Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

This hostel is an awesome place! The atmosphere is great, and the rooms are very nice! There is also a great outdoor area to hang out. Everything is clean, and the staff were super friendly and helpful! I only stayed one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer!

Sandino is a perfect place to chill out and meet awesome people. The rooms, showers etc. are big, there are lockers, free wi-fi, ping pong table in the yard and everything. You can get to Alexanderplatz with one tram without changes, but some other important places require one or two changes. The neighborhood is cheap and there are a couple of small lakes nearby. Definitely recommended.

I Have to hand it to Michael he has completely transformed this old derelict building into a beautiful place to spend time, sleep, meet interesting people, read a book or have a beer. I loved my time at Sandino, and have already been back twice. You will be missing out if you don't get to stay here.

Awesome hostel with amazing atmosphere in Berlin! Staff is just great, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious. The huge outdoor kitchen and living room are one of a kind and invite getting to know others. This place is a sanctuary in the heart of the capital city! I would definitely stay here again.

I had a great time! Sleeping in a tent in Berlin is awesome. I really liked the atmosphere and the garden of the hostel. The staff was very kind and helpfull. The bathrooms were clean and nice. I also really liked their folder with what to do in Berlin! Thanks again for everything, if I go back to Berlin in summer I'll definitely go back to your place!

They have already done so much work and it's gonna be even better. Such a nice environment. Great place to stay for at least a week and just relax.

My time there was not anything remarkable to be honest but that's always depending on the people you meet so... The place itselfwas pretty awesome though, owner and staff were reallly keen on helping out with everything and the place itself is nicely made and quite relaxing even if the location is not so good. Altogether my feeling is you should go there if you have more than a couple of days in Berlin.

Fair way out which was annoying but the overall set up of the hostel was quite good. There is a lot of potential for this to become a great hostel - we may have been unlucky with the people who were staying here with us.

That our hostel is not a downtown hostel you could have known before you booked. Also you could have known that we are a community for grown up people not a partyhouse for youngsters. It's a pitty that there is not possibility to review guests because there were so many complains about you and the inconsiderate noise you made during the night silence.

Mike was great and very helpful. Great atmosphere. Only an hour or so walk from the centre, plus cheap bike rentals. Overall excellent stay.

Its was very nice! Great people and the staff was very helpful. Me and my friend slept in the tent and was offered extra blankets if it was too cold. My only discomfort was the bathroom it wasn't dirty it just had an odor. Some febreze air freshener and leaving the window open from time to time would help greatly.

• 20th Jun 2014

I'm basing this review on my experience there for 1 night. I didn't feel that the other people there were friendly, the hostel was extremely quiet. Everyone kept to themselves. Staff was absolutely amazing; they were friendly and helpful. The shower was hot for about 2 minutes, and then became freezing the rest of the time; horrible experience. The wifi was good, and was available in the room. It's pretty far from the city centre. It's not close to any bars/restaurants (that I know).

You had cold water because you have not opend the tap properly. The warm water heater starts only after a certain point of open it. Our hostel attrackts mostly matured people that are reflected, interested in other people and their enviroment. Many of them contribute to our community in their own way. I would say most of my guests are an enrichement for us and our house. Perhaps you should look at that this way: The people around you are a mirror of your own radiation. Smile and they smile too

This place is sooo great, stayed for four nights in the twelve bed room met some really great people both travelers and staff and had a good time drinking some biers and watching soccer on their big tv in the open air common room. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm back in Berlin

Nice staff