San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1946 Total Reviews

This hostel is generally good, though a bit old. It is convenient to go out for shopping, because there are many shops nearby. It is not expensive and provides all the basics for a traveller.

Only pancakes and coffe for breakfast. Rooms are really simple and without lock inside.

The staff was great, and they actually enforced showing your key to go up the stairs, which made me feel safer. The cafeteria thing at the basement is great, and people are always in there socializing. It has a rugged feel, and didn't smell. Downside... I couldn't find a sink in either bathroom, so had to brush my teeth with the shower. But hey, it's a hostel.

Location is central which is nice, but there are a LOT of homeless people around which can be quite annoying (it's all around the center, it was a real culture shock for me), otherwise it's all okay, not the cleanest place, no lockers, but I'd go back - liked the pancake for breakfast, helpful staff, secure luggage storage room, and well, you get what you pay for and it was one of the cheapest places in SF.

What a great value for money considering the location! Had a bit of a mixup at check-in but other than that, the stay was nice. Wow the showers are HOT, during our stay the cold water didn't work in the showers. The bathrooms/shower rooms were kind of clean, I've definitely seen better. Overall it was a good stay.

I think the location of the hostel is great. And the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. I want to recommend to others. Have a nice trip!!

You can make pancakes whenever you want, use more oil than you think you would need

the only good thing about it is the location. Everything was dirty and most of the bathrooms didn't work. I woke up with bites in my arm, neck and legs. They were cause by bedbugs. When I wanted to talk to the workers about that they just laughed at me. I wanted to talk to the manager but apparently they cound't give me his number. Wifi played up too. What else? Breakfast...no comments. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this hostel in my life.

We are sorry you didn't have a super time here but we aren't in the bed bug business. Unfortunately as the 3rd largest hostel in America sometimes guests accidently bring them in from public transportation, trains, and airlines. We did resolve the issue quite rapidly and hope your travels will be great enough to come back to a lovely city. Cheers!

Very friendly people and convenient location. It is just literally a place for you to sleep and leave your things. Met people from all over the world in one place!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Staffs were really nice and helpful. There are always breads, pancakes, juice and so on for a breakfast and I didn't get any but they also provide free beers. The thing is this hostel is pretty old building so some place are licking from ceiling and toilet is not clean but reasonable price and no complain! Oh and the location is good. It's easy to get anywhere since it's placed near the Powell station. I'll definitely stay there when I visit San Francisco again.

it was really nice staying there. location was execellent, i could see the cable car right across the hostel The subway station was near the hostel that really helped me find many tour places easily. Staffs were also very kind and specially the korean staff really helped us a lot. thank you all.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good hostel with a perfect location in the center of San Francisco. Nice and helpful staff and great launch!

• 6th Mar 2014

Nice stay, friendly staff. Initially I would stay at the hostel for 4 nights but I decided to extend it for another night.

The staff was rude did not have time for no one, the rooms were small no space for belongings. There were no locker available whilst I was there. There was no promotion night to get people together. The kitchen was old

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »