Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

Fantastic place to stay! This hostel has a great atmosphere and the rooms are huge. We would definitely recommend this place.

This place was a charm. Michael, the person on staff was so friendly and helpful, telling me about things around the hostel. The atmosphere is great, so easy to meet people and to hang out/see the city. Bed, comfy, rooms, spacious and homey, location not amazing but great for being out of tourist central and only a tram ride from the center.

• 24th Aug 2013

Michael and Stefan are tremendous hosts. I instantly felt comfortable there and for the eight nights of my stay, they were helpful and courteous. They have created the perfect place for all types of people. I'm in my late thirties and I was very comfortable, I met people older than I, as well as much younger than I at the hostel. It is quiet and charming. The grounds well kept. THe rooms and facilities very clean and comfortable. A great stay. My gratitude to the both of them.

Really cool place to stay although it is about 30 minutes by public transport to the centre of the city. Excellent kitchen.

Sandino was WONDERFUL.. the nicest hostel I have stayed in with a wonderful atmosphere. The owner Michael is a very kind man. The location was not the greatest.. But its worth it to take transit into the city centre. Beautiful place, roomy bedrooms, hot showers, nice people!

This is one of the best hostel I ever stayed in my life. It is new and it might be a bit hard to find at first but you will fall in love with it the moment you step in the place. Although It might look like a getaway place for young people in the countryside (in the middle of Berlin) and have a vintage feeling, the facilities are a lot better than you think, and it is very clean and tidy (That's Germans for you, Haha). The staffs were very friendly, motivated and helpful. I love this place!

Your hostel is lively. Thank you for letting us stay in your home with friendly services. The eggs were delicious and everything was wonderful. I hope to see you again.

• 15th Aug 2013

A brilliant place to stay if you want a relaxing, friendly and out of town Berlin experience. Travel time to the centre is around 30/40 mins, so because of that the hostel is a lot quieter than most. The place itself has a very homely atmosphere meaning you can feel comfortable sitting and drinking with other guests or reading on your own. Definitely recommended. Also, they have chickens.

Sandino is very interesting place in the middle of the city. Already when you are in holiday, you feel extra holiday as you stay here. If you like the alternative places in your holiday here is the best place I think. Mike is also so friendly. We were very pleased to stay there. I will stay again next time in Berlin.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Amazing!There are so many rooms

Brilliant place. It's a tad out on the east-side, but it takes by tram 20-min to Alexanderplatz and even less to Friedrichsfelde and the trams runs all night long. Very friendly owners, great community vibe and the double bed room was perfect with a balcony for almost half the price of any other place we could find. Expect some pingpong and live music from other quests plus they have chicken and roosters. Go in with a open mind and you will have a great time. Best hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 14th Aug 2013

Our second stay at Sandino and absolutely loved it! Great kitchen, good bathrooms and had a lovely stay in the tents. Lovely friendly atmosphere, look forward to the third visit!

We had a great stay at sandino! We stayed in the private deluxe tent, it was super comfortable. Just have ear plugs ready if you plan on going to bed at 6 in the AM, as the rooster will start to crow as the us comes up! Mikel is a wonderful host, and is ready to help with any questions you have for him about his hostel and his city! We will be back in the future!

• 6th Aug 2013

This is the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Not the 5 star kinda hostel facility, but definitely made me feel at home. I would recommend any backpacker or family group to stay in this hostel. Definitely value for money! Visiting Berlin, Sandino is my choice. :D

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Malaysia

If you like to stay somewhere a little 'quirky' or different, then this is the place for you. Beautiful dorm (like a Swiss chalet, wooden beams and all) and great indoor/outdoor bar/lounge/kitchen area - you'll see!) Mind, you WILL be woken up with the cockerel crowing in the morning, but if you're tired enough, you'll fall back to sleep...Also, you can hire a bike, easy access to Mauerpark and the rest of (East) Berlin.

Although the area it is in isn't particularly nice it's a great hostel, with staff willing to go above and beyond to help you! Definitely would stay again.

Simply amazing, so chilled out and comfortable, filled with literally the best staff I've ever come across in a Hostel.

• 25th Jul 2013

Not the greatest security in the physical form, but this is due to an extremely chilled vibe and an overall sense that everything is ok, and it is. Great open lounge area to chill and meet others whilst coooking up some cheap groceries in the communal kitchen, awesome for saving a few euro on food. Sweet late 90's, early 00's computer for free usage, but gotta turn that sucka off to save power and thus, the environment. The internet on it works perfectly fine. You can sleep in a tent!

A group of 10 from Girlguiding Manchester England stayed a week. They all loved the relaxed atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff. We'll be back.

• 24th Jul 2013

I loved staying at Sandino! One of the best hostels I've stayed at. It had a really chilled out vibe and super friendly people. The beds are clean and comfortable in a large room and the bathrooms are fine. The only thing is that it is quite far from the city centre, but there's a nearby tram that runs regularly so it's not a big problem. Would definitely return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3