Sandra's Backpackers Hostel Reviews

24 Princes Street, Caithness, Thurso, Scotland

The woman talked very, very loudly on the phone for a long time. Then she started shouting at the person she had only been yelling at. She didn't seem to take a breath for 15-20 minutes. Doesn't create a good atmosphere. The beds in the room were truly awful.The mattresses were worn through, the frames squeaked, and I don't think anyone in the dorm managed much sleep. There's not much to see and do, so thini carefully about going to Thurso. OK for onr night for a ferry, or LEJOG/JOGLE cyclists

Clean hostel with bike storage in the rear yard (bring a lock though). Had a good museli breakfast included (I think there were other choices as well inc tea/coffee). I would stay there again if in the area. Beware if arriving late on the train as very few places open to eat on a sunday - managed to find some food from the local chinese though!

I took me a few minutes to find the hostel as their "reception" is takeaway shop :). The rest of the hostel is above the shop and the rooms are clean and relatively spacious. The big plus was the kitchen. Good size with lots of appliances to use. Great place for staying when exploring far north of Scotland.

We were only there on a cheap trip up by rail. We enjoyed Thurso and had a couple of good meals and a long walk to Scrabster. For the sort of break we envisaged it was just fine

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

the Hostel was okay was in the double room with en-suite, it was okay and the telly in the lounge was cool plus they had WIFI and free breakfast but it did not look like the cleanest hostel that I have ever stayed in ???

Friendly staff, free breakfast, and easy to find. Also, quite close to several restaurants and take-away places, and a short walk from the beach.

The Hostel in general was fine. I stayed in 4/5 bedroom dorm and with 2 of us with our gear, the room already began to look full. 3 might be adequate but 4 and 5 would be problematic. It's too small a room. James the guy who ran it looked after us well A good guy.