Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I stayed in the 3 females dorm room and it was really nice!! The atmosphere was good and the bed and toilet are clean and tidy, there are people cleaning it everyday. Breakfast and dinner are included, which is a very good price to stay. The hostel is closed to Hyde Park and underground station.

The location was so phenomenal that I would stay again just for it. There are two tube lines within 2 minute walking distance, both of which take 10 mins to city centre! I only stayed one night, and it was just what I needed: a bed, a shower, and a locker. The cleanliness in the bathrooms wasn't ideal but for a cheap hostel it was to be expected. The staff aren't always around to let you in which meant I did wait a bit to come in (thankfully another guest walked by) and I waited to check out.

In my opinion, Hostel means low cost service and I can not expect a five star hotel, however I expect a clean place. The room was 'perfect', however the toilet and the shower room were not clean for a long time (two toilets and two showers rooms for an entire floor!). And another aspect, the staff even speaking in a different language needs to be more carefully, because we never know who will be in front of us! Always complaining and using appropriate language in italian... they can do it but no

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Warning!! Long term hostel! They don't even rent towels.

Excellent location, I'd definitely recommend it! Having said that, just a few points to note: Bathrooms could be cleaner and the mattress was the worst I ever slept on. (But apparently they are changing them, so it was just my bad luck to get an old one) Most of the people in this hostel live there, so no much of a hostel vibe. The TV room is on the basement and not very comfortable, therefore not many people in it.

i would recommend this place as it included both dinner and breakfast with the booking. It was clean, secure & good location with informative staff. It is a place for many medium to long-term stays as people who were there had been living there for six months or more & I stayed just one night.

This is one of the worst hostel experiences of my life. Other than the location and a decent evening meal mostly everything else was either unexceptional or poor. Out of the 3 LHA London hostels that I have used this place was by far the worst run. Cleanliness was a major issue as housekeeping only did the bare minimum to keep the place habitable. The washing & toillet facilitites were inadequate for the number of guests and the staff overall seem jaded by the idea of running a hostel.

Fantastic place to stay. Very helpful staff, clean safe and secure. Would definitely come back to stay again. The only negative point is the Full English breakfast served on Saturday morning was stone COLD. You cant serve Fry Up cold it has to be hot, heard other people complain about it also. Other than that it was top class.

1 2 Next » last »