Sant Jordi Alberg Reviews

C/ Roger de Lluria 40 1-2, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was good... the staff very friendly, specially Pedro and Elisa... they made our experience unforgetble

Good hostel great location

Good hostel. Staff were great. Senor Pescardo! The hostel was fun. Only slight down side was the bar crawl we had to walk so far to an area then all people took a taxi to the beach anyway ...... Great hostel over all. Good security.

Fantastic hostel. Genuinely have nothng negative to say about it. Daniel and Renato were so welcoming and friendly which was great because I was travelling by myself. It's a great environment to meet other peoplepeople and explore Barcelona, especially in the evenings! I'll see you again soon, Zoe x

Sant Jordi Alberg was a wonderful place to stay! The staff is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The first time I stayed here, they allowed me to store my luggage in a secured location while I explored the city. They give you a map when you check-in and are always willing to give you places to check out and directions on how to do so during your stay. The location of the hostel was in walking distance to major shopping hubs, restaurants and the Sagrada Familia.

• 3rd Sep 2015

FANTASTIC! This is the best hostel experience I've had - it's like a party hostel and very social with pre drinking + a free bar-club crawl, however, you can even sleep if you want to! - on our hungover night in we could still use the common room to watch inception from 22:30 (The TV has really good films downloaded). The rooms also have air con. The €3-4 meals are delicious despite their budget price. (tip: they conveniently put the leftovers in the fridge in case of any drunken munchies)

• 2nd Sep 2015

LOVED staying at Sant Jordis! Check in was simple and Daniel was there to greet us with a smile. Bathrooms were clean, AC was working properly, and the rooms have lockers for your belongings. Location is great, and the area is safe. Every night there is a (optional) group dinner, which is a great way of meeting new people before the bar crawl! If anything, come to Sant Jordis for the bar crawl- it was an amazing experience, and a great way to see Barcelona's night life. Can't wait to come back!

• 31st Aug 2015

I had an awesome time at Sant Jordi Alberg. The staff was so welcoming when I first checked in, they are all extremely friendly and want you to have a great stay. The hostel is extremely fun and offers a great atmosphere for travelers. They provide dinner every night which enables everyone to socialize and get to know each other. Plus they offer a free night out every night, which allows you to party with your new friends and enjoy the night life if Barcelona. It's like one big family. Love it

Staff were fantastic from arrival right through to check out. Elisa helped me to make my day in this city so memorable. Thanks for all the tips, my Darling! Can´t wait to be back and see you again soon!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

It was the best hostel where I have ever been! If Elisa is around, talk with her. She´s adorable and super cool. She showed me many amazing spots!!! Cheers!!!

• 30th Aug 2015

It's centrally located which is perfect for walking. The hostel is relatively small so you get to meet most people. There is a pubcrawl organised every night where you meet up with other Sant Jordi Hostels which is good fun and you get entry into clubs for free. The place was really quiet after 11pm if you are looking for an early night

• 29th Aug 2015

The staff were all great (Renatto, Daniel, Elisa, Gabriele etc etc), very helpful, accomodating with booking changes, very friendly too! This was probably the smallest hostel I've stayed in, but it made for a great sense of community and great for meeting other travellers. A lot of nightly events, starting with dinner then a pregame then the pub crawl, during which they bring to great clubs in Barcelona. So much fun! Great location too, near several sights and metro. Definitely Recommend! -Steve

• 28th Aug 2015

Amazing hostel!!! Highly recommend, would stay there again if I come back to Barcelona

As you know the staff are fantastic ,it's interesting to see the albergue grow over the last 45 years, I first ran across this concept ie the foreigner having a holidaty In a place far away from home,,that they could call home 45 years ago on a place and time calked , Camping Fusina ( near Mestre opp Venice) which was wild. Trust me you guys are doing fine. Wild but safe,kind but with rules, young but with mentors Go for it guys Cheers Scott 2015 Barcalon 1972 camping Fusina venic

• 26th Aug 2015

This was an amazing hostel! Centrally located, and also easy to get to the Metro just a few blocks away. If you have a question about sights or directions, just ask the staff who were ALL extremely nice and helpful! Had a lot of good recommendations for local food places, but the nightly dinners were also cheap and delicious. Very clean hostel, big lockers, and computers available for use. Also the nightly pub crawl was very fun! Would most definitely stay again!

• 25th Aug 2015

Enjoyed staying a few nights at Sant Jordi Alberg... had everything you needed and a good vibe for meeting other solo travellers. They have an enormous pub crawl where all the Sant Jordi hostel peeps from around Barcelona gather together + its free! I would say this hostel is a little pricey and 8 bed dorm a little cramped Location is central and safe for a solo female to wander around late at night + close to the metro.

Estela anda Daniel were great!

How this hostel has a 95% rating is beyond me. As soon as we entered Sant Jordi, the vibe we got was very cold. There was no nice welcome or introduction. The washrooms were dirty with chunks of hair in the shower and bathroom floor. The hostel room was dirty with a layer of sand on the floor. The linen was old and dusty, which aggravated my allergies. The beds creaked every time anyone on the bed moved, which disturbed our sleep. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights, but checked out early.

These guys know how to treat their guests.

Was there for two nights. Staff are really nice and helpful and told me a lot about the city. The room was clean and bathrooms also clean. My only problem was staying on the second night the air conditioning unit broke and was spitting out water at me all night. In the morning I woke to a puddle of water on the floor and a wet bag and belongings. The girl at the front desk was lovely and allowed me to wash and dry my clothes but overall this slightly ruined my experience at this hostel :(