Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

This hostel differs from the rest, and overall i LOVED my visit. This is a kind of place where generally people who take their time slow do stay. The hostel is a great place to spend time, tough it's way out of the city, and trams not cheap (2.70euro). The staff is really kind, and sincere. Easy to get involved in the cosy atmosphere. And it's cheap! STRONGLY recommended for long-term travellers. Only, as a small hostel, the premises are not cleaned as frequently as big hostel networks.

Just a little bit outside of the city otherwise nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful and supportive.

Although Sandino is located a little bit far out from the city centre, it's more than easy too get there with a direct tramline 5mins away from the hostel, the staff were all very friendly and easy too get along with, nice group of people. Good atmosphere, defiantly worth checking out if you're backpacking alone. Had an awesome time here and wish I could've stayed longer! Cheers guys!!

Receptionist was very friendly. He forgot the towels though. Not so good: room was called a double room but was with two single beds.

Top notch establishment.

Thanks a lot. Best wishes

best hostel I've ever stayed at

What can't you say about Sandino that's good? This place is fantastic for everything with the best staff who end up feeling like friends. The facilities are great. The beds are SO comfy. I ended up feeling like i was at home by the end of my stay and I know many others did too. I couldn't recommend highly enough.

• 16th Sep 2015

Good cooking area and lounge space outside. Staff were quite friendly and helpful. Showers were a little rough and I understand why most hostels limit the amount of days you can stay now.

Super friendly and helpful staff, great community atmosphere with guests from all over the world - made for interesting conversations around the fire in the evenings. Clean and comfy dorm with its own couch and table, very nice common areas, good kitchen and really fast internet. You can even camp in your own tent, which wasn't mentioned on this site. All in all one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I will definitely come back next time I visit Berlin.

• 9th Sep 2015

Very comfortable and great athmospshere, staff were great location was grand since the trams came very often. Will definetly stay again next time

A very beautiful place to be. Friendly people and helpful staff. No hidden costs. The location is a little bit off the center, but the extra time on transportation is well worth it. Really liked it there.

I had lots of fun here, very friendly staff and homely atmosphere, definitely the best place I`ve stayed at in all my travels. STAY HERE!!!

• 7th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Sandino hostel was like a family to me for 6 days. It's he perfect hostel for a solo travaler! I had so much fun over there and always felt super comfortable. Everyone were super nice and this hostel in general has great vibes. Micha the owner is super nice and will help you with everything you need. If you're coming to Berlin, especially as a solo traveller this is the hostel for you! I will defiantly stay in this hostel again next time I'm berlin

Amazing best hostel I've stayed at and that says a lot because I have had great experiences in every hostel I have chosen. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is amazing. Comfortable beds and great kitchen, I loved this place

It is a cozy hostel and Staff is so friendly.

Comfortable sleep - really cost. Not far from the tram. Great kitchen to use if you're budgeting! You can also hire bikes there for much cheaper than I've seen anywhere else in town.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Super social and nice setup around the open kitchen/courtyard with a fire and ping pong. Really nice lounge with sofas. Cozy dorm with mismatched duvets and comfy beds, but not too packed in together. All the people working there were really lovely, especially the owner. Location did initially seem a bit far out but actually wasn't so bad, good links with trams.

One of the most laid back and homey hostels I've stayed in. Great welcoming staff. The rooms are really big and and roomy. The beds are comfortable and don't creak all the time. Definitely recommend it. Only draw back is it is a bit far out, but the tram is close enough.

This place was built by the man who welcomes you to his life's work. It is slightly on the outskirts of the 'center' but Berlin transportation like all of Germany makes practically everything accessible. I loved our stay here and would have stayed longer. Everyone is respectful of personal belongings, but there are lockers if you need them. It's a curious space made into a cozy and homey environment for travelers. Thank you Michel and Sandino for a great experience! I hope to be back !

• 3rd Sep 2015

amazing staff, think my problem was I arrived late in the season. hostel was out of the city but close to a tram stop.