Sandy Hostel

Fabulous 856 Total Reviews
Fabulous 856 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

The owner and her friend helping her were FANTASTIC! It was my first time abroad on my own and their hospitality and helpfulness made my stay very comforting. The hostel room/bathroom/toilets were all very well kempt, the rooms were nice, beds super comfy, and the closets came with locks [which was great since i didn't have my own.] Location was good [I was nervous that night time in that area would be a bit sketch, but it was very alive] and I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting Rome!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th May 2017
6.6

Top marks for location, the rest was sorta strange...although lady who showed me around was lovely, I just felt the whole set up was a bit, errrrr unique? Roomy but didn't feel like a hostel, more like a bunch of random rooms that weren't set up properly. Also no common room, so hard to meet people travelling solo (like I was) I switched hostels the next day, cause the odd vibes....Not the cleanest either! But bonus points, we got to leave our bags there all day with no issue!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

You choose this Hostel mainly for the proximity to the main attractions and the Termini station. I would've like a common space and/or a kitchen. Really appreciated the maps and the explanations about what to do in Rome that the lady gave us. Overall it was nice staying there.

• Australia, Female, 41+
23rd May 2017

Initially disappointed as no staff at hostel but that was finally sorted. Ended up ok. No kitchen or common area which wasn't great because you had to use your bedroom. Out most of the time so for me not a huge issue but would have liked common area.

• Slovenia, Female, 31-40
4th May 2017

I really liked the place, would stay there again. She was super nice and appartment has a great location. As it is small and intimate you instantly feel like at home.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
24th Apr 2017

This place's location is PERFECT. First time in Rome and I'm so lucky I chose to stay here. Walking distance to the main station, colosseum, Roman forum, Palatine Hill etc etc. Very nice, lovely area. Super close to the metro (there are only 2 lines in Rome so there's a chance you won't be close to a metro with another hostel). Stay here to get your bearings and to save lots of money by being so close to major must-sees. Great, busy, cheap restaurant close by- La Base.