San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

140 Mason street, San Francisco, USA

Like what the other reviews stated, this place was just a place to sleep. The showers were mouldy, the wifi wasn't working in my room and it just felt like a really basic place.

Great hostel! Defenetely the biggest one I've been too. But I didn't notice that as a problem. The location can seem a little sketchy at first with all the homeless people outside. But I never encountered any problems with them. The kitchen is really big with all you need to make food, but honestly who wants to cook their own food in San Fransisco?! Every night seemed like a good party there. You can bring your own alcohol inside the common room. Good value for money!

I was disappointed by this hostel as I didn't like the atmosphere as in other hostels which is probably due to its size in a city like SF. Furthermore the facilities could be updated and refurnished. The hostel up the hill looked much nicer and more inviting but unfortunately was full during the time of my stay. The staff was friendly but not very informative about what was happening in town, which is a pity as I am assuming there is a ton to do and see apart from the usual tourist path.

• 30th Apr 2015

Stinky bathrooms. Old. Kitchen is locked during lunch hours & at 10pm ridic.

Neither good, nor bad, just ordinary hostel.

I recomend !

Good value for San Francisco, nice common areas and spacious dorms. This hostel is well situated very close to Market Street and Powell station.

Pretty good value hostel comparing to other hostels but breakfast is poor because i do pancake by my sellf. Too crowd and not so comfortable to have breakfast.

It was really nice stay, only think could be a bit improved are the showers.

I must say I really enjoyed my time here! Apprehensive to book due to location and past reviews, but for the price in San Fran, you can't beat it! Good vibe entire time, people always playing games, chatting & drinking in common room at night, wifi was good, deals with bike hire and shuttles to airport were handy, free pancakes in the morning. Location was close to everything, with busses, trams and the Bart at your door step. Bed was ok, bit noisy. Showers could be cleaner. Def value for money!

Great hostel in the heart of San Francisco. Good atmosphere with 2 common rooms i prefer the 1st floor. Because it's not much that cold :-). The facilities are ok. I really love the free pancakes in the morning. Never experience that.

I had a great time staying at this Hostel. The location was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• 14th Apr 2015