Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Good situation for an afordable price, but no atmosphere and no kitchen...

• 28th Aug 2015

케징턴가든도보3분. 메트로도 3분. 근처에 페스트푸드, 슈퍼마켓있음. 단층침대, 아침제공, 친절한 스테프가 정말 마음에 들었다. 근데 화장실이 열악함. 단 한가지 단점.하지만 가격대비 최고의 호스텔!

The hostel is simply great, wonderful location, very cheap and with a gym and elevator! I did miss a chance to store my stuff in a fridge or a possibility to boil some water for coffee (as the one provided with the free breakfast was really bad). But I loved the Saturday's full english breakfast! The showers were a bit ugly, but that's a problem in the whole London. Definitely wear your flip-flops.

Very good hostel. I recommend it. Most probably I will stay in this hostel if I'll visit London again. In the room each person has own bedside-table and wardrobe.

Great location, building very secure. clean rooms, it also has a gym which was pretty cool for a hostel. Shower was a bit gross but for £20 a night can't complain.

can't cook

I enjoy staying here. I love old buildings! It is clean, secure, spacious, the location is excellent and the staff are lovely. Spoke to one member after the reception hours closed and mentioned a very early check out. He was there the next morning, and was very helpful and kind. All the staff I encountered throughout my visits there are among the most well-mannered of people I have met. The long term residents I met are very happy to be here. Says it all. Thank-you for being you! :)

Prior to booking I read a lot of comments reflecting on the cleanliness of the bathroom stalls. And honestly if you have ever been to any University/College in America the bathrooms are no different from a freshman dorm. With that being said THEY'RE NOT THAT BAD! Maybe some people are expecting some 3 star or more hotel status. It is an hostel. It's location was perfect right next to the Queensway and Bayswater Tube stations. There was also a lot of food options on the street over!

• 24th Jul 2015

Will had to my list of places to stay

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

There was no kitchen assess outside of very strict set hours and although they say 24hr reception there were some issues checking in at 11 as the duty porter could not accept payment and we needed to leave early the next day. They also keep a passport which is far from ideal. The location is great and it's safe but not having my passport made me very uncomfortable.

Racist for the Asian .

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Good Morning Could you please tell us why you are feeling that way about our place ? If you had any problem with our Staff or our residents we will be happy to investigate and take any necessary action. We are dealing with any nationality and never had any complaints so far. Thank you The Management

The only positive thing about this hostel was it's location. Everything else was below average. The building itself was very old and actually leant sideways which meant you walked downhill to our room. The staff did not speak very good English and the overall cleanliness was disgraceful. Aside from the poorly ventilated and very moldy showers there was still rubbish in our room from the previous occupants. Was full of old men who live there rather than backpackers.

It is truly a great value for where it is and what you get. I split a 2-person private room with my brother and it was extremely spacious for a very reasonable price. One of the cheapest places I've stayed in so far. It had beautiful gym equipment, didn't use it though, was extremely close to the tube, showers were pretty decent. The only reason I would criticize is that there is absolutely no sense of atmosphere or community. If you don't mind that, I'd highly recommend staying here.

• 28th Jun 2015

Wonderful hostel, this is where I will stay when I come back to London. The price is GREAT for the value. The bed is comfortable, room is big, bathrooms are alright and the location is lovely, a bit outside of the main center but right by Kensington Gardens and close to Hyde Park, just loved it. The bathrooms could be cleaner and the lockers don't really work, it's an old key/lock and I couldn't get it to work. Would recommend.

I stayed here for two nights on my way to Europe. The hostel is in a safe, central location in London, and is basic but clean and comfortable. All the long term residents I was staying with, and who I spoke to at breakfast were really friendly, and I think the fact that some of them have stayed there for years speaks volumes about this place! For £15/night you can't go wrong

• 22nd Jun 2015

The beds were very uncomfortable. If you make a peep after 11, people will be throwing a fit. Like other people mentioned, it's almost all extended stay residents. Most were nice, but some creepy. Somehow my underwear disappeared when i was doing laundry.. The shared bathrooms were disgusting (trash never taken out, no towels so floor was constantly wet, smelled horrible all the time). I would NOT book this place in the future. I tried to change hostels, but would have lost my $ bc of 72h polic

Showers were mouldy and curtain was dirty.

• 20th Jun 2015

I'm booked only one night and it's was good. Cheap price for the location and the number of bed ( 10£/night ) Just few things : the room was little wet and the breakfast finish very early. I recommend

I think the TV lounge closes too early leading to people sitting in corridors and doorways to chat. The breakfast is OK and the dinner was a surprise, in fact very good. The bed was very comfortable and quite. The shower unit I first used was poor as the water flow was too weak to have a proper shower.+

I had a very nice stay. Thank you!