lot of homeless people in this area, but that's just way it is in many downtown areas in America. It was just hard sharing two power outlets with 3 other girls, so bring a powerboard.

• 15th May 2014

Staff was sometimes helpful. The beds were terrible and there was puke in two bath tubs.

• 15th May 2014
  • Serbia

Really bad and poor service, disgusting bathrooms with a really dirty/old shower curtains and no room to keep your clothes or stuff and the kitchen is really grassy. when I arrived at 22:00 after 2 days don't stop, they just say me, oh so sorry but we don't have a room for you, you booked it but We don't care, you are screw up in a busy Saturday night in SF, but we so sorry!! WTF!! I'm really disappointment with the service received

• 14th May 2014