San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, California, USA

I've gotta say, some of the TERRIBLE reviews are unfair. The staff are pleasant and organised, free beer by enthusiastic Benjamin was great (plus beer pong- get stuck in, you don't have to be good, it breaks down walls!!!) Location is great. Just tell the homeless people you have no change, there are homeless people all over the world not just in this area! Ask for directions to Target on first day- 10 min walk but cheap food/groceries and better than ramen/ pancakes! GOOD hostel!

• 12th Nov 2013

it was kind of noisy in midnight but for that value, I was satisfied.

This was my first hostel experience and I was impressed. The location was awesome, just a short walk from public transit, shopping, restaurants, etc. I will defiantly stay there if I find myself in San Francisco again!

• 8th Nov 2013

really awesome, just it would be great if more lockers were allocated. in general very very good.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

We had a great time at the San Francisco International Hostel! The accommodations were nice (nothing crazy/out of the ordinary) and the free beer was awesome!!!!!!

Well, I would recommend this hostel to young people, who wants to party, meet with other travellers etc. The main ´Advantage' could be free evening's beer for everyone, but if you are rather in peaceful environment and dont want to use this, you may like another place more. Rooms were ok, toilets as well, showers had problems with hot water sometimes. Free breakfast was nice, too. 4/5 overall. Thanks for stay anyway.

Good hostel. But the parkin lot is not $15. It's $20.

I had a great time in the SF International Hostel, great atmosphere and great people, made a lot of friends.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Colombia

very friendly staff, awesome location, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 3rd Nov 2013

The 2 best things of the hostel where its location and its price. It is in the center of SF and in the last safe block before Tenderloin (don't go there). We needed a place to sleep and it was perfect. Free beer every night which makes every night a party and may be overwhelming after some days but the hostel is big so you may relax in other areas. Hostel feels old and dirty, they could do a better effort at maintaining it clean. Many guests smoke pot by hostel door and staff doesn't mind.

Close this place down

Worst hostel I have EVER stayed at - and trust me, I have stayed at many. I was bitten all over my body the first night I stayed at the hostel by spiders, they changed the sheets and same thing happened again 2nd night. Bites on my face legs and arms. Hostel found the spiders but refused to refund me or cover the cost of my medication and doctors appointments. Staff are ridiculously unhelpful. Worst hostel I have ever been to, made my time in San Francisco really crappy. Don't stay here .

• 1st Nov 2013

Locate in center downtown of San Francisco and very near to Station, easy to travel around

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Vietnam

Excellent! In my next time em SF , ill be there!

Definitely a Party place with free beer everyday . It's a massive hostel with E running the show! Thanks E and not as dirty as people say

• 27th Oct 2013
  • parkerparker4157640

The hostel was wonderful. Great friendly knowledgeable staff. Clean. Safe. Great location. The free internet, coffee and beer were a bonus. I had a wonderful time and would tell anyone to stay here if visiting San Francisco.

• 26th Oct 2013

Great price and location, nice staff, free beer every day, cheap laundry and cooking yourself a pancake for the breakfast. What else are you going to need?

Free beer every night? Best idea for a hostel ever!

• 25th Oct 2013

Free bar impressed me most. A good place for making new friends!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • China

I had an excellant time because of your staff's kindness. Thanks again to your wonderful staff. Very kind and very friendly !! I wanted to give some tips to them. But, I did not have changes. I felt very sorry about that. Thanks, thanks!!

• 23rd Oct 2013