Sandy Hostel

8.7
Fabulous 866 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

Lovely owner - very welcoming and helpful with really good English! Initially hard to find (just a door on the street) and looks a bit odd until you go up to the actual hostel which is cosy and clean and lovely. No shared area - it's effectively just one corridor - but that didn't matter for us as I was already with someone. Only 7 mins from the station! Good wifi, towels and clean bathrooms. Perhaps a bit hot at night with only a fan and no AC but that's Rome for you!

15th Jul 2017

Not your typical hostel, so don't expect commons areas like a kitchen, for example. Csilla is a fantastic host, very commited to her work! Wi-fi works properly, location is A+, beds are comfortable. I only stayed one night and was quite happy with my choice as I needed to be near Rome's Termini. I recommend if you are looking for a very quiet place to stay :)

• ValerieNolette
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2017

Great little place! A bit weird, but you'll get used to it. Worth its price.

9th Jul 2017
5.7

Only good thing is location. The rooms are insanely hot in the summer and only one small fan in the room, which was not enough. I woke up several times per night drenched in sweat & started taking showers at 2 am just to cool off. Perhaps Sandy Hostel would be better in milder months (early May, late Sept), but I would NOT recommend staying here in summer. Find a hostel with sufficient fans! Atmosphere is weird so only stay here with friends- you won't meet anyone outside the room.

17th Jun 2017

The Sandy hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great, right next to St. Maria Maggiore. There were plenty of fans to keep us cool. The room was quiet and great for the price. I really enjoyed my stay.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

The owner and her friend helping her were FANTASTIC! It was my first time abroad on my own and their hospitality and helpfulness made my stay very comforting. The hostel room/bathroom/toilets were all very well kempt, the rooms were nice, beds super comfy, and the closets came with locks [which was great since i didn't have my own.] Location was good [I was nervous that night time in that area would be a bit sketch, but it was very alive] and I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting Rome!

27th May 2017
6.6

Top marks for location, the rest was sorta strange...although lady who showed me around was lovely, I just felt the whole set up was a bit, errrrr unique? Roomy but didn't feel like a hostel, more like a bunch of random rooms that weren't set up properly. Also no common room, so hard to meet people travelling solo (like I was) I switched hostels the next day, cause the odd vibes....Not the cleanest either! But bonus points, we got to leave our bags there all day with no issue!

24th May 2017

You choose this Hostel mainly for the proximity to the main attractions and the Termini station. I would've like a common space and/or a kitchen. Really appreciated the maps and the explanations about what to do in Rome that the lady gave us. Overall it was nice staying there.

• Australia, Female, 41+
23rd May 2017

Initially disappointed as no staff at hostel but that was finally sorted. Ended up ok. No kitchen or common area which wasn't great because you had to use your bedroom. Out most of the time so for me not a huge issue but would have liked common area.

• Slovenia, Female, 31-40
4th May 2017

I really liked the place, would stay there again. She was super nice and appartment has a great location. As it is small and intimate you instantly feel like at home.