Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

Been here before. Enjoyed it then and still do. Owner managed to fit me into a room for a further 2 nights in spite of the dorms being busy

I was really happy I found this hostel, it was exactly what I needed at this point in my trip: somewhere quiet, friendly, chilled out, with a lovely outdoor / garden setting ( free range chickens and apple trees!) I had been afraid it would be a bit far away from attractions (theres not a lot really close to the hostel) but there is a bus to Alexanderplatz every 10 mins. The host Michael is lovely; best bathroom I've had in a while (big!), nice beds with bed lamps and power points,

Great neighbourhood outside of the crazy centre. Super easy to use transit to get back and forth and staff are very generous. This place definitely attracts an awesome crowd! Loved it.

Very cool East German hostel. It's in an old run down complex, but they've done a good job of turning it into a hostel. Staff is one of the best I've ever had (I've been traveling for 2 months now), atmosphere is great because of the outdoor kitchen / hangout area (don't worry, the whole thing has a roof over it), and the whole place gets cleaned everyday. The location is a bit out of the city, but it's right on the M5 tramline, so getting to town wasn't a problem

A little bit further from the city center but worth it! The 24 hour tram line is just down the block. Very good environment, loved the outdoor courtyard and kitchen, great place to hang out and meet people. We found it a bit sketchy from the outside at first as we walked up to the gate, but there was no need to worry. Great helpful staff and an awesome atmosphere.

• 16th Jul 2013

Just awesome

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Turkey

Nice hippie looking hostel! Really good!

• 11th Jul 2013

This place was awesome! My friend and i have been traveling through continental europe and this was my favorite place we stayed. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and it was great value for our money. I would absolutely stay here again if I came back to Berlin.

Awesome if you dig an alternative vibe & don't mind being outside of the center. Charming rooms, great for the price and the guys running it are friendly, helpful and genuinely care about the comfort of their guests. Comfortable beds & super chilled out. The tram can take quite a while depending on traffic (sometimes almost half an hour) so keep it in mind if when you need to catch a train on time. Only thing is someone stole my food but that's not a problem with Sandino more hostels in general.

Our dorm was in a building behind the main hostel, and it was more than satisfactory to stay in. It had hot showers (which were either very hot or cold), a small kitchen and a small bathroom. Our beds were comfy and the room was spacious. The hostel itself was only a few minutes walk from Wenceslas Square, and also right next to a metro station, so the location was brilliant!

I don't believe that you speak about the Sandinohostel. Our location is by far not a well as our atmosphere. And we are also not a few minutes walk from Wenceslas Square wich exists in prague not in berlin. And we also have no building behind the main hostel. And we have no metro station. Hope you can change your opinion.

Best hostel ever!! Had a great time, really nice people and a nice atmosphere.

Great hostel in an unusual place with lovely people )

This is now the best hostel for me, not the luxury one but the homely cozy place to stay. Me and my bf stay here in a double tent, and every morning we wake up with actual rusters singing around, which is a really nice and interesting experience. and the people there are all willing to help you :-)

This hostel is great. Everything clean and perfect.. Great vibe, cool people, lovely chickens walking around. go stay here

I loved this hostel. It's beautiful, has a great chilled out atmosphere, and the owner is a really nice guy (he even offered to help with my cold). Sure, it's a little bit far from some important areas, but Berlin is huge and you would have to get public transport anyway to visit everything. The best part was the bed, which was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. One problem: they have a rooster that likes to "sing" in the morning. It didn't bother me much, but late sleepers, beware!

Best hostel staff I've ever seen. Highly recommended. Location is also great its 15 mins with tram to Alexanderplatz. Hostel itself is also really beautiful, especially having a kitchen in the garden.

I like here very much ane met some nice people :) especially the staff here are so friendly! you'll really feel at home during your stay here.

Amazing hostel, loved our room and all the facilities, very friendly owner thanks a lot!

• 24th Jun 2013

Great place, the tram gets you to center of Berlin in 10 minutes. The atmosphere is great the rooms and the toilets are clean with hot water in the shower. Great stuff, lovely old (but well maintained) building. Should've stayed longer.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Israel

Had a wonderful time! The atmosphere was great, the people extremely friendly, the facilities well kept. It was also an easy tram-ride away from Alexanderplatz, but far enough away from the city such that there was a bit of quiet. The hostel also had cheap beer to purchase and low-cost bikes to rent for the day. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2013