Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

At the time of my visit, Sandeman Allen was a long-term hostel with little atmosphere for short-term travellers. The majority of residents seemed to have been there for months, if not years. Despite a lack of a traveller atmosphere, the people were friendly enough once you got talking to them. They provided breakfast and dinner, which was a bonus, but there is no personal kitchen access. Toilets, showers, and bathrooms had average cleanliness, and the beds were well-used singles.

amazing! Heart of London, spitting distance of the tube, 'safe' area, really lovely helpful staff, Gym!! and dinner and breakfast included. Amazing!

• 23rd May 2015

One of the best hostels I've every stayed at! More student accommodation then a hostel tbh, but two included meals a day - no complaints. Great facilities and the staff helped the best they could. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

• 23rd May 2015

It's a very good value for money, mostly because of the location and considering that breakfast is included. Additionally, staff might be the nicest one I've ever encountered. Good job, team!

• 19th May 2015
  • Slovenia

Not really a hostel but rather a sort of student accomodation with dinner and breakfast, and gym included ;) really good price/quality ratio - recommended!

Loved the room, I was with someone who was a long term resident and enjoyed it quite a lot. The location is amazing, right by lots of underground stations. Staff was good and helpful. Only thing was the bathrooms were pretty unfortunate.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. For instance on Saturday morning, as I had to leave at 8:00 and breakfast wouldn't be served before 9:30, the night porter offered to make me a hot cup of tea before i left - I had checked in around 1 am -, which was very kind of him. Also, one day I couldn't find my keys, actually lost at the bottom of my bag, and there was no difficulty to get an extra set, which I returned immediately after I had found my set.

• 24th Apr 2015

I stayed in the 3 females dorm room and it was really nice!! The atmosphere was good and the bed and toilet are clean and tidy, there are people cleaning it everyday. Breakfast and dinner are included, which is a very good price to stay. The hostel is closed to Hyde Park and underground station.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location was so phenomenal that I would stay again just for it. There are two tube lines within 2 minute walking distance, both of which take 10 mins to city centre! I only stayed one night, and it was just what I needed: a bed, a shower, and a locker. The cleanliness in the bathrooms wasn't ideal but for a cheap hostel it was to be expected. The staff aren't always around to let you in which meant I did wait a bit to come in (thankfully another guest walked by) and I waited to check out.

In my opinion, Hostel means low cost service and I can not expect a five star hotel, however I expect a clean place. The room was 'perfect', however the toilet and the shower room were not clean for a long time (two toilets and two showers rooms for an entire floor!). And another aspect, the staff even speaking in a different language needs to be more carefully, because we never know who will be in front of us! Always complaining and using appropriate language in italian... they can do it but no

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Warning!! Long term hostel! They don't even rent towels.

Excellent location, I'd definitely recommend it! Having said that, just a few points to note: Bathrooms could be cleaner and the mattress was the worst I ever slept on. (But apparently they are changing them, so it was just my bad luck to get an old one) Most of the people in this hostel live there, so no much of a hostel vibe. The TV room is on the basement and not very comfortable, therefore not many people in it.

i would recommend this place as it included both dinner and breakfast with the booking. It was clean, secure & good location with informative staff. It is a place for many medium to long-term stays as people who were there had been living there for six months or more & I stayed just one night.

This is one of the worst hostel experiences of my life. Other than the location and a decent evening meal mostly everything else was either unexceptional or poor. Out of the 3 LHA London hostels that I have used this place was by far the worst run. Cleanliness was a major issue as housekeeping only did the bare minimum to keep the place habitable. The washing & toillet facilitites were inadequate for the number of guests and the staff overall seem jaded by the idea of running a hostel.

Fantastic place to stay. Very helpful staff, clean safe and secure. Would definitely come back to stay again. The only negative point is the Full English breakfast served on Saturday morning was stone COLD. You cant serve Fry Up cold it has to be hot, heard other people complain about it also. Other than that it was top class.

The bathrooms rooms were every tiny. The rooms weren't bad and the food was okay. Location was good, near Hyde Park. The was no atmosphere, so don't expect to meet new ppl.

Love the meals... but CleaaanPleaseeee! Clean the showers pleaseee. Mushrooooms thereee

The staff is really nice, the location is great, and they include breakfast an dinner. The only problem is the "regulars", i couldn't be in other place that in my bed inside my own bedroom because everything was full of their stuff like i couldn't even use the table to eat something at night.

I had a good stay. The only thing I regretted was not to be able to access the kitchen 24 hours/7 and prepare my own meals as have special dietary requirements.

This is hotal is the best if you are looking for location. It has 2 metro stops 2 minutes away, plenty of bus stops 3 minutes walking and it is 2 minutes walking from Hyde Park.