Sandrock Holiday Hostel Reviews

Port Ronan, Malin Head, Inishowen Peninsula, Donegal, Ireland

Hostel is beatiful, espacially kitchen. It was definetely best place during our trip in Ireland.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Poland

This place is a little corner of heaven on the edge or Ireland. The view of the ocean from the living room and one of the bedrooms is absolutely fantastic. You could not find better host, all the recommendations and little stories about previous visitors. The place is very homey and I will definitely go back to stay a little longer !

Amazing place to spend relaxing days at the Ireland's northest point. Unique view on the sea from the living room and if you are lucky... aurora and basking sharks!

Great hostel overlooking the beach. The owners are a family who live on the site and they were incredibly friendly and helpful - we even got a complimentary cup of tea and biscuits on arrival and sat enjoying it at the bay window looking out onto the sea. This hostel feels more like a home than a hostel. It's a place to linger for a few days if you have time and enjoy the local surrounds. Everything was clean and tidy but internet is slow. I have a great visit and would love to go back one day.

Wonderful atmosphere, Rodney is an excellent host, he gave us lots of good advice and conversations. The hostel is very well organized, well equiped, cozy and confortable. The view from the window is amazing! One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in!

This is by far and away the best hostel I have every stayed in. The owners are so friendly and helpful, there was even a cup of tea on our arrival! Spectacular views from the living room, and the hostel is full of information on the area which the owners have compiled. It was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was very well equipped. Also fantastic value for money. We will definitely be going back!

Staff is very helpful and location is brilliant just next to shore at Malin head.. There is a beautiful panoramic view of the shore right from the living room.. Would definitely recommend!! :-)

Probably the most beautiful hostel in Ireland.

I wish I could have stayed longer at Sandrock Holiday Hostel. Great location and lovely owners, that even greet you with tea and biscuits. On top you get heaps of information on the area. For its fair price, the awesome view, well equipped kitchen and comfortable common room I highly recommend this hostel.

We really enjoyed our stay in Sandrock hostel. Great atmosphere, facilities and location. The owners were kind and helpful.

Sandrock hostel was like a time capsule, a magical place. We wish we could have stayed longer!

Much better than I expected, in fact I enjoyed my short stay much more than had I stayed in a bed and breakfast or hotel, at a fraction of the price. The facilities were first class and the owners were very helpfull and friendly.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 41+

It was one of the most wonderful short holidays I've ever had. Rodney and Margaret made me very welcome, the view was spectacular and the weather amazing (they had nothing to do with that, I suppose). The hostel was a delight, with great cooking facilities. I couldn't recommend it warmly enough.

• 21st Jun 2014

nice property with a stunning view. good facilities and super friendly staff.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Sandrock hostel is the definition of perfection. The landscapes surrounding it are breath-taking, the hostel is clean, warm and inviting, and the managers- Rodney

Tranquility in a beautiful location. A great placee to relax for a few days.

I wish I could have stayed longer. The location is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean and the showers hot. There is also great attention paid to the responsible use of resources like water and electricity. The view from the windows is spectacular. Another plus is the nearby pubs, one which has been owned and operated by the same family since 1825. Good Guinness at a fair price. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Other than the showers being not baking hot and a little low in power, everything was absolutely amazingly fantastic. Top class hostel and hospitality :)

Fantastic location, spacious dorms, well equipped kitchen and greeted with tea and biscuits.

Lovely hostel, the charm of a b&b with the price of a cheap hostel ! Amazing view from the living room and great location to visit the northest point of Ireland ...and eat lobster.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7