Sant Jordi Alberg Reviews

C/ Roger de Lluria 40 1-2, Barcelona, Spain

Overall, an amazing stay. The staff were extremely helpful offering tips on the best places to sightsee and eat around the hostel. The dinners made by Rinaldo were delicious. This hostel had the most social and fun atmosphere of any hostel I've been to, with everyone meeting in the common area for dinners and a nightly pub crawl. I was with a group of friends, but would also definitely recommend the hostel to solo travellers as it's an easy and fun place to meet new people.

Sant Jordi Alberg was just amazing!! The staff are incredibly helpful on arrival and throughout the stay. The people that I met at the hostel made my whole trip! It was my first time travelling alone but I found that I was never actually alone because I met such great people! I loved it so much that I wanted to extend my trip but was too hungover on the morning of my flight that I couldn't go get it arranged! SJA do everything to allow people to mix and make friends :)

• 31st Mar 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

I loved my stay at Sant Jordi Alberg, staying there as a solo traveller I felt welcomed and everyone in the hostel gathered together for dinner and drinks before we headed out for the pub crawl. It was clean and quiet when it should be and they cook amazing dinner and cater for people who are vegetarian whenever they can. Shout out to the staff Daniel, Gabri, Pablo, Oh Renatto, Fernando

Really great hostel! Although it's a party hostel and they have a bar and club event every night, there are strict rules to make living there pleasant. No bringing hookups back, no noise after 11. Super clean, friendly, with large and secure individual lockers in rooms. Be aware, once they take you out to the club you're on your own, but it's easy to get a cab back later.

I loved my stay here! In one week, the staff and my fellow hostel mates felt like an extended family who I was reluctant to leave. This hostel is like a home, you see familiar faces everyday and everyone is so friendly. Love!!

I really had no idea what I was to expect with staying at the hostel. The staff are all very helpful and they want to get to know you. They always introduce new guests as neighbors and it's an easy way to break the ice. The pub crawls happen every night and are a lot of fun. Oh leads the group and one of the better staff members I have met at a hostel. Would go back in a heart beat.

• 24th Mar 2015

Awesome staff, had a really great time staying here. In my opinion it was better than the newer Sant Jordi Rock Palace.

• 21st Mar 2015

Great staff! very friendly and helpful! Great atmosphere!

What a hostel!! Honestly my experience in Barcelona would not have been the same without Sant Jordi! Great location, awesome staff, kitchen stays open 24hours, and every night they have a bar crawl that is just SICK! They also cool dinner for like 4euros and it tastes amazing. Great place for a solo traveler. They take care of you. I would stay there anyday. Shout out to Dani and Renatto for making me feel like home.

I had a fantastic stay at the Sant Jordi Alberg hostel. I have traveled a lot and I have never stayed in a hostel, what a great first time experience. The staff is awesome, you can tell they are well experienced in this hospitality field. They shared a bunch of insight about Barcelona, and even took us all out for free to Sutton Club. (INSANE) Thanks so much to Gabri (glorious beard) and Renato (hipster looking guy). Your help was invaluable and you inspire me to help others.

• 11th Mar 2015

The Best Hostel in Barcelona. Everything is excellent! Clean, well located, great atmosphere, and the guys who work there are awesome! Every night the hostel will arrange somehing to do, from eating Paella all together, to do pub crawls! Would stay again for sure!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Sant Jordi Alberg was amazing! I loved my stay there and the staff is so friendly. Everyone we met was fantastic. From the moment we got there we felt welcomed. There are large common areas where people actually congregate, so it is easy to meet fellow travelers. The nightly pub crawl is fantastic - I had a little too much fun! I'd like to thank Fernando and Pablo for the amazing care and attention they provided. The place was always clean and everyone was so nice.

• 8th Mar 2015

Small rooms, the fotos on the internet of the rooms aren´t taken of the actual rooms!?

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Absolutely love this place. Unbeatable location. Walking distance to many sites like La Ramla, Catalunya, Sagrada Familia. Cheap and good dinner every night ranges 2-4€ (except for veg pasta, I didn't like it) and you get to meet friends during that. Super cool pub crawl and absolutely FREE. Supermarket is just right across. Might be a bit hard to find at first time coz there're no sign. I had amazing time here and didn't wanna leave.

Great hostel with awesome friendly staff. Love the cheap dinners and drinking games. It's sounds like a big party hostel but is quite small actually. During winter when I was there maybe about 10 or so people would head out for the pub crawl every night where you join with the other Jordi hostels.

If you like to party the Spanish way, leaving around midnight and coming back at 5 am then this is a cool hostel. However, if you need somewhere to SLEEP while you're traveling, this is the worst decision you could make. For some reasons it's ok with people to blast repetitive awful techno at 1am and people yelling and drinking in the hallways and common rooms which are adjacent to the rooms where you're supposed to sleep. Worst experience of my life trying to sleep with inconsiderate people.

• 26th Feb 2015

This was the best place I could have landed in for a week in Barcelona. There is such a great community feel, we eat cheap (and delicious) typical Catalan meals and we are all invited to go out to different places every night. I traveled alone yet left with many new friends. All the staff too is incredible, everyone is so friendly, and they give you the best advice about what to do here. Shout out to Gabriele and Estella, staff and friends I will keep in my heart!! Thank you thank you everyone!

• 24th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Everything is so cleannnn. the staff is awesome!!! There are facilities for you to cook and you have your own locker and everything.

• 23rd Feb 2015

The door is way too heavy. People come back at different time in the morning always scare us up, and that happens a couple of times.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

the best hostel i've ever been to. The staff was great and the night life was even better. I had a great experience in Barcelona thank to you guys. The only thing that wasn't great was the lack of breakfast. The best atmosphere in all my Eurotrip.