San Remo Hostel Reviews

No.8 Nissirou St., and T.Delligiani St., 104 38 Athens, Athens, Greece

Wonderfull family..pefect place

Disgusting. Red ants all over the floor. Very sketchy vibe. We stayed at some pretty low budget places over time, and this place had to be the worst.

The place itself is no big deal, but is located close to metro, shops, restaurants etc. Good if you need a place to stay without all sorts of extras. The staff is really nice and friendly! I wouldn't mind coming back at all. :)

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel is just a place to sleep. There is not a real kitchen and if you would like to use it they charge you an extra fee. The common toilets were so small and dirty. They tried to clean it but in general was dirty, as the beds. The bed sheets were dirty since I arrived.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The staff was nice. They have to get rid of cockroaches and to provide more security as I had the sense anyone from outside could enter the dorm.

Staff was really nice, helped us order take out! :) bathrooms were dirty and they didn't inform us that we had to have our own sheet. Overall pretty good right near a police station so made us feel a little safer.

All the same complaints as previous reviews, mainly that there's only one key per room. I took my valuables with me when I went out and I wasn't travelling with a laptop or anything but if I had have been I wouldn't have felt at all ok about leaving it at the hostel. The location is fine, it's not central but it's close to the metro and I never felt unsafe walking back from the metro. The staff are great. I had to change my booking several times, and they were really helpful.

This place is good if you're just looking for a cheap base. Close to the metro so easy to get to. Fairly basic but they have cheap beer and everything you need! Good value for money.

San remois not the flashiest of hostels but its great valuefor money. Personally, I enjoyed my stay there, its in a great location in the centre of town, very close to the metro airport link which is very handy and many bus stops. Its also jn walking distance of many cultural andhistorical sites and many great cafes. San remo also has a rooftop area which is very cool to chill on and the staff here are great, all very friendly and helpful. Would go back.

• 2nd Jul 2014

nothing luxury, just a place to sleep, the kitchen and the bathrooms are too small. they clean very often, and the staff its very helpfull. the location it is not so beatiful but its close to the train and metro station and you can walk to go to he acropolis. the wi fi works very well and they turn on the AC in the nights so is very comfotable to sleep. in resume if you only want a place to sleep and leave your stuff meanwhile travel across the city its a good place.

Staff were friendly, location good if you travel by trains at larissa station. However, room was absolutely hot with no wind due to the buildings surrounding it. Lot can be improved here such as using an aircon. The toilets were also horribly small and stank of sewage all day long. sometimes, the smell permeates the entire hostel.

Most disgusting place I've ever stayed and in a neighborhood that felt pretty sketchy at night.

For the hosts alone I would stay here again. They were fantastic in helping out with everything, and were all super nice and welcoming! Yes, it could have been a little newer, but for the money, it was great. And like I said, the hosts make it. Would stay here again.

This place was a joke. I booked for a 4 people bedroom and got a 6 people one. No sheet, one plug for everyone in the room, etc.

Absolute dump. Bathroom reeked. 3 outlets for a room with 6 people in it. Not a nice side of town, although there's a subway station close enough. Only recommendable if you need a place to crash for one night and even then you'll wish you'd spent more money on something nices.

All the facilities were really old. The staff were nice, though! Poor cleanness and the toilet were small and smelly.

It is close to the station but not to the Akropolis. The city map they gave us is not good and that is essential while doing tourism. Only one key per room.

The staff is fantastic - wonderfully friendly and very helpful. That contributed substantially to the atmosphere; offers of coffee or tea in the morning and a random orange were little things that made me feel much more comfortable and welcome as a single traveler. The shared bathrooms on the ground floor are on the small side, but are about on par with hostel facilities in this price range everywhere in Greece - and very frequently cleaned. It was great to have access to a kitchen!

Kitchen ridiculously small, and dirty. No area for socialising with other guests. Bathroom also very small and every time anyone has a shower the toilet area is soaked.

• 12th May 2014

Overall, it is an easy place to stay for short stays or stop overs very near the train station. The only drawbacks are the showers/toilets are too narrow for use and the kitchen/lounge area are not comfortable. Otherwise, it's cheap place for stays or hope on/off.