Sandakan Backpackers Reviews

Lot 108, Block SH-11, Sandakan Harbour Square, Sandakan, Malaysia

I had originally reserved two nights at this hostel but checked out in the middle of the night (2am) my first night there because the beds were full of bed bugs! The girl on the bottom bed of the bunk woke me up she was scratching so much and we looked at her bed, it was swarming with bed bugs, killed 8. Then I saw them in my bed. The first clue should have been the missing mattress from one of the beds in the room. Told the staff we wanted to leave and they immediately refunded the full money.

Dear Melissa, thank you for your review to Sandakan Backpackers. The night staff that in charge during that day, said there is no guest that checking out at 2am. You wrote also we refunded full money to you. But in our record here, you paid and there is no refund. Maybe there is a mistake review here. We hope you can explain to us about this review. Thank you.