Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace Reviews

Carrer Balmes 75, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

I used 8 mixed room. Everyone in the room came back to the room around 4-5am every night and talked loud drunken and some girls from other rooms(which is not allowed of course) even climbed up of my bed, I don't know why. Maybe they were too drunk(?) I thought people there were so rude and low sense of responsibility and no respect to other people. It was horrible experience. The hostel need to control those and improve regulations. They shouldn't be like that at least in the shared room.

• 26th Aug 2015

Staff was great, always cheerful and happy to help, they organise a lot of cool activities as well. The hostel was fairly clean and I never had to wait for the toilet or shower. Everyone has a locker so thats great as well. What i didn't like about the hostel was the smell in the showers, there was a cockroach in the shower and it smelled like sewer. The hostel was really big (6floors) and i think that made the atmosphere less cosy than i prefer.

I ve only one word for this hostel. Amazing!

This place is amazin , i stayed there one night only but we had alot of fun in the terrace .. Check the second flour area for chillin .. The staff is friendly and helpful .. Tottally recommend it

Absolutely loved this hostel!! Pretty good location, easy to access everything by metro. Staff were so friendly and helped with everything! They had free organized nights out to get into all the great clubs and was so much fun!! Rooms were clean. Good kitchen and also a nice roof top area with pool was great. Such good value for money! Wish we could have stayed longer.

Although this is an absolutely beautiful hostel I really felt it lacked atmosphere. Everyone kept to themselves, the common area was usually empty. Staff didn't make much effort to get people mingling in my opinion. I felt more like I was staying at a hotel than a hostel. Maybe I just hit a bad week but I didn't really find my stay was that memorable. I will say that they had the best showers of any hostel I've stayed at and their lockers were great! Would I come here again? Probably not.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed. Amazing staff, best atmosphere and worth each penny spent. They do organize common events everyday which in all means is the best way to know other fellow travelers. Also every night a free pub crawl.....what else do you need in Barcelona :D

An alright stay, pub crawls weren't that good

Great hostel. Showers were great and the rooms were nice, the lockers were a nice touch (they are locked/unlocked with your keycard meaning no faffing around with padlocks). Overall a really good stay, definitely recommended. Close by most attractions or can get metro easily.

Very fun hostel! Staff was upbeat and welcoming. Pub crawls every night which was fun. Huge kitchen with everything you need as well as large fridge space to store groceries. Pretty good location. Bathrooms and showers especially were dirty and smelly. If this hostel was clean I would have rated it 100%.

I had the best time ever. The staff is really helpful, they make u feel like home. The place is perfect, you can walk everywhere from there. I strongly recommend this hostel.!!

Staff so, so helpful. Location lovely part of the city. Staff continually cleaning, the hostel was spotless. Our only disappointment was that we booked a double room with bathroom and we were put in a long narrow room with four bunk beds along the wall. We had nowhere to sit except on our beds, but went downstairs to the lovely sitting area and terrace area. Lovely the hostel had a pool too.

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was a bit overcrowded. Lockers a decent size, just a bit too small for bags. Such a noisy place. Downstairs kitchen/common area is noisy until late, noise can be heard 2 floors up in the 'chill out room'. Corridors are noisy so can hear everyone coming home at 4am. Bathrooms smell stale, water doesn't drain properly. 10 min walk from town centre. Power points and light beside each bunk. Good if you don't mind the noise or the stale smell in the bathrooms.

Had such a great 4 nights at Sant Jordi hostel, the staff were so friendly/helpful and really got everyone involved - big thanks to Humza, Annie and Rico! The location was good to get to everything unless you wanted to see the beach. We loved Barcelona so much we decided to stay another night and went to the Generator Hostel as we couldn't get in at sant Jordi and we missed it terribly! Will definitely be my first choice hostel when I return to Barcelona!

Was quite a pleasant stay. Enjoyed it a lot

really friendly and helpful staff, nicest shared room ever in a hostel, great location..would definetily recommend!

• 9th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The pictures on the website do not do it justice. The hostel is beautiful. The ceiling, tiling, glasswork, staircase, and rooftop are amazing. 5 stars! My only complaint would be the walls are not sound proof and sleeping was near impossible between the hours of 2am-7am

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was amazing. It was super secure (key card to get in places and lockers), the staff was friendly, and they had cheap food/drink activities every night which was good for someone traveling alone to meet people. I had a really good time staying here and would definitely recommend it.

Had a great stay here, the staff was so helpful and took care of any problems I had. Always there to help.

• 5th Aug 2015

I had the best experience at this amazingly friendly, fun and efficient hostel. Everyone was so helpful and kind. It's a shame it was booked up because I never wanted to leave! They even said I could come back for the nights out when I was staying at another hostel. Brilliant! Love you guys!

• 5th Aug 2015