Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I was arriving late at the hostel so I emailed prior to arriving to check this was okay and was told it was, that the night porter would check me in. I arrived at the hostel, the front door was locked and someone standing outside who just happened to be staying there let me in otherwise I don't know how I would have got in. There was no night porter. I waited a few minutes until I asked someone passing by where he was, they said he was outside and went to get him. 5 mins later he came.

• 18th Jul 2014

is a friendly leaving hostel for working class like myself

A nice, well run hostel. Staff were nice. Gym is really good, all I would suggest is to add a treadmill, that would make this hostel my no.1 choice in London!. Perhaps take out a cross trainer to make room?

Not a typical youth hostel. Poor atmosphere. Lots of other people staying who are not backpackers. But great value for money. Would stay again, since I'm not too worried about atmosphere & the money I would save would be worth it. Breakfast & dinner was a bonus, but not quality food, but can't complain really, saved like 15-20 pound by staying here

Could not check out before 8am because nobody was there (at 7:30am!) and walk out without my deposit. The women in the room I was in were extremely rude, clearly not travelers. Couldn't do anything more than whisper without getting told to shut up - one tried to move me into the hallway when I was zipping up my suitcase! WiFi is only usable until 11pm :/ Price was good for the location, but the experience was abysmal.

Hello, Our WIFI doesn't stop at 23.00 ! In fact, it does not stop at all ! We still have got your key deposit and we will be happy to refund it to you in cash or on your credit card. Thank you The Management

Reception is not helpful. Very lazy. Didn't tell about the key, around the hostel, about London and so on. I have left my earphone in bedroom so I called to hostel after checked out. But staff didn't work prompt.

Nothing special but really good value for money

This hostel has an amazing location, good price (breakfast and dinner included) and spacious lockers and rooms. But that's all. The restrooms are the most dirty I ever seen and the showers are so small and claustrophobic. I stayed in many hostels but I couldn't have expected something that bad for the restrooms. Never saw something similar. Also, the staff is not friendly at all (except for the managers).

• 1st Jul 2014

The hostel is absolutely great, they are very welcoming. The only thing I didn't like so much, but still I can understand, is the room change they can make. That's on the contract, and they are very organized with it, they send us an e-mail with the number of our new room. But for me didn't work so well, because I went out the two days very early and came back very late. Also, I was saving internet in my phone, so I didn't saw the e-mail, and it was a bit confusing at the beginning.

• 1st Jul 2014

Everything was good. Only one thing that I don't like, it has a small shower room. Room is clean. It is close to underground and you can easily access to anywhere you want to go.

This is a long term resident hostel so for travellers I don't suggest you book here. The location is good, near underground, buses and the park for a more scenic route. The people here are lovely and the meals are large. Overall my stay was pleasant

For its location and price alone it tops many more pricey-er stays. Breakfast was average but the dinner was great- especially when you can't always afford to eat out. Security was great but the bathrooms need a little work. Otherwise one of my better London hostels

The stay was really good. Thanks

The room was quite good and clean. Basic but comfortable mattres and pillow. The toilet and showers are old, dirty and smelly. Quite disgusting. I had a problem when checking in and I had to wait an hour before I could go to my room but I must say the staff worked hard to find a solution. Good for a night or a weekend. Breakfast included.

• 24th May 2014
  • Spain

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I found it to be one of the best vacation experience i've had. Value for money, and perfect location. Everything was briliant.

• 21st May 2014
  • Poland

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Sandeman-Allen for a couple of day. The Stuff made us feel very comfortable, and welcome. They deserve a huge praise.

• 5th May 2014

I want even aware of long term hostel accommodation before I came here but I'm very happy to stay beyond my initial 1 week booking. The location of the hostel is amazing, so close to two tubes, shops and Kensington Gardens! The staff are very helpful with my endless questions and continued bookings here. I LOVE that breakfast and dinner are included- it saves me time

• 3rd May 2014

Great hostel, it is the cheapest hostel I stayed at in London (I stayed in 3 different ones in 5 days because of the availability), and this was definitely the best. Great location, 5 min walk from the nearest tube, just next to Hyde Park, you receive two meals a day (breakfast and dinner) included in the price, the staff was very nice and the people staying in the hostel too! Great!

The hostels location is pretty much brilliant if you want to see London and the hostel itself has a friendly atmosphere and good, clean facilities. However there do seem to be near permanent residents who will share your room which to some can be a little disconcerting but everyone is generally friendly and considerate so this isn't particularly a problem.

Beds were very clean, shower cubicles and toilets not so much.... but for the price you don't expect luxury. A minute walk to the tube, lovely area, shops and restaurants on your doorstep.

• 10th Apr 2014