San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

1980 Total Reviews

great staff. if you are looking for a hostel this is a great choice.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

I felt itchy on bed. Carpet was v dirty.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

We were 4 and we stayed for 2 nights in April 2014 . The location is really great ! The price is correct ! The bathroom wasnt clean at all we didnt take a shower because it was dirty and the bath was clogged !

The neiborhood in which the hostel stays is full of homeless and crazy people. Didn't feel safe at all walking on those streets. The hostel itself as no soul. It is ok ir you wanna just go there to sleep but if you are looking for hostel environment you won't find it there. It's good that it is close to market street where there are plenty transportations ti get around.

This Hostel is just a 1 Min. walk from the Bart Train Station away, so pretty good located. When i arrived there i had a day with 20 Hours behind me so i just wanted to catch some sleep. The only problem is that there is just one Bathroom one each floor, a second one used to be but they are all under maintanence. No surprise that you have to wait for hours 'til you can use them. Beside that i will definitely stay again, breakfast is plenty and the Hippie-Tour company is strongly recommended.

I only have one objection really: I came in at midnight and they didn't let me check in because I don't have an out of state ID on me, I only had a california ID. So I had to look for other accomodations.

BAD they gave me wrong key. they changed. then they gave me wrong sheets and they changed. there is a one small closet t but it is back of the bank bed impossible to open. room has heavy bleach smell. I took a shower and reliazed that hair dryer they gave is not even compatible with american plugs. They did not even apoligaze they were extremely rude and careless. same they there was a fire and a girls macbook was stolen from lugage room. GOOD location is safe and central cheapest hostel,

• 2nd Apr 2014