Sant Jordi Mambo Tango Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

The staff is awesome and they really made sure I had a great time!

One of the best hostel i have ever been into,i stay for 4 nights,very clean and organized,really close to any attraction of Barcelona,the staff was obsoletely amazing really kind all of them,massi,cacau,and the guy from cataluya that stay during the night shift ,all of them always available for any need,also during the nights they do a special activities like nachos and beer,sangria,and they take us around (by a nice lady jioanna) the clubs to join other Sant Jordis guests.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

1. Great small familylike Hostel...... 2.best location, not in the partycenter so quiet enought to sleep, but also not far away..............3. Nice, helpfull and friendly stuff at the reception.......good price for a really good and clean Hostel.............resumen: go there

I had a great time in Mambo Tango. The STAFF was very helpful and kind. Giovanni and Max are amazing. They helped me with my luggage and each time offered me coffee or tea, always asking me how I was doing. Also, they kept the hostel clean all the time and they organized events each night which is good if you traveling solo. I highly recommend this place, you won't regret it.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

I think this hostel is overrated. A very small hostel with small kitchen and small toilet. Quite far away from metro station. Beware of those pickpocket outside the hostel.

The individuals working at reception were less than friendly. I either felt like I was getting lectured or was stepping on someone's toes. The location was average not walking distance to many of the tourist sites. Overall it was a decent hostel.

Easy to get to, close to metro, supermarkets, atms and plenty of tapas bars. The 9 bed dorm was not enjoyable: it's next to reception so there's lots of noise, the bunks aren't comfortable, there's only 1 window, only 1 bright light that cannot be dimmed and only power point space to plug in 4 cables for the whole room. Also the cleaners would barge in around 10am each morning. The hostel did arrange activities most nights including food and going out to bars and (terrible commercial) clubs.

Easy said, I will stay at this hostel again for sure

First Hostel experience I've ever had and absolutely loved it. Everything about this hostel most notably the sharpened knowledge the staffs possessed were impeccable. The only thing that's missing is breakfast but the mellow vibe of the place and the nightly organized pubcrawls makes up for it. Oh and this place is adjacent to the best Tapas bar in Barcelona! (Quimet & Quimet)

• 11th Mar 2014
  • khaislash
  • Singapore

Hostel is well placed to see everything but not in the middle of the really touristy part. Staff were extremely friendly and the stay went off with out a hitch. Will return.

• 10th Mar 2014

the hostel is very well located, metro is nearby and we felt at home in no time. plus the staff is awesome!

• 8th Mar 2014

I had a really nice time here. No complaints. I actually spent my birthday in this hostel and had a great time. Eddie took us out every night and was always arranging some form of drinking game beforehand.

really nice hostel in a great location

Mambo Tango was great! The common area was my favorite out of the three Sant Jordis we stayed at, it is super cozy and comfortable. The rooms are a bit cramped but comfortable, the whole place is a bit small but it just adds to the atmosphere, The only downside for me was the location. It is close to the downtown area but the neighborhood wasn't very attractive and is pretty touristy (lots of hotels and expensive restaurants). The staff was great, though! Thanks, Mambo Tango!

BEST hostel. The Staff here is Amazing. Like everyone there is just quite Awesome. They are so nice and well informed. Fun ppl. People that i would love to hang out again and have a beer. The facility is clean. Met lots of good friends here. You´ll have a great time here. Thank you

Awesome hostel. Provides plenty of opportunities for everyone to meet and have fun on pub crawls and clubs. The staff is amazing and friendly. The hostel is a 10 minute walk to the port and Las Ramblas, as well as a 2 minute walk to the Metro. Best hostel for single travelers, or even groups who want to meet others.

I loved my stay at Mambo Tango - it had an incredibly welcoming and friendly atmosphere. The staff hosted activities every night that ranged from clubbing to visiting the Magic Fountain to visiting 1euro tapas bars. I met some great people - this hostel definitely shaped my time in Barcelona and turned it into a great experience.

• 21st Feb 2014

Just as advertised. Giovanni and Cacu were very helpful.

The staff at this hostel are brilliant!Giovanni & Maxi are extremely helpful & kind hearted, always great to see them :) Oriol is a really funny & friendly guy, he knows so much about the area, can answer any question, he taught me a lot about catalan culture, so interesting! Cacau is a great person to see in the mornings, so kind thoughtful & happy! I only met Dani a few times, which is a real shame because he was so much fun to be around - great sense of humour! Really enjoyed my stay here :D

• 18th Feb 2014

We had an awesome stay at the Mambo Tango, great and helpful staff, very cosy and welcoming, very located (you reach everything within walkingdistance), good atmosphere, clean, pricy... I would defenitly recomand staying in the Mambo Tango Hostel.

• 16th Feb 2014