San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1962 Total Reviews

This hostel is dirty!!! They just do not clean as often as they should do! During the 5 days I stayed there, in the bathroom of my dom room we run out of toilet paper two times and no one replaced it. The tables and chairs in the common room are so dirty you coludn't sit on them. They say you must clean after yourself when cooking, but - guess what - they don't even provide you paper towels to do it!! They organize no activity at all.

Everything you need and in a good location. The only thing I could see being improved was maybe a bit of colour on the walls, our room was a bit bleak.

The rooms are really really small and the restroom door inside the room was hard to close. There was mold everywhere. But the staff was friendly...

The hostel was ok, especially for the location. But in my room, there were only 2 sockets for 4 people, and they were actually in the bathroom: not nice at all!

I booked the hostel because of the price and thought it couldn't be that worse, but it was worse than expected. Dirty, the staff was uninformed about everything, weren't helpful. The lockers are first come, first serve. There're not even showers on every floor. Wouldn't come back, not even for this prices. Kitchen was also horribly dirty.

The location is the only thing going and the lift. You can walk easily everywhere. You won't get any beer or pancakes that's a lie, even if you want to pay for it, there isn't a bar. We were sight seeing heaps so we didn't party like usual so not sure about the atmosphere, it never seemed to Be great. The lock on our bathroom was broken so that made it awkward with roommates. But at least we had an ensuite, there is one bathroom per floor. If you want a bed to sleep in, it's good.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff was rude and un-helpful, THERE IS BLACK MOLD GROWING ON THE BATHROOM WALLS, and the area gets dangerous at night. We paid for 2 nights and only stayed one, they wouldn't refund us our money but we figured it was better to lose the money and stay somewhere else for the 2nd night.

• 19th Apr 2014

Not exactly palatial but does the job. Was given damp sheets on the first night but apart from that everything was ok. Can't really complain for the price

• 18th Apr 2014

Good location, could be such a good hostel but the people who work there are terrible, and there is no atmosphere in the place !!!

Friendly staff, amazing location, more or less clean rooms - great experience!

It's a good place located in a good location, easy for travelling, eating and shopping.

The best thing about the hostel is the price. It is not super clean or modern but at the price it was acceptable. The staff were fine but not hugely helpful and some were totally uninformed about the city. The hostel description promised a free breakfast each morning which I was told had been discontinued when I arrived. On the plus side there is a nice big hang out area where you can drink beer, a quiet area to read, free computers to use and it's right next to Bart/Metro/trams/Buses

그래도 이렇게 적은가격에 이정도 위치의 호스텔이라면 가격대비 짱입니다욜

• 14th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Facilities were super old. The bed was dirty!!!!!! I could even puke when facing to the wash basin....

• 14th Apr 2014
  • China

So unorganized. No one has a clue what they're doing. I saw at least 5 people get into arguments after they were told the place was full, EVEN THOUGH, they booked.. They said, "We don't use hostelworld" or "we only allow one reservation online." There are enough lockers for about 5% of the place. False advertising, no free anything, BUT, they didn't take it down. The women who work there constantly talk badly about people (I heard all this when I was using the computer). Many better hostels!

great staff. if you are looking for a hostel this is a great choice.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

I felt itchy on bed. Carpet was v dirty.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

We were 4 and we stayed for 2 nights in April 2014 . The location is really great ! The price is correct ! The bathroom wasnt clean at all we didnt take a shower because it was dirty and the bath was clogged !

The neiborhood in which the hostel stays is full of homeless and crazy people. Didn't feel safe at all walking on those streets. The hostel itself as no soul. It is ok ir you wanna just go there to sleep but if you are looking for hostel environment you won't find it there. It's good that it is close to market street where there are plenty transportations ti get around.

This Hostel is just a 1 Min. walk from the Bart Train Station away, so pretty good located. When i arrived there i had a day with 20 Hours behind me so i just wanted to catch some sleep. The only problem is that there is just one Bathroom one each floor, a second one used to be but they are all under maintanence. No surprise that you have to wait for hours 'til you can use them. Beside that i will definitely stay again, breakfast is plenty and the Hippie-Tour company is strongly recommended.

View all San Francisco Hostels