Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The hostels location is pretty much brilliant if you want to see London and the hostel itself has a friendly atmosphere and good, clean facilities. However there do seem to be near permanent residents who will share your room which to some can be a little disconcerting but everyone is generally friendly and considerate so this isn't particularly a problem.

I awoke to find somebody had smashed a hole in the bathroom ceiling. Bits of ceiling tile everywhere. At night i'm not entirely sure the staff had full control. Cheap per night rate but i would pay a bit more feel more relaxed. 3/10

We stayed here for 4nights.The hostel has good location right beside the tube station. One issue I had was that we were put in rooms with permanent tenants there. We arrived at 3am and there is light out at 11 so I couldn't have a look around the room and had trouble getin changed! We then were checkin out at 4am and had the same problem. We rang the phone at reception to get a staff member to check us out and he looked disgusted that we had woken him!Would have liked to stay in a room friends.

• 4th Apr 2014

Excellent staff, very good located. The food were nice as well. the only thing that should be improved is the cleanliness. A renovation should be done because the ceiling has fallen down during my stay.Excellent staff, very good located. the only thing that should be improved is the cleanliness and the ceiling had fall down.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Breakfast at the weekend is so late. The begining time 9:30 for Breakfast is not my Cup of tea. Could be brunch than!

Right off the side of Hyde Park and a small street away from the tube, this place is in an excellent location. Its a place where most people there are permanent residents so it wasnt a fun atmosphere. I couldnt find a working shower on level 1 and the one I did find was a tiny box so only did that once! The room however was spotless and I had my own single bed which was a nice change from bunks. The staff were friendly, all Italian I think. The food wasnt worth raving about.

The room was clean but the bathrooms had a pretty bad smell and the showers were really small. I was also not expecting there to be people who were living there permanently in a shared room, it's pretty off-putting to travellers.

All in all, it's a good place to stay. Location is excellent. Showers are a bit dirty :(

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Friendly and helpful staff, the private room was great for the price. The showers could do with updating but were clean. Breakfast and lunch included although I didn't make either but still felt I'd got a good deal, the local shops provided all I needed at out of London prices. In such a nice area and at such a low cost the slight need for modernising can be easily overlooked. I would definitely stay again.

• 1st Mar 2014

Very dirty place, totally unfriendly staff that didn't like to be woken up for my check-in and couldn't be bothered to be there for the check out!

Dear We are sorry you didn't enjoy your short stay with us. We deal with short and very long stays and our residents are usually very happy with the service we provide. We thank you for your comment as it will help to make the next customer even happier ! The Management

We really enjoyed our one night stay and were more than happy with our room (it was much bigger than we expected!). My only complaint would be the washroom and shower facilities, which were a little small, old, and didn't feel 100% clean. The location near Kensington park was nice although it was a bit of a walk to downtown London. Overall, I thought it was a good hostel, and was nice and quiet. I would recommend it to friends. Thanks!

Rooms are great. Bathrooms average. Location great.

The showers need to be cleaned better and during my stay there was never any toilet paper in the 4th floor bathrooms. But, the food was great, the staff was friendly and my room was clean and spacious.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Dominican Republic

I would highly recommend staying at Sandeman Allen while visiting London on a budget. Great location - the street is really nice and quite but also a minute away from lovely restaurants and bars, close to the tube station. The rooms are spacious compared to most hostels and include good storage and a small sink which is really convenient. The showers and toilets are a bit old but if you bring flip flops, as you do in most hostels, you'll be fine!

It was very near to underground, and there were many restaurants and shops near there. People there were also nice, and they offer breakfast and dinner. But toilet and shower room looked little bit old. So, it was quite difficult to use for me....but except for this, it was quite goos to stay.

Great location. Friendly service. The room we stayed in was large and roomy. Dinner was hearty and substantial. Great value for money.

Very friendly and helpful staff(both dayshift and nightshift)! Spacious rooms(2 bed female shared)with individually lockable large wardrobes. Clean beds, unfortunately not so clean floors(probably due to longterm residents asking to skip cleaning for days on end by note on their doors) Brekfast simple but sufficient (tea,coffee,cereals,toast,butter,jam)What more does one need? Shower disgusting-narrow closet on corridor without window or ventilation of any kind-no wonder it's completely moulded.

• 5th Dec 2013