Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Beds were very clean, shower cubicles and toilets not so much.... but for the price you don't expect luxury. A minute walk to the tube, lovely area, shops and restaurants on your doorstep.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Wales

I awoke to find somebody had smashed a hole in the bathroom ceiling. Bits of ceiling tile everywhere. At night i'm not entirely sure the staff had full control. Cheap per night rate but i would pay a bit more feel more relaxed. 3/10

We stayed here for 4nights.The hostel has good location right beside the tube station. One issue I had was that we were put in rooms with permanent tenants there. We arrived at 3am and there is light out at 11 so I couldn't have a look around the room and had trouble getin changed! We then were checkin out at 4am and had the same problem. We rang the phone at reception to get a staff member to check us out and he looked disgusted that we had woken him!Would have liked to stay in a room friends.

• 4th Apr 2014

Excellent staff, very good located. The food were nice as well. the only thing that should be improved is the cleanliness. A renovation should be done because the ceiling has fallen down during my stay.Excellent staff, very good located. the only thing that should be improved is the cleanliness and the ceiling had fall down.

• 3rd Apr 2014

A lot of elder people live here for a long time. The bathroom is public use and actually old.

Breakfast at the weekend is so late. The begining time 9:30 for Breakfast is not my Cup of tea. Could be brunch than!

Right off the side of Hyde Park and a small street away from the tube, this place is in an excellent location. Its a place where most people there are permanent residents so it wasnt a fun atmosphere. I couldnt find a working shower on level 1 and the one I did find was a tiny box so only did that once! The room however was spotless and I had my own single bed which was a nice change from bunks. The staff were friendly, all Italian I think. The food wasnt worth raving about.

The room was clean but the bathrooms had a pretty bad smell and the showers were really small. I was also not expecting there to be people who were living there permanently in a shared room, it's pretty off-putting to travellers.

All in all, it's a good place to stay. Location is excellent. Showers are a bit dirty :(

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Friendly and helpful staff, the private room was great for the price. The showers could do with updating but were clean. Breakfast and lunch included although I didn't make either but still felt I'd got a good deal, the local shops provided all I needed at out of London prices. In such a nice area and at such a low cost the slight need for modernising can be easily overlooked. I would definitely stay again.

• 1st Mar 2014