Sandrock Holiday Hostel Reviews

Port Ronan, Malin Head, Inishowen Peninsula, Donegal, Ireland

Much better than I expected, in fact I enjoyed my short stay much more than had I stayed in a bed and breakfast or hotel, at a fraction of the price. The facilities were first class and the owners were very helpfull and friendly.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 41+

It was one of the most wonderful short holidays I've ever had. Rodney and Margaret made me very welcome, the view was spectacular and the weather amazing (they had nothing to do with that, I suppose). The hostel was a delight, with great cooking facilities. I couldn't recommend it warmly enough.

• 21st Jun 2014

nice property with a stunning view. good facilities and super friendly staff.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Sandrock hostel is the definition of perfection. The landscapes surrounding it are breath-taking, the hostel is clean, warm and inviting, and the managers- Rodney

Tranquility in a beautiful location. A great placee to relax for a few days.

I wish I could have stayed longer. The location is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean and the showers hot. There is also great attention paid to the responsible use of resources like water and electricity. The view from the windows is spectacular. Another plus is the nearby pubs, one which has been owned and operated by the same family since 1825. Good Guinness at a fair price. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Other than the showers being not baking hot and a little low in power, everything was absolutely amazingly fantastic. Top class hostel and hospitality :)

Fantastic location, spacious dorms, well equipped kitchen and greeted with tea and biscuits.

Lovely hostel, the charm of a b&b with the price of a cheap hostel ! Amazing view from the living room and great location to visit the northest point of Ireland ...and eat lobster.