Sandrock Holiday Hostel Reviews

Port Ronan, Malin Head, Inishowen Peninsula, Donegal, Ireland

wonderful place and magical atmosphere.

The hosts are lovely. Really helpful and eager to point you in the right direction with advice and local knowledge. The hostel is also situated in one of the most beautiful locations I've ever been to. I'd happily visit again.

The best Hostel I've ever been in. Extremly clean kitchen and bathrooms, very familiar athmosphere, great location.

very good hostel in a beautiful place. i met amasing people. the only problem is the showers that are just not practical.

• 13th Aug 2015

Thank you for the stay I spent a wonderful week there, perfect place to relax for a while when your travelling from city to city and want to escale the hustle and bustle!

It wasn't easy to get there but it was worth the long journey. It really felt like home with the lovely sitting room and the kitchen. You look out the window and you just wonder how is that possible to live in such a beautiful place. I fell in love with the hostel and Malin Head in the exact moment I first looked at it. And Rodney was so helpful, he gave me a map and told me everything about the place. Don't miss out going there, if you have a chance! Malin Head is the most beautiful place ever

The Sandrock Hostel is a real gem of the isle:-) I have stayed here a few times both as a solo traveller and with my and we both agree that it is a fantastic place! The owners Margaret and Rodney keep the hostel spotless and it is full of local historical from books and papers,the kitchen is well stocked with utensils nd you can your dinner or coffee looking out at one of the best coastal views you will ever see:-)Margaret and Rodney really spoil you with a warm welcome and lot of helpful info

Rodney and Margaret are so wonderful! They provide a sanctuary for wayward travelers at an extremely affordable price. Many travelers stayed an extra three nights they were so in love. Sandrock and Malin Head create a siren's song that makes you want to never leave. Plus the view is too spectacular to put into words

Lovely welcome of a tin of biscuits and a pot of tea, and extensive information on the area.

It was a very special place! Everything was on top. It has an extraordinary vue of the Atlantic nearby, Rodney and Margareth were polite and caring, and everything was the best you can get, if you are going for nature and irish hospitality. A bit difficult to get there by bus, - get help and explanation from the tourist office in Derry. It can be done!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Great holiday in a very friendly hostel. Rodney and Margaret were exceptional hosts and hostel was amazing value for money.

Beautiful position and views - helpful owner

No regrets. Summer would be better. Bought lobsters from Charlie for only €20 /kg.

• 19th May 2015

Great hosts and beautiful hostel. We enjoyed our stay, thank you so much!

I had a perfect stay at Malin Head. Lovely small hostel with a stunning view, nice hosts who welcome you with coffee/ tea and biscuits. The perfect place to calm down a little bit and rest in the quiet living room while watching the waves and clouds. 10/10 When I come back to Co. Donegal I will visit you again!

Very happy with my stay at the hostel, couldn't fault it in any way. Rodney was very friendly and welcoming. I will be back!

• 8th May 2015

I think this is probably the best small hostel I know. The owners seem to have thought of everything that will make a stay enjoyable and interesting. For wildlife watching it is a superb base. I will be back.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Prime location right at the beach near Ireland's most northerly point. Nice clean interior, with panoramic view of the sea from form room. Plus Rodney and Margaret are very nice hosts.

This hostel is just unbelievable..i felt home from the very first second. Rodney and his wife were so lovely and gave us perfect instructions to discover their little island. It is just the perfect place to calm down..it was the best hostel I've ever been.

Great Place to explore Inishowen!

• 30th Mar 2015