Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace Reviews

Carrer Balmes 75, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

I loved the atmosphere of this hostel. The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful, not to mention they take you on a pub crawl every night and are always super energetic and fun! The lounge area was cool because there were several areas to hang out and also a full kitchen if you want to cook instead of eat out. They also provide a cheap dinner and drinks every night which is awesome if you want good food but don't want to spend a lot. The rooftop is nice with a good view of the city.

I had a great experience. I liked the rooms and many of the terraces and patios were gorgeous. It did feel very big though, thankfully I met some people in the kitchen/bar and had a very fun time on the pub crawl. They had made a dinner that night that made a few of us feel a little sick very quickly, but that can really happen anywhere. Not a fan of the key deposit or the showers, as it's very small and the hanging area isn't great. The rooms were cold but quickly addressed. Good overall!

Perfect environment for a barca loner. Hostel puts on an event everyday. Just made everything easy.

• 21st May 2015

This is definitely a party hostel. If you're looking to be around loud, testosterone fuelled bro's... Then this is the place for you. Unfortunately, that's not really what my friend and I were looking for, so maybe it just wasn't the right fit. At one point, one of the hostel reps came into the room to invite us to a beach party saying "there is going to be about 100 of us! If you're lucky, you can get a guy to sell you coke or mdma on the beach!". Not my kind if thing.

One of the best hosstels I've ever been. It's not the cheapest one, but the little extra money is really worth it. There are dinner plans every day (ncluding drinks), the front desk and everyone working there is super firendly and helpful, the gusts are super cool too. Great atmosphere. I'ts near to every important thing from Barcelona. It's really clean and new. Just loved it!! Highly recomended!!!

• 15th May 2015
  • Spain

Arrived at 11pm on a Friday night to loud cheering coming from downstairs and threw my stuff down in my room so I could join the bar crawl about to go out. I met so many cool people! The hostel is literally a palace and my favorite hostel I have EVER stayed at due to the design, friendly staff, activities (like nightly bar crawls), and attracting awesome people. I loved it so much that I missed my flight to Madrid to stay in Barcelona for 2 extra days. I would seriously live there if I could

• 15th May 2015

Amazing experience. Awesome staff, clean bathrooms, comfy beds, and so much going on everyday at the hostel. Was perfect for me being a solo traveller meeting friends and having people to go out with!

This hostel is amazing! All staff members are so helpful and always go out of their way to get what we need. The girls at reception were the best! Rico and his dinners and pub crawls made my experience in Barcelona so much fun! It is very clean and I never had a problem with uncleanliness. I felt like I could trust everyone in the hostel and didn't hVe to worry about things being stolen. i 100% recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone. And I'll be back for sure!! Thanks for everything :)

The staff is always there, they help you a lot looking for directions or anything you need. The cleanning women are lovely, working, kind and good people. I think that the hostel would be much more attractive if they wouldn't give so night options and drinking facilities so as to avoid having drunk tourists and at the morning you dont have to go with your thing outside the room so as to dont bother them until midday. Maybe there are another options to have fun i think. But if they choose it, ok.

Sant Jordi was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Very clean and very accommodating. The staff was great, the manager had had a bit of a crisis because of a fire when I arrived but still managed to get everything done quickly and efficiently for me. And because of the lack of wifi that day he gave the entire hostel free sangria! The entertainment organizer, I think his name was David, was great as well. Really fun and energetic, it was infectious. Overall really enjoyed my stay!

Hands down the BEST hostel I've ever been too. Superb value for money, brilliant atmosphere, friendly and super helpful staff. Cleanest room I've had this trip with a big comfortable bed, dedicated power supply built into your bunk bed and a large keycard-activated locker in your room. Oh and strong wifi throughout the whole building. I'm a bit of a loner, but I could not resist joining in on one of the pub crawls after getting swept up in everyone's positive energy. I will be back. Gracias!

Really cool hostel. Good facilities with lights and power points at each bed. They put on activities and pub crawls each night which is really cool. Just be prepared with earplugs if you don't want to go out! But the staff are awesome, so helpful! Provide a really good map and highlight heaps of things to do on it.

By ALL parameters, this hostel is doing a great job and is doing it with a smile. Such a great experience! The design all around the hostel is very cool, especially if you like rock music. The activities at night and atmosphere in the hostel are the most fun I've seen in all of Barcelona (comparing to other hostels I've visited in the city).

Excellent service. The best part is the start. The staff takes you to your room and answers the questions.

• 9th May 2015
  • Finland

Most of the stay was wonderful! The staff was friendly and could help with just about anything you could think of! The only issue I had was on the second night there was an electrical fire on the ground floor.the experience was stressful, especially as it occurred at 2 am. The staff handled it as best they could and within a few hours we were aloud back in.

• 7th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Sant Jordi. The staff are very welcoming and accommodating. The nightly activities with Rico and Sebastion create such a great atmosphere to bring all the guests together. I definately had an unforgettable experience and can't wait to go back and visit my new friends!

Very good hostel, i liked the rock theme. Staff were very helpful. Nice planned events.

This place is the best! Fast wifi, comfortable beds, and great staff. Our last hostel was garbage, this place was amazing. Be warned though, it is a party hostel, so most of the time people will be staying out to all hours of the night, so if you're looking for a quiet vacation, this may not be the place. We, however, loved it.

This was an excellent hostel, extremely clean and tidy, friendly and helpful staff who speaks great English. This hostel has a boutique hotel feel to it as it is very new and the decors/theme were top notch. Really impressed with how bright the place is and the marble staircase gives it a very high end feel despite the affordable pricing. The bed is comfy, best part about the room is that it comes with your own electronic lockers which you open/ close with your room key card.

Awesome place! Great atmosphere, easy to meet people with a pub crawl and dinner basically every night! Place is clean and staff really friendly. Would definately head back there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7