Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

Thats how should look and work every hostel. Good atmosphere, lots of space (even for fire on backyard), free parking, near tram stop etc. Recommended!

Would stay again. Would send friends. Staff helpful and speak English. Friendly.. Nice things like hung laundray as we out for day so did not have to pay for drying. Nice balcony in room. Private rooms have own kitchen and bath. Need to clean and organize better. Some of applinces falling apart old. Run out of hot water. None in top kitchen. Courtyard noisey till 12 night. Others would say good social atmosphere. On major tram line to train station. Easy to TIGAL airport. Near supermarket.

Sandino is life. Sandino is love. If you like to chill, then this is where you must stay. Michael (owner) is the sweetest man alive and the staff are all very cool. It's a quick tram ride from Alexanderplatz (20m) so, which is AWESOME, because it's just far enough away from the city to be leaving touristland, but close enough when you need to go. It's a community of great people, great beer, chickens, and the occasional swooping crows. When I go back to Berlin, I'll stay at Sandino hands down.

One. Of my favourite hostels. The owner is super nice and the place is perfectly set up to create a welcoming atmosphere. There's a ping pong table, space for tents, and even chickens! Facilities are comfortable and clean too.

Very nice hostel and amazing atmosphere everybody is so welcoming!

For what you pay cant ask for more! Bit of a trek to get to it and under first impressions you have doubts. But the best hostel ive stayed in for atmosphere and friendliness from staff and other travellers. Plus the comfiest bed ive stayed in my whole trip and a good cooking area with food storage!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was pretty unclean, a lot dust everywhere, kitchen didn't look clean, toilets and showers also not clean, we expected a double bed, got 2 singles, staff tried to be helpful but didn't know much about Berlin. Location was ok about half hour to main train station and centre. Plenty of shops close by. We can imagine it being perfect for people who don't want to do much sightseeing and just wanna meet people. Not for families or young children

We absolutely loved our stay at this hostel! There was such a great atmosphere and everyone was so lovely! We cooked dinner all together and drunk together most nights. There is a table tennis table and a lot of areas to chill and meet other people. The only negative is that it is a bit far out but the tram is close and Berlin is such a big and amazing city that you will have to travel alot to do and see things no matter where you stay.

Loved it here, really friendly staff. Loved the outside area. Only problem was the location but the hostel made up for that.

One of the best places I've ever stayed! Great staff help you out with anything very trusting also. Value for money is excellent and full kitchen is available to use along with the communual area. Only 7 mins on the tram from alexanderplatz super easy to find. Would reccomend hiring the bikes as berlin is well equipped for this !

Great cheap hostel, not very far from city center, which can be reached by tram very fast (M5 or M6), supermarket very close, friendly and helpful staff, nice chilled atmosphere, music from Radio Paradise can be heard in the lounge all day long, good quality/price ratio.

• 30th May 2015
  • Romania

Amazing place!Super friendly staff, manager is 1 of the best human beings I've ever met, place is very spacious(any hostel would fill those bedrooms with a lot more beds), there's a pingpong (table tennis) and a fussball (table football) table, music in the lounge is great, lounge is very big, full kitchen (oven, hob, dishwasher, microwaves, lots of all kinds of pans, endless cutlery), environment is always very clean, lots of plants, chicken (fresh eggs!). I felt more at home then @ my own home

• 27th May 2015

They really have the atmosphere of a community; staff and all the guests are super nice, friendly and willing to help. The place is clean and lovely, I like the tent so much! Location good too, easy to find, direct tram reach. Strongly recommended!

I and my 6 friends stayed at Sandino community and it was great experience. You feel like you are living off city and with familiar people. The staff were very friendly. They lent cycles to us sometime and let us stay for longer time than the normal check out time.

This is really hostel, it's different from any other commercialize hostel...I like the atmosphere, concept of this hostel & helpfull staffs. I booked for 2 nights but I ended up my stay for 4 nights. Just love to stay here, meet new friends, local people, apple tree & of course the chickens. Highly recommended. Definitely will stay at this hostel again if come back to Berlin.

• 8th May 2015
  • Malaysia

This place lives and breaths the approachable and down to earth East Berlin vibe. It has an authenticity all its own, a character worth being a part of. Our stay was made even more memorable by the many common spaces where guests and staff gathered to share food, conversation, and laughter. In all, Sandino helped make Berlin feel like home. Thank you!

• 8th May 2015

good hostel, good atmosphere, no complaints, would stay there again

Sandino is one if the most chill hostels I've ever stayed at. BEST STAFF. Best vibes. a little bit away from the centre so you can focus and relax in between your adventures in Berlin + the Tram stop to the centre is at the end of the street & there is a grocery store + shops very close. If you like chickens & you like plants & you like beers & you like to chill. this is the spot. Highly recommended for open minded travelers.

It is a very nice and peaceful place to stay with all basic needs of life. Moreover, ttaff is very caring and cooperative.

• 6th May 2015
  • Pakistan

I loved staying here. My intention was to try it out and move to a different hostel "closer" to the action, but I ended up staying here for all 5 nights. It's a very laid back environment, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and everyone I was staying with was awesome. There's good music playing in the common area all the time. It's a quick and easy tram ride into Alexanderplatz, from where you can get anywhere and everywhere in Berlin. I'd recommend this place to anyone.