Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Stayed in one of the two bed dorms. Long stay room buddy left out food for two days in the room and it was rotting away on the table. Wasn't the most pleasant thing to find. Pillows on the beds need replacing. Everything else is as you'd expect. Good location near to Hyde Park and transport links are round the corner.

Window didn't close and it was winter in London.Staff (they were all Spanish) were rude to people,they probably forgot that they have a job thanks to the clients. Also the showers and wc were dirty. Near the tube so well located

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Portugal

The staff was really friendly and helpful. We loved the location. The rooms were nice and big as well. Breakfast was offered every morning-toast, "boiled eggs", jam, cereal. On Saturday, they offered beans, ham, sausage, etc, but everything seemed like it was the cheapest available option in stores. BUT the main issue was the cleanliness of the showers. They were small, filthy, moldy...they were just not sanitary at all. The showers alone is good enough reason for me not to return.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • bw04

Nice staff

Simply the best!

We were charged at a different rate that the one shown in their website. We booked and pay a twin room, we received an email saying they're unable to accommodate us in the same room, so they offered a triple room for the same price, where we understood we were going to be alone what we agreed. Finally we found a third person in the room and we ended up paying a twin room fare for a triple room with someone else, and they argued we agreed by email, and it was just a misunderstanding on our side.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Spain

1. Close to Queensway station 5mins walk 2. Free breakfast included :) 3. But actually the place is not hostel place, I stayed with 2 girls who are renting the place for a long time I think, so just be aware is not Hostel actually 4.It's so cheap for my stay , save a lot money

If you are looking for typical hostel environment, this is not for you as there is no real common area. With that being said, for everyone else like me who is looking for affordable, well-located, safe, clean lodging in an expensive city IS for you!!! I would definitely stay here again! They did not do the insane markup on price on New Year's Eve that all other hostels did, which this poor traveler appreciated, staff is friendly and location is EXCELLENT!

Location is good. There are many c-store (Tesco, Sainsbury's). Breakfast is free of charge but just simply food; cereal, milk , yogurt, bread and hard boiled egg. WiFi is available in the room. The cleanliness in the room is okay but for toilets and shower rooms are unacceptable; dirty, smelly, lots of mold on a wall and shower curtain. Feel like we are students in boarding school. Not sure to come back again.

Excellent accommodation. SECURITY: Wardrobes and drawers that can be locked was exceptional. My main concern with hostels is always security. I had peace of mind with locking mechanism in place. All facilities were functional and in good order. Wi-fi and heating were distinguishing features. TV ROOM / LOUNGE: Comfortable seating& tables Loved the breakfast - egg, muesli, milk, bread, jam, butter and tea. Staff were professional and very helpful whilst being professional & firm.

Nice and clean hostel, good location, nice and helpful staff, good place to stay!!!!

there was a small problem with my room allocation but the reception staff sorted it quickly so it was ok.

I lost my keys (and access fob) in my last night. I informed the situation to the staff at reception and he initially told me that the hostel will take my initial deposit (10 pounds). The next day, another staff charged me 20 extra pounds for the lost keys. the policy was not clear since the beginning and I think it was not fair. In total, I paid 40 pounds for 3 nights + 30 pounds for the lost keys. The rules must be clear since the beginning.

noisy if your in the front!

Stayed here for one night as I was on my way elsewhere. It's a dormitory (long-term) that rents out rooms that are free. The staff was extremely helpful, but it may have just been the room I was placed in that was unfortunate. The assigned armoires for storage were a free-for-all and the room itself was quite dirty. But for the amount, I'd stay here again if I were just passing through.

Not your usual hostel- this place is mostly for longer term, but they rent out open spots for a few nights at very reasonable prices. Excellent value. I really liked the staff and facilities. Would definitely want to stay again!

Old building, could use a thorough clean but that goes for a lot of London hostels. I booked at the last minute for a single in 3 bed dorm and got a very cheap price (they sometimes reduce the price to fill extra beds at short notice). Room was inhabited by friendly long term guests. Breakfast toast/tea/cereals etc.

Better breakfast and dining with more simple variety.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

This feels like you are living in a dorm/apartment. Not a place for someone travelling alone who wants a place to meet new people You only see people from your room and at the yummy free breakfast. Vibe is long term stay of people searching for housing while working in London. Showers where only warm once otherwise nice cold shoewer to wake you up in the morning. The beds are okay slight squeaky but the rooms are huge with your own sink in room.

Place is more like a permanent residence building with a few rooms that they rent out by the day. Due to that its not a great place to meet ppl but is quite nice if you're looking for a day or two to relax. Wifi was excellent throughout the building and the facilities were clean.