Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I stayed in the 3 females dorm room and it was really nice!! The atmosphere was good and the bed and toilet are clean and tidy, there are people cleaning it everyday. Breakfast and dinner are included, which is a very good price to stay. The hostel is closed to Hyde Park and underground station.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location was so phenomenal that I would stay again just for it. There are two tube lines within 2 minute walking distance, both of which take 10 mins to city centre! I only stayed one night, and it was just what I needed: a bed, a shower, and a locker. The cleanliness in the bathrooms wasn't ideal but for a cheap hostel it was to be expected. The staff aren't always around to let you in which meant I did wait a bit to come in (thankfully another guest walked by) and I waited to check out.

In my opinion, Hostel means low cost service and I can not expect a five star hotel, however I expect a clean place. The room was 'perfect', however the toilet and the shower room were not clean for a long time (two toilets and two showers rooms for an entire floor!). And another aspect, the staff even speaking in a different language needs to be more carefully, because we never know who will be in front of us! Always complaining and using appropriate language in italian... they can do it but no

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Warning!! Long term hostel! They don't even rent towels.

Excellent location, I'd definitely recommend it! Having said that, just a few points to note: Bathrooms could be cleaner and the mattress was the worst I ever slept on. (But apparently they are changing them, so it was just my bad luck to get an old one) Most of the people in this hostel live there, so no much of a hostel vibe. The TV room is on the basement and not very comfortable, therefore not many people in it.

i would recommend this place as it included both dinner and breakfast with the booking. It was clean, secure & good location with informative staff. It is a place for many medium to long-term stays as people who were there had been living there for six months or more & I stayed just one night.

This is one of the worst hostel experiences of my life. Other than the location and a decent evening meal mostly everything else was either unexceptional or poor. Out of the 3 LHA London hostels that I have used this place was by far the worst run. Cleanliness was a major issue as housekeeping only did the bare minimum to keep the place habitable. The washing & toillet facilitites were inadequate for the number of guests and the staff overall seem jaded by the idea of running a hostel.

Fantastic place to stay. Very helpful staff, clean safe and secure. Would definitely come back to stay again. The only negative point is the Full English breakfast served on Saturday morning was stone COLD. You cant serve Fry Up cold it has to be hot, heard other people complain about it also. Other than that it was top class.

The bathrooms rooms were every tiny. The rooms weren't bad and the food was okay. Location was good, near Hyde Park. The was no atmosphere, so don't expect to meet new ppl.

Love the meals... but CleaaanPleaseeee! Clean the showers pleaseee. Mushrooooms thereee

The staff is really nice, the location is great, and they include breakfast an dinner. The only problem is the "regulars", i couldn't be in other place that in my bed inside my own bedroom because everything was full of their stuff like i couldn't even use the table to eat something at night.

I had a good stay. The only thing I regretted was not to be able to access the kitchen 24 hours/7 and prepare my own meals as have special dietary requirements.

This is hotal is the best if you are looking for location. It has 2 metro stops 2 minutes away, plenty of bus stops 3 minutes walking and it is 2 minutes walking from Hyde Park.

They are gentleman

Overall my stay was good. The breakfast was standard. Good idea to gt the day started. The toilets were horrible as they wouldnt flush. For winter, the water was a little cold. Great staff. Perfect location. So central and near almost everything. Enjoyed my stay. Quiete and peaceful

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Namibia

Location is excellent, just one thing to highlight: at the check out time, the staff could have been more polite when you get "kicked out" of the room. In my case, I was in a 5-male-room and at sharp 10:30 am, entered one member of the staff and two females to tell me personally that I had to leave now. This need to be improved! However, everyhitng apart of this situation was perfect! nice food and well cleaned rooms

I didn't like the fact that this hostel doesn't have a commom room. Its's like a place where people already leave there, so i think it kinds of loses the meaning of hostel. The toilets, sinks and showers are not very clean and the instalations are very old. but the good thing is that is close to the underground stations.

• 26th Dec 2014

The shower and bathroom facilities were filthy! I opened up the door to the shower room and a big black bug scurried across the floor of a disgusting bathroom that I had absolutely no desire to use. Toilet in bathroom didn't flush, hallway smelled weird, elevator was the tiniest one I have ever seen, barely fits one person and very rickety. Overall hostel gives off a very cheap and dirty impression. I have stayed in many hostels and this was quite a shocker, was not expecting how gross it was.

Hello. I think it is really nice place where hotel is located, i really like staff your hotel guys helped me very much in my questions. Thanks.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

The place is quite, which is good to sleep but not to God to met people and do stuffs. It's clean but toilets are really old and don't work properly so some times the toilets look disgusting. Personal is great and helpful. Really close to tub station and to Hyde park!