Sandino Worldimprovement Network Reviews

Sandinostrasse 5, Berlin, Germany

I Have to hand it to Michael he has completely transformed this old derelict building into a beautiful place to spend time, sleep, meet interesting people, read a book or have a beer. I loved my time at Sandino, and have already been back twice. You will be missing out if you don't get to stay here.

Awesome hostel with amazing atmosphere in Berlin! Staff is just great, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious. The huge outdoor kitchen and living room are one of a kind and invite getting to know others. This place is a sanctuary in the heart of the capital city! I would definitely stay here again.

I had a great time! Sleeping in a tent in Berlin is awesome. I really liked the atmosphere and the garden of the hostel. The staff was very kind and helpfull. The bathrooms were clean and nice. I also really liked their folder with what to do in Berlin! Thanks again for everything, if I go back to Berlin in summer I'll definitely go back to your place!

They have already done so much work and it's gonna be even better. Such a nice environment. Great place to stay for at least a week and just relax.

Fair way out which was annoying but the overall set up of the hostel was quite good. There is a lot of potential for this to become a great hostel - we may have been unlucky with the people who were staying here with us.

That our hostel is not a downtown hostel you could have known before you booked. Also you could have known that we are a community for grown up people not a partyhouse for youngsters. It's a pitty that there is not possibility to review guests because there were so many complains about you and the inconsiderate noise you made during the night silence.

Mike was great and very helpful. Great atmosphere. Only an hour or so walk from the centre, plus cheap bike rentals. Overall excellent stay.

Its was very nice! Great people and the staff was very helpful. Me and my friend slept in the tent and was offered extra blankets if it was too cold. My only discomfort was the bathroom it wasn't dirty it just had an odor. Some febreze air freshener and leaving the window open from time to time would help greatly.

• 20th Jun 2014

I'm basing this review on my experience there for 1 night. I didn't feel that the other people there were friendly, the hostel was extremely quiet. Everyone kept to themselves. Staff was absolutely amazing; they were friendly and helpful. The shower was hot for about 2 minutes, and then became freezing the rest of the time; horrible experience. The wifi was good, and was available in the room. It's pretty far from the city centre. It's not close to any bars/restaurants (that I know).

You had cold water because you have not opend the tap properly. The warm water heater starts only after a certain point of open it. Our hostel attrackts mostly matured people that are reflected, interested in other people and their enviroment. Many of them contribute to our community in their own way. I would say most of my guests are an enrichement for us and our house. Perhaps you should look at that this way: The people around you are a mirror of your own radiation. Smile and they smile too

This place is sooo great, stayed for four nights in the twelve bed room met some really great people both travelers and staff and had a good time drinking some biers and watching soccer on their big tv in the open air common room. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm back in Berlin

Nice staff

Excellent! Great staff, location, and environment! :D

This hostel was awesome!! We really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the deluxe tent for one night and in the dorm style room for three. The atmosphere is very relaxing, it was a really nice place to come back to at the end of the day. It is a bit far from the city center but if you give yourself enough time, you can get there by mid-morning walking. Also, the showers can have cold water so be sure to get to them early!

absolutely wonderfull

I stayed here with my girlfriend and we loved it. The owner was really friendly and cool, he helped us out a lot during our stay. He's also successfully made a nice little community and we met people from different walks of life. The hostel was a little further away from the centre, but it's close to public transport. We would highly recommend this place based on its originality and atmosphere.

We had a very nice stay with 7 friends for 4 days at Sandino hostel. The staff is really kind. The place is well organised and very cosy, with even a babyfoot, pingpong table, a barbecue, etc. It's not in the city center but easily reachable by tram and bike. It's a very good value for money.

Far away from the center,but it´s cheap,two night 35€ for double bed room,so it´s worth to stay here,the atmosphere is relax ,many entertainment facilities,just for suggestion,The kitchen is not clean enough which i think is very important,the staff is warm and helpful and the natural surroundings are also good.

I was there for my girlfriend's birthday and even though it was raining, we had a nice time. The staff is very nice and caring. I highly recommend this place. Un lieu de vie alternatif!

• 27th May 2014

Very nice and friendly place, we really enjoyed our stay here. The hostel is clean, rooms are spacious. Staff is really friendly and helpful. There is really lovely garden with chickens, which live in the funniest henhouse we´ve ever saw. We appreciated cheap bike rental. And playing ping pong is the best thing you can do after daylong exploring of Berlin!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed. The atmosphere is friendly, you feel more like you live in a community, rather than a faceless hostel. I made some real friends here. Location is quiet, and just one tram line from the center (Alexanderplatz). Michael, the owner, is one of the best persons, and the two Marcos that work here will be your friends immediately. All in all, I recommend this hostel to anyone who wants some quiet place, but also not far from the centre to visit Berlin!!!

This is a very special place. Michael's commitment to the Hostel is unparalleled, he dedicates his life to this place, and you can feel it. It is a village within the city and being there makes you feel like part of the village. It is clean, quiet, affordable, but more than all of this, it is the kind of place you take with you in your heart. Thank you Sandino-hostel for an incredible and meaningful experience! : )