Sandrock Holiday Hostel Reviews

Port Ronan, Malin Head, Inishowen Peninsula, Donegal, Ireland

Wonderful atmosphere, Rodney is an excellent host, he gave us lots of good advice and conversations. The hostel is very well organized, well equiped, cozy and confortable. The view from the window is amazing! One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in!

This is by far and away the best hostel I have every stayed in. The owners are so friendly and helpful, there was even a cup of tea on our arrival! Spectacular views from the living room, and the hostel is full of information on the area which the owners have compiled. It was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was very well equipped. Also fantastic value for money. We will definitely be going back!

Staff is very helpful and location is brilliant just next to shore at Malin head.. There is a beautiful panoramic view of the shore right from the living room.. Would definitely recommend!! :-)

Probably the most beautiful hostel in Ireland.

I wish I could have stayed longer at Sandrock Holiday Hostel. Great location and lovely owners, that even greet you with tea and biscuits. On top you get heaps of information on the area. For its fair price, the awesome view, well equipped kitchen and comfortable common room I highly recommend this hostel.

We really enjoyed our stay in Sandrock hostel. Great atmosphere, facilities and location. The owners were kind and helpful.

Much better than I expected, in fact I enjoyed my short stay much more than had I stayed in a bed and breakfast or hotel, at a fraction of the price. The facilities were first class and the owners were very helpfull and friendly.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 41+

It was one of the most wonderful short holidays I've ever had. Rodney and Margaret made me very welcome, the view was spectacular and the weather amazing (they had nothing to do with that, I suppose). The hostel was a delight, with great cooking facilities. I couldn't recommend it warmly enough.

• 21st Jun 2014

nice property with a stunning view. good facilities and super friendly staff.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Sandrock hostel is the definition of perfection. The landscapes surrounding it are breath-taking, the hostel is clean, warm and inviting, and the managers- Rodney

Tranquility in a beautiful location. A great placee to relax for a few days.

I wish I could have stayed longer. The location is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean and the showers hot. There is also great attention paid to the responsible use of resources like water and electricity. The view from the windows is spectacular. Another plus is the nearby pubs, one which has been owned and operated by the same family since 1825. Good Guinness at a fair price. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Other than the showers being not baking hot and a little low in power, everything was absolutely amazingly fantastic. Top class hostel and hospitality :)

Fantastic location, spacious dorms, well equipped kitchen and greeted with tea and biscuits.

Lovely hostel, the charm of a b&b with the price of a cheap hostel ! Amazing view from the living room and great location to visit the northest point of Ireland ...and eat lobster.

It is the best hostel I ever been! No words to describe how perfect it is!

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Venezuela

Genuine hospitality, coziness, and comfort await you here at Sandrock Holiday Hostel. Margaret and Rodney always welcome guests with a pot of tea and biscuits. The hostel itself is very well equipped, and a gorgeous "Wood Stanley" stove adds real homeliness to the cozy ambience. The sea view is to die for gorgeous, making this hostel the ideal place to 'get away from it all'. Great walks abound also, and the fresh sea air will do you the world of good! Very highly recommended!

Very nice, the owners are both wonderful, very peaceful and beautiful breath taking views , would recommend to all ages!

• 20th Sep 2013

Lovely stay, stunning location. Rodney and Margaret excellent hosts.

One of the few hostels where I actually found other visitors willing to interact. We had some fun with some people who were trying to cook a lobster. Our host was incredibly helpful. He gave us a hand-drawn (but very accurate!) map of Malin Head and showed us which way we should drive and where we should stop for maximum sightseeing. Wish we'd been able to stay longer.

• 8th Aug 2013