Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

The Staff and environment is perfect for anyone who wants to meet people and see berlin. The location is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the city and really easy to find!

• 14th Jul 2014

This is definitely the coolest hostel I've ever been to. Micha and Marco are nice, warm and helpful. As the description says, this is not a commercial institution, but a community with a heart. I also met some new friends as it provides very large open spaces for communicating. Anyway, wanna go back again!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • China

I loved the atmosphere of this place! So relax, so cool! The staff is great. The hostel is a little far from the center but it's worth it. They need to work more the cleanliness part, though ;)

This hostel is amazing. I met great people, played with chickens, played ping pong, relaxed, and made some life long friends. The owner, Michael, is amazing. He is open and willing to talk about a myriad of subjects. He greets every guest upon entering and bids them a grand goodbye when they leave. This place is not an impersonal hostel like 99% of the rest of them. It is an intimate experience, and plus how often do you see the owner of the hostel practicing his unicycle abilities?

Hey, thanks for joining us. We enjoyed your stay here also very much. Hope to see you once again. Thanks for your good review. Micha

Not so close but not so far from the center. The tram station is in 2' distance from the hostel, something that provides that in something like 20' you can be directly in Alexanderplatz. The hostel's atmosphere is perfect, there is a garden, an open place which you can sit outside, outdoors and indoors kitchen and places to relax. The tend was very clean, and peaceful, the dorms clean and comfortable, the same for all the bathrooms and kitchens, The staff is really helpful and kind!!! - Stevi

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Greece

We stayed only a night there, but it's really great place, with good atmosphere, the staff and the people there were friendly. It's a good place to stay in berlin!

• 1st Jul 2014

Sandino is a perfect place to chill out and meet awesome people. The rooms, showers etc. are big, there are lockers, free wi-fi, ping pong table in the yard and everything. You can get to Alexanderplatz with one tram without changes, but some other important places require one or two changes. The neighborhood is cheap and there are a couple of small lakes nearby. Definitely recommended.

I Have to hand it to Michael he has completely transformed this old derelict building into a beautiful place to spend time, sleep, meet interesting people, read a book or have a beer. I loved my time at Sandino, and have already been back twice. You will be missing out if you don't get to stay here.

Awesome hostel with amazing atmosphere in Berlin! Staff is just great, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious. The huge outdoor kitchen and living room are one of a kind and invite getting to know others. This place is a sanctuary in the heart of the capital city! I would definitely stay here again.

I had a great time! Sleeping in a tent in Berlin is awesome. I really liked the atmosphere and the garden of the hostel. The staff was very kind and helpfull. The bathrooms were clean and nice. I also really liked their folder with what to do in Berlin! Thanks again for everything, if I go back to Berlin in summer I'll definitely go back to your place!

They have already done so much work and it's gonna be even better. Such a nice environment. Great place to stay for at least a week and just relax.

Fair way out which was annoying but the overall set up of the hostel was quite good. There is a lot of potential for this to become a great hostel - we may have been unlucky with the people who were staying here with us.

That our hostel is not a downtown hostel you could have known before you booked. Also you could have known that we are a community for grown up people not a partyhouse for youngsters. It's a pitty that there is not possibility to review guests because there were so many complains about you and the inconsiderate noise you made during the night silence.

Mike was great and very helpful. Great atmosphere. Only an hour or so walk from the centre, plus cheap bike rentals. Overall excellent stay.

Its was very nice! Great people and the staff was very helpful. Me and my friend slept in the tent and was offered extra blankets if it was too cold. My only discomfort was the bathroom it wasn't dirty it just had an odor. Some febreze air freshener and leaving the window open from time to time would help greatly.

• 20th Jun 2014

I'm basing this review on my experience there for 1 night. I didn't feel that the other people there were friendly, the hostel was extremely quiet. Everyone kept to themselves. Staff was absolutely amazing; they were friendly and helpful. The shower was hot for about 2 minutes, and then became freezing the rest of the time; horrible experience. The wifi was good, and was available in the room. It's pretty far from the city centre. It's not close to any bars/restaurants (that I know).

You had cold water because you have not opend the tap properly. The warm water heater starts only after a certain point of open it. Our hostel attrackts mostly matured people that are reflected, interested in other people and their enviroment. Many of them contribute to our community in their own way. I would say most of my guests are an enrichement for us and our house. Perhaps you should look at that this way: The people around you are a mirror of your own radiation. Smile and they smile too

This place is sooo great, stayed for four nights in the twelve bed room met some really great people both travelers and staff and had a good time drinking some biers and watching soccer on their big tv in the open air common room. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm back in Berlin

Nice staff

Excellent! Great staff, location, and environment! :D

This hostel was awesome!! We really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the deluxe tent for one night and in the dorm style room for three. The atmosphere is very relaxing, it was a really nice place to come back to at the end of the day. It is a bit far from the city center but if you give yourself enough time, you can get there by mid-morning walking. Also, the showers can have cold water so be sure to get to them early!

absolutely wonderfull