Sandy Hostel Reviews

Via Cavour 136, 00184 - Roma, Rome, Italy

The place is very hard to find even when you are standing out the front. No signage! Advertised with AC- is actually a fan which when every room uses trips the power, in turn not working at all. Showers have no hot water. Staff was very helpful with directions and advice although when recommended to do organised pub crawl, everyone was pickpocketed! DO NOT DO!

Cheap, central and clean. You get a key so you can come in and out 24/7. The staff is friendly. But it's just a place to sleep, not really for socializing as there is no common room or special atmosphere. No A/C either. If you want somewhere cheap and central this might be it.

This place is great for a safe stay. Its location is excellent. However, there was NO hot water during our stay. None. We had to shower in ICE cold water. The hostel staff seemed helpful at first but was nowhere to be seen when we wanted to complain about this. I'm starting to think this is intentional because this is a complaint in numerous reviews. STILL no fix. Also, try to clean the dust off the fan in our room. It was filthy. Overpriced for a bed and a cold shower.

Staff was very helpful and the location is perfect. A few blocks from Santa Maria Maggiore and very close to the colosseum. It was hot because the time of year I went and there was no AC, no fans are provided. The water was also ice cold. Besides that good value.

The hostel itself is alright. Not bad but only some of the rooms have AC and while I was there, there was an issue with the hot water but it was summer in Rome so it felt great! Ciella was absolutely amazing tho! O friendly and accommodating. I accidentally booked short a night and she found me a room that had AC and an ensuite for only €5 extra if what I paid when I reserved months in advance! So awesome! Definitely would stay here again just because of her!

I'm a 20 year old girl and stayed in Rome by myself when it happened to be 37 degrees, and I had a top bunk with no fans or air conditioning!! It's very basic but if you spend all day out like I did the location is great. Bathroom facilities were very basic, thank goodness I didn't want a hot shower because there was no hot water, and the kitchen was a fridge. I'm glad Rome was so impressive and I didn't spend much time at the hostel!

• 13th Jul 2015

Great stay. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, the room was a short walk to everything and we loved that they had air conditioning. The restaurant Roma 1 right downstairs was also amazing!!

Very friendly staff, gave us great advice on where to go and places to eat. Hostel is in a great location, only a 5 minute walk from the Coliseum.

The staff at the hostel are awesome. But you have to walk up a huge flight of stairs. The room did not have air conditioning and a fan does not cut it in the summer months. Just 1 shower bathroom for all the rooms. And there was no hot water for any of our showers. No events held during the stay. Location was good being easily accessible to train station.

It was an okay hostel, the only down side I got the room with only fans, it was really hot other then that everything was great, clean staff was super friendly and nice

I really enjoyed Sandy hostel. The staff were very helpful and gave great advice in terms of where to go and restaurants and such. There was only one shower, but I never had an issue. Also the elevator cost money, so it was a hard trek up to the fifth floor with all my bags. Otherwise, though, it was a great location and everyone was very friendly.

Great location. This place is a 5minute walk from the main train station, about 10 to the Colosseum, and everything else is a few more steps from there. The cafes just around the front door were all wonderful, and anyone in the area was a pleasure to interact with. There isn`t a sign for the hostel however, so i had to find it´s location with the intercom buzzer system beside the door. Having lockout from 11-2:30 is also weird; no dropping bags off or grabbing more sunscreen.

• 24th Jun 2015

Terrible hostel, unclean, no toilet paper, no hook for the shower. One bathroom in entire hostel (for over 12 people) with shower and toilet together. No reception desk so couldnt figure out how to get a cab for an early morning flight. Wi-fi didnt work and no towel rental like you expect. Overall id rate this 2/10

• 13th Jun 2015

Good location, very clean. But wifi stopped working after 1st night and wasn't fixed. Also, there was no hot water for the shower

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This place is fine if you are just looking for a bed and nothing else. Showers were cold, there's no common area, and there is only one shower in the whole place. But, it's in a great location and the staff if very helpful.

The guy who dealt with us was amazing, he was so welcoming and was clearly trying really hard at his job. Unfortunately we'd been moved as they were overbooked. We booked a six bed dorm and were given a private double which was nice but it was in a bit of a dodgy back building which didn't feel very secure and the facilities didn't feel very clean or adept. It is right in the centre of Rome though, a few minutes walk from the station.

I only spent one night, but I found everything I needed : clean bed and shower. I loved the tenant : so welcoming

• 30th May 2015

Small hostel. Only one shower. Two toilets. Otherwise good. Wifi solid. Clean. Helpful tips from staff.

Perfect location; we could walk everywhere within 30minutes (minus the vatican but the metro is right there and cheap). We booked a 6 bed dorm and they gave us a private 3 bed for the 3 of us which was awesome. No kitchen but there was a fridge and kettle. Two grocery stores within walking distance. Wifi was decent and staff were very friendly. Would stay here again!

Location is great. Short walk from train station and short walk to many sights. Staff was friendly and helpful. No extra frills with this hostel, but it is a safe, clean, and cozy place to stay.