Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

Really cool place, defiantly will be staying there again. The staff were really cool and did a big BBQ for the last day of the season. Legends.

Nice place and helpful staff Even though it is not in the center it is not a problem since the tram, which runs all night, will take you straight there. I would probably stay here again if I came back to Berlin.

We spent here 5 days and everything was perfect! Very nice people,a wonderful friendly atmosphere and everything was very very clean! We had comfortable beds and a beautiful room! It's easy to find and it's well served by metro and tram,with the M5 line that goes from the hostel right to Alexanderplatz! We are very very satisfied! We come back here when we'll be in Berlin again!

• 23rd Sep 2014

For lonely travelers, it`s a great hostel, cause the atmosphere is awesome. I`ve met there great people! The staff is also really good. On the other hand, for those who are looking for comfort, it is not be best hostel. Even indoor is very cold and the bathroom is not that good (specially the showers). I recommend it anyway.

Best hostel I stayed in in Germany by far! Ended up staying a week longer than I had planned because Sandino was so much fun. They have cheap bikes for rent, delicious organic beer at the front desk, lots of open space, an apple tree and chickens! Of course, the feel of a hostel can often depend on the guests at the time, but over a 10-day stay I met many wonderful people that I'm still connected with, without running into any @$$holes. Large common areas and a homey vibe.

Very nice room, more than we expected for the price we paid. Just to arrive to the hostel took us long time because there some woks in the tram 5.

Cool little hostel a little further out from the city centre. Staff are laid back and friendly... there is a good vibe throughout the hostel. I wouldn't recommend it to someone coming to Berlin for the first time, as it's a little far away from everything, but an interesting part of town to stay in for the budget traveller.

Awesome hostel! First night I was there I heard an Italian musician playing Manu Chao superbly in the courtyard. What an atmosphere! Great Place to hang out in. Super staff with good sense of humour and big hearts. This hostel is not about making a lot of money but giving great experiences. Location is a bit further from city centre but trams are going there and coming back even in the middle of the night. M5 to Alexanderplatz and M6 to party district. There are swimming lakes nearby.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

A+ staff. Very friendly and very helpful. Atmosphere was excellent. It's extremely easy to meet people and go on adventures with them. Really close to the Netto, a liquor store, and several Kebab shops. Fully equipped with a refrigerator and a kitchen that contains all the necessary equipment for cooking. The location is not an issue at all; unless you're lazy and don't know how to use public transportation. The nightlife is only 20-30 mins away.

This is a beautiful alternative hostel. Everything has a brilliant 'home made' feel. The staff are very friendly and obliging. Had a great stay! Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone.

Nice hostel to stay! Different atmosphere compared to any other.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

These guys are awesome, wonderful people and the atmosphere is great. Felt like a home.. Thanks so much for having me, I'll definitely be back!

• 27th Aug 2014

What to say about this place ? Just the best hostel i have been in my whole european trip. The staff is so friendly, they make you feel like if you are family, and the hostel itself is cozy and has this great atmosphere. If you feel like changing from all this soulless hostels, you can run there with closed eyes , a must !!

Initially regretted the distance of the hostel from Alexanderplatz (15mins on tram m5), however, getting there I was glad I chose to stay in this hostel. The vibe of the hostel, staff, neighbourhood, guests (crazy mixture of different type of people - Hippy French & Austrian guys, spiritual Portugese guy, weird Israeli party girl, etc.) were reminiscent of the cultured vibe of Berlin, something which I loved! Lifelong memories of the chats with Michael (the owner) and Marcul. Shola from Dublin.

• 21st Aug 2014

Lovely helpful staff who made us feel at home right away. Nice and brightly decorated. Is a little paradise a short enough distance away from the hustle and bustle of central Berlin. There was a nice sense of community between the people staying.

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel. It has such a homey and relaxed feel to it, but can also be a great place to party. The open courtyard, kitchen, and living area are great places to hangout and meet people. You won't regret staying here.

This hostel is awesome! I felt super compfy from the beginning on. The rooms are beautiful and the hangout area is perfect. Since it's nice to hang out and also not too big it is very easy to meet people here. Staff is very nice. If you like a hippieish atmosphere you will love it

• 18th Aug 2014

This is a fantastic place if you're open minded to alternative housing and don't care too much about being in the city center, as you'd need some commuting to get there (which is probably one of the reasons why I liked the location so much) The staff was very nice and friendly, and even though I didn't really take my time to share with guests that much, I reckon the atmosphere was nice and fresh, specially in the evening hours.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I am so happy I chose precisely this hostel for my 5-day trip in Berlin! The best thing about it is lots of space (spacious rooms, yard, outdoor kitchen) and very warm and welcome atmosphere. Great opportunity to meet other travelers and share some stories and fine moments together. Also there's opportunity to rent a bike only for 6 Euros per day. In regards of location, yes, it is a bit further from city centre (Mitte), but only 20 minutes away by a tram, which was no problem for me at all.

Had a good stay, a great little base for a visit to berlin. Bike hire was particularly good value and staff very friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3