San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Not quite, located in day long busy street, many homeless around. A lot of restaurants and shops though. Met many travelers. I didn't,t like some staff. They were not nice nor helpful. I was assigned a different room although my friend room had many vacant beds. They assigned my bed to guy when i was still there. There were no sink and WiFi in my room. Hopefully, I moved to a better hostel 3 blocks away.

Staffs are really nice and they were always helpful every time I asked something.

The location was terrible, the smell too (it smelled wet like if there would be mould all over the place). people checked in the room at 6:30 a.m. (how are we expected to sleep). internet connection in the room was very bad.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is a few steps away from BART and MUNI which is super convenient to tour the city and go to the airport. However, the indoor carpet is a little bit disgustful but it is acceptable with the low price.

Nice and super clean place, good location, is so close to everything. The room size is perfect and the bathroom inside the room was always clean.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

very cheap rate, free breakfast ... hmm I thought it wasn't bad at all, because I didn't expect anything luxury for $29 a night!

Not a lot of infrastructure investment going on in this hostel. The bathrooms and showers are pretty old, the kitchen is cramped around the stoves, the lockers are tiny and too few in number, the elevator is terrifying, and my bunk should have been retired years ago.

Staff wasn't too helpful and it feels more like a hotel than a hostel because there were just too many rooms and the common area was all the way downstairs at the lobby and first floor. Wi-fi was horrible in the room and the elevator took ages to come or never came at all. Granted it,s an old building but when you're placed at the highest floor, you'll be definitely hating the elevator.

Very Dirty!!!!!! The breakfast was ughhhhhh, the kitchen was very dirty too! Bed not comfortable at all

• 13th Dec 2014

i had a wonderful stay in ur hostel

• 12th Dec 2014
  • India

Great stay, just off Union Square so location is great. Bathrooms were usually a bit dirty and had no sinks (they had antibacterial gel dispensers but they were empty) but still a great hostel. Would stay again.

Everything was great and will definitely will be back Terry

One of the best hostels I stayed at!

The staff are very kind and the location is good.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • China

amazing staff so helpful with maps and recommendations. really knowledgeable. free beer. gross hair in showers. free food. great breakfast. very secure. great location.

Cons: The beds are bad – either squeaky or sunken and uncomfortable; bathrooms are old and grimy; tiny, easily-clogged shower; the wifi is slow on the upper levels; the rooms tend to get quite hot unless the windows are open.

Stayed some days at this hostel, I thought it was not so nice based on the average rate and reviews, anyway it happened to be a really good deal, it's very good located, staff was nice, they even had some free beer nights, room was only for 4 people, etc. I enjoyed my stay here and definitely recommend anyone, it is a nice place to stay in SF and also cheaper than any other.

So noisy we couldn't sleep

No sink in my floor!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice stay, great pancakes in the breakfest. Only one complain is that I think that some bed bugs got me.

• 25th Nov 2014