Sandy Hostel Reviews

Via Cavour 136, 00184 - Roma, Rome, Italy

Great value for money! Excellent location (between Termini train station and Colousseum), clean room and bathroom, nice staff. You will find everything you need (locker, hairdryier, fridge, boiler..) Definitely a great choice! Definitely recommended

• 17th Aug 2014

No communal area, no kitchen to speak of, just a microwave and a fridge. couldn't even find a glass to pour myself a drink into! basically a shared room with ensuite bathroom, but it was clean, and is in a good location, not very far from the colluseum. not good for meeting people, but fine for sleeping in if you are lout and about all day.

The location is nice, but it is up a few flights and the 5 cent elevator is annoying. The staff were reasonably ok but could have been friendlier. There wasn't really a common room to hang out in or anything, but my bedroom was sufficient. Basically, it's a pretty mediocre hostel with a good price and good location.

Basic hostel, but in a great location for the price - 10 minute walk from Rome Termini train station, 15 minute walk from all main monuments, etc. It is hard to find, several floors up in an unmarked apartment building, but clean and serviceable.

• 17th Jul 2014

If you are staying here you will need to bring your own towels. Doorframe was questionable at best. Mattress was worn down on one side. Unfortunately, every room must vacate during middle of the day for cleaning.

• 13th Jul 2014

We stayed for two nights. The place does not has a area where ppl can seat and meat each other. Therefore it is not the right placebo get to know many ppl, however it is the right place to just spend the night. It is cheap but has good location, it is clean and confi.

I've stayed in 4 hostels since my visit to Sandy Hostel and Sandy was the best one. In addition they have a nice staff. Their rooms and toilets were totally clean. Wi-fi works properly. But there is lack of athmosphere. Still Sandy is the best for my friend and me. - Be careful, there is no sign on the the building, hostel name is on the ring bell.

We were lucky to get upgraded to a private double room after booking and paying for a 6 bed mixed dorm. Interesting that it wasn't fully booked in busy summer tourist season. There is no atmosphere here. Lockers are plastic cupboards which don't inspire confidence but it was clean and quiet and staff were friendly and helpful. Kettle, fridge and microwave available for use.

Decent and quiet hostel - slept very well. Facilities are basic (e.g. BYO towel) but the infrastructure works well: showers, fast internet. The hostel doesn't seem to be continuously staffed as I couldn't find anyone when I left, but it's quite easy-going and I could just drop off my keys. In brief, decent value for money, excellent location, good for some overnight stays if you don't intend to meet new people in the hostel (no hang-out place).

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I was greeted by a bored young man, who took me to my room. There was no interaction, and it felt like a business transaction. The rooms were basic cots in a whitewashed bare room. There was no kitchen or common space, so unless you were in your room, you had to go outside.

No kitchen but that didn't bother us we had out own private bathroom in a 3 person room, very happy with hostel would defiantly recommend! Staff are fab!

Although I liked some aspects such as cleanliness, location. I am complaining about the elevator (assenssore) that was out of work on Monday 30 in June. Unfortunatelly I had to carry my luggage for fourth floors.

• 28th Jun 2014

The hostel is in a good location, directly on the Via Cavour, between Termini and the Imperial Forum. It's a very small hostel, with only around a half dozen rooms, and no common area, so you'll generally only have an opportunity to meet those in your dorm if by chance you are there when they are. The room was simple and clean; bedding is provided, towels etc. are not available. Wifi was free and worked fine. I needed a cheap place for just one night, and so for €20, it was good value.

• 20th Jun 2014

It's a really good and friendly hostel. I really recommend it.

I was so scared as I read all the comments and the feedback from everyone.. BUT this HOSTEL is really great, the rooms and utilities are clean, the location is PERFECT, this was one of the best hostel I've stayed in. The only problem is that if you traveling by yourself and you stay for a quite long time there is no common part to meet people but I was traveling for 1 week with two friends and this hostel was just perfect for that occasion !!!!!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

The staff was really really nice. Room was clean. And good location, just 10mins walk from the train station.

Not a social place with commonroom, partying etc, but a great place to crash while exploring Rome. Close to Cavour metro, minimarket and Termini Station. The staff was really nice and helpfull.

It was nice hostel, location is very good betwen Center and Termini. We love there especially worker was so friendly,helpful and smilling. Thank you for evertything.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

This was a really good place to sleep close to both Termini and Cavour metrostation. No common room and not much kitchen-facilities though. I was staying alone in my 3-bed dorm for two out of four nights, which made it feel more like a hotel. The staff was extremely nice. A really good base for exploring Rome, but don't expect a lot of interacting with other travellers.

Small, quiet hostel. Good location, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Staff was friendly and helpful in giving orientation to the city. However not lively or sociable.