San Sebastian Beach Hostel Reviews

Calle Euskal Herria 4 - 3º, San Sebastian, Spain

We were surprised to find this hostel is a temporary summer money making scheme in a residential apartment with about 5 rooms. There were only two bathrooms between 30 or so people. Security was terrible. Our locker wasn't even in our room and our key could open other lockers. However, it is in a great location and was the cheapest accomodation we could find. Overall, overpriced and unprofessional.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

really small but really nice. a nice living room. a good kitchen with microwave and all that stuff. :-) a nice staff. nice to hang out with them. or even go out with them. in the middle of the center. for going out at night and for going to the beaxh. if u want ur privacy u should better not go there. ;-)

The best hostel I have stayed at. The staff are great and the pub crawls were really fun. Would definitely stay here again.

• 20th Aug 2014

Sweet time with these guys in a great location right amongst it all ! Get on board. One power socket for a room of 6 otherwise no dramas

• 18th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a very pleasant stay at the hostel. The staff was very nice and friendly and recommended some great Pintxo spots in old town. It was a cozy stay as it's located in an apartment building, and the location for visiting old town and San Sebastian is prefect.

The ups: - Nice staff and helpful. Excellent location, on the downtown (the centre), where you have everything just a few minutes walking from the hostel. The downs: - Extremely pricey, does not worth so much money. Small rooms,you barely have space for walking. Only two bathroms and, one of them,the door doesn't close properly. No free parking nearby. The only parkings close to the hostel are very expensive (20€ per day). Bad choice if you travel by car.

The guys working were really fantastic. Lots of downers though. Only two bathrooms (one shower and toilet in each) between 18 people. One bathroom door didn't close properly. I The room I was in was between 6 people and very small, you could hardly walk for the luggage. Common area is a small living room with one couch, not good for socialising. Maybe in San Seb this is a good price, but after staying in other hostels around Europe, I thought it was really overpriced.

• 26th Jul 2014

This was a pretty good hostel, very basic but clean & comfortable. Beware of the nighttime staff who will shush you just for walking down the hallway! Would have been good to have a toaster to make breakfast in the morning with and maybe a sign on the front door as this was really tricky to find.

Brilliant staff, Mailte gave us a great idea of what was around town when we arrived and made us feel right at home. Great location, relaxed vibe, fun people. Quite expensive, but that seems typical of San Sebastián, so it was okay!

The staff was nice and the location is great, but the security is horrible. No lockers for the room or a safetybox. We would not stay there again!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Had an amazing time in San Sebastián beach hostel, all because of the people and the guys from the staff. Although the lady sleeping at the bench at night was kind of scary ;)

• 19th Jul 2014

Quiet hostel, nice to relax.

Great hostel with great location. It's not friendly for people with cars, though, as it is located in an area where only residents can park for free. Otherwise parking can be more than €10 a day. Location couldn't be better. The staff was incredibly friendly and the hostel is in good shape. Would definitely stay there again.

Good location and helpful staff but very expensive for what it is!

Joakim and Maria Auxiliar were phenomenal hosts, though I did not feel the same about Makel(sp??). The stairs to the floor were very creaky and dark . . . it gave me the creeps every time I went in and out and the elevator was too enclosed for me. Everything was very cramped with no spare space at all but I liked the location very much and felt very comfortable on day 2 and 3. I don't think I'll use this place again but I would still refer folks to it if they were on a tight budget.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff, Joachim and Mailte, were very friendly and helpful. The layout of two bathrooms, however, was a bit cramped because the showers and toilets were together in the same room.

View all San Sebastian Hostels