Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Best value for money! Excellent!

The hostel is based on the long terms customers, that is the reason there is kind of the strange atmosfere for travellers who stay here just for night or two. The staff is pleasant and professional, I mean in the reception. I keep coming back and would recommend the hostel, but it is bussy and prebooked by long stay customers.

My favourite place to stay in London. Everything was good. Actually if I was to pick a hole in the place, they need more modern plumbing. However this would be a giant job!

+ clean hostel, furnished rooms, friendly staff, ... - I prefer not zone 1., no kitchen for customers .

• 27th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

At the time of my visit, Sandeman Allen was a long-term hostel with little atmosphere for short-term travellers. The majority of residents seemed to have been there for months, if not years. Despite a lack of a traveller atmosphere, the people were friendly enough once you got talking to them. They provided breakfast and dinner, which was a bonus, but there is no personal kitchen access. Toilets, showers, and bathrooms had average cleanliness, and the beds were well-used singles.

amazing! Heart of London, spitting distance of the tube, 'safe' area, really lovely helpful staff, Gym!! and dinner and breakfast included. Amazing!

• 23rd May 2015

One of the best hostels I've every stayed at! More student accommodation then a hostel tbh, but two included meals a day - no complaints. Great facilities and the staff helped the best they could. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Breakfast and dinner included! It was excellent! Full of travellers and workers young and old. I had a blast. Great for anyone moving to London to settle in while looking for a house and good for travellers too, I think.uh better than any pf the other hostels on the street!

It's a very good value for money, mostly because of the location and considering that breakfast is included. Additionally, staff might be the nicest one I've ever encountered. Good job, team!

Not really a hostel but rather a sort of student accomodation with dinner and breakfast, and gym included ;) really good price/quality ratio - recommended!

Loved the room, I was with someone who was a long term resident and enjoyed it quite a lot. The location is amazing, right by lots of underground stations. Staff was good and helpful. Only thing was the bathrooms were pretty unfortunate.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. For instance on Saturday morning, as I had to leave at 8:00 and breakfast wouldn't be served before 9:30, the night porter offered to make me a hot cup of tea before i left - I had checked in around 1 am -, which was very kind of him. Also, one day I couldn't find my keys, actually lost at the bottom of my bag, and there was no difficulty to get an extra set, which I returned immediately after I had found my set.

• 24th Apr 2015

I stayed in the 3 females dorm room and it was really nice!! The atmosphere was good and the bed and toilet are clean and tidy, there are people cleaning it everyday. Breakfast and dinner are included, which is a very good price to stay. The hostel is closed to Hyde Park and underground station.

The location was so phenomenal that I would stay again just for it. There are two tube lines within 2 minute walking distance, both of which take 10 mins to city centre! I only stayed one night, and it was just what I needed: a bed, a shower, and a locker. The cleanliness in the bathrooms wasn't ideal but for a cheap hostel it was to be expected. The staff aren't always around to let you in which meant I did wait a bit to come in (thankfully another guest walked by) and I waited to check out.

In my opinion, Hostel means low cost service and I can not expect a five star hotel, however I expect a clean place. The room was 'perfect', however the toilet and the shower room were not clean for a long time (two toilets and two showers rooms for an entire floor!). And another aspect, the staff even speaking in a different language needs to be more carefully, because we never know who will be in front of us! Always complaining and using appropriate language in italian... they can do it but no

• 3rd Apr 2015