Sandy Hostel Reviews

Via Cavour 136, 00184 - Roma, Rome, Italy

Terrible hostel, unclean, no toilet paper, no hook for the shower. One bathroom in entire hostel (for over 12 people) with shower and toilet together. No reception desk so couldnt figure out how to get a cab for an early morning flight. Wi-fi didnt work and no towel rental like you expect. Overall id rate this 2/10

• 13th Jun 2015

Good location, very clean. But wifi stopped working after 1st night and wasn't fixed. Also, there was no hot water for the shower

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This place is fine if you are just looking for a bed and nothing else. Showers were cold, there's no common area, and there is only one shower in the whole place. But, it's in a great location and the staff if very helpful.

The guy who dealt with us was amazing, he was so welcoming and was clearly trying really hard at his job. Unfortunately we'd been moved as they were overbooked. We booked a six bed dorm and were given a private double which was nice but it was in a bit of a dodgy back building which didn't feel very secure and the facilities didn't feel very clean or adept. It is right in the centre of Rome though, a few minutes walk from the station.

I only spent one night, but I found everything I needed : clean bed and shower. I loved the tenant : so welcoming

• 30th May 2015

Small hostel. Only one shower. Two toilets. Otherwise good. Wifi solid. Clean. Helpful tips from staff.

Perfect location; we could walk everywhere within 30minutes (minus the vatican but the metro is right there and cheap). We booked a 6 bed dorm and they gave us a private 3 bed for the 3 of us which was awesome. No kitchen but there was a fridge and kettle. Two grocery stores within walking distance. Wifi was decent and staff were very friendly. Would stay here again!

Location is great. Short walk from train station and short walk to many sights. Staff was friendly and helpful. No extra frills with this hostel, but it is a safe, clean, and cozy place to stay.

Security: to get into your room you have to go through 3 locked doors. You and your hostel mates will be the only ones getting in there. Location: this is located right around the corner from the coliseum and the Roman forum. It's also about 2 blocks away from Termini (the train station you can use to get ANYWHERE in the city for only 1.5 Euro. Staff: Incredibly helpful and even hooked it up with an extra night for €25. You really can't ask for a better place to stay for the price.

• 17th May 2015

This hostel is located in a really busy street and the colosseum is just a few mins walk, so the location is great. The hostel itself was fine as a place to sleep but wasn't very sociable. I don't know his name but the staff member that checked us in and showed us around was really nice and helpful. I would stay here again!

The hostel is in a great location. Things to remember is that there is no kitchen, city tax needs to be paid at arrival and you have to walk up four flights of stairs to get to the hostel. On the positive side. Beds where comfy, staff was great as he told me where to go and cheap eating places!. Four set of keys to get into the building so you don't have to worry to much about people stealing your stuff. Ps its Rome, you are barely going to spend any time in the hostel anyways.

AWFUL BOOKING SERVICE. STUFF DID NOT KEEP OUR RESERVATION AS THE GIRL IN THE RECEPTION WAS CLAIMING THAT WE WERE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE IN THE MORNING AND AFTER 3 HOURS SHE WAS WAITING SHE GAVE THE ROOM. HOWEVER WE HAD THE EMAIL CONFIRMING THAT OUR ARRIVAL WAS SCHEDULED AT 10 O'CLOCK IN THE NIGHT. TO OUR SURPRISE WE LEFT WITH NO ROOM AND NO HELP SO WE HAD TO SEARCH FOR ANOTHER HOSTEL IN AN UNKHNON CITY DURING THE NIGHT. OF COURDE I WAS GIVEN BACK MY PREPAYMENT BUT IT WAS DISAPPOINTING.STAY AWAY

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Greece

the hostel's staff was so good, so friendly. the hostel is in average. not many facilities in the room ex. hair dryer, towel,microwave. but in room nr.9 there are many facilities in this room so hair dryer, microwave, fridge.

There wasn't any signs for the hostel, just a name badge on the buzzer. The door to the street stayed open

• 2nd Apr 2015

If I come back to Rome, I will definitely stay here! Check in was easy. Location is perfect!! And the rooms were clean with comfortable beds. Ivan and Chilla were incredibly kind, and let me keep my stuff there for an extra day so I didn't have to carry it around with me after checking out!

The private room was fine and they had it cleaned as soon as we got there. The location was great, near the train station. But the bathroom was filthy. They said they cleaned it but there was dirt all over the shower floor. And the water was cold the whole time we were there. And the only time we spoke to any staff was when we arrived, they were no where to be found the rest of the time.

Cold showers sometimes snd no common area, but awesome location, really clean and awesome staff.

This is a small hostel with 6 rooms. Minimum facilities. Very good wifi. Near with Roma Termini train station and also with other sights such as Colosseum, Roman Forum.

The location, the atmosphere is perfect. It's close to Termini station, colosseo and many attractive places in the central district. Also, the staffs are really friendly and kind. I had fantastic time here for a week with them and nice room mates.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Japan

The doors are not very safe. I didn't want to leave anything in the room. The whole check-in and check-out procedure was uncomplicated, but also not very organized. The location is great. Keep in mind, that you have to walk up 6 flights to get to the hostel, which can be exhausting after a day of sightseeing. Also keep in mind, that you have to pay additional 3€ of sleeping tax per night in rome.