San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Friendly staff, amazing location, more or less clean rooms - great experience!

It's a good place located in a good location, easy for travelling, eating and shopping.

The best thing about the hostel is the price. It is not super clean or modern but at the price it was acceptable. The staff were fine but not hugely helpful and some were totally uninformed about the city. The hostel description promised a free breakfast each morning which I was told had been discontinued when I arrived. On the plus side there is a nice big hang out area where you can drink beer, a quiet area to read, free computers to use and it's right next to Bart/Metro/trams/Buses

그래도 이렇게 적은가격에 이정도 위치의 호스텔이라면 가격대비 짱입니다욜

• 14th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Facilities were super old. The bed was dirty!!!!!! I could even puke when facing to the wash basin....

• 14th Apr 2014
  • China

So unorganized. No one has a clue what they're doing. I saw at least 5 people get into arguments after they were told the place was full, EVEN THOUGH, they booked.. They said, "We don't use hostelworld" or "we only allow one reservation online." There are enough lockers for about 5% of the place. False advertising, no free anything, BUT, they didn't take it down. The women who work there constantly talk badly about people (I heard all this when I was using the computer). Many better hostels!

great staff. if you are looking for a hostel this is a great choice.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

I felt itchy on bed. Carpet was v dirty.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

We were 4 and we stayed for 2 nights in April 2014 . The location is really great ! The price is correct ! The bathroom wasnt clean at all we didnt take a shower because it was dirty and the bath was clogged !

The neiborhood in which the hostel stays is full of homeless and crazy people. Didn't feel safe at all walking on those streets. The hostel itself as no soul. It is ok ir you wanna just go there to sleep but if you are looking for hostel environment you won't find it there. It's good that it is close to market street where there are plenty transportations ti get around.

This Hostel is just a 1 Min. walk from the Bart Train Station away, so pretty good located. When i arrived there i had a day with 20 Hours behind me so i just wanted to catch some sleep. The only problem is that there is just one Bathroom one each floor, a second one used to be but they are all under maintanence. No surprise that you have to wait for hours 'til you can use them. Beside that i will definitely stay again, breakfast is plenty and the Hippie-Tour company is strongly recommended.

I only have one objection really: I came in at midnight and they didn't let me check in because I don't have an out of state ID on me, I only had a california ID. So I had to look for other accomodations.

BAD they gave me wrong key. they changed. then they gave me wrong sheets and they changed. there is a one small closet t but it is back of the bank bed impossible to open. room has heavy bleach smell. I took a shower and reliazed that hair dryer they gave is not even compatible with american plugs. They did not even apoligaze they were extremely rude and careless. same they there was a fire and a girls macbook was stolen from lugage room. GOOD location is safe and central cheapest hostel,

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel was ok, the location is very good, a lot of young people, nice. The bathroom were unclean and only one per floor, never enough for the hostel that was very bussy. If you like pancake and you want to cook them, the breakfast is good, if not, you will be hungry.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

All the restroom is broken. Almost all but the location is very strategic

All the shower suck no one have good water flow and the Kitchen very not clean !

This place was nice. most staff was so kind. but Asian woman staff and another woman staff who has black skin was not so kind.

Good location, one of the cheaper backpackers but was very dirty and hardly anything in the room. Not enough toilets and showers, they were also dirty

This hostel is generally good, though a bit old. It is convenient to go out for shopping, because there are many shops nearby. It is not expensive and provides all the basics for a traveller.

Only pancakes and coffe for breakfast. Rooms are really simple and without lock inside.

View all San Francisco Hostels