Sant Jordi Mambo Tango Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

Loved, loved the location. Very close to the metro, and walking distance to Montjuic Park. I would have breakfast in the morning and walk up to Montjuic and enjoy the scenery. Wonderful stay, only thing was the if you're staying in a mixed room sometimes the boys might be very dirty.

• 20th Aug 2014

Nice hostel: clean, with friendly English-speaker personnel, not far from the center, but in a quiet zone of the city. Important commodities present in the hostel: free wifi, luggage room, kitchen and microwaves.

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango was definitely the best hostel I've stayed at so far. it wasn't too big so you can meet the people there easily and have a great time. Oriole works the night shift and he was the guy who greeted us when we arrived late night. he made us feel at home and was a great guy and very helpful! I couldn't sleep the first night and he was very accommodating and made our stay a lot better. thanks again oriole!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Staff were awesome, very helpful and knowledgeable.

• 15th Aug 2014

LOVED THIS HOSTEL! Definitely recommend to anyone coming to Barcelona! The staff was so nice, welcoming, and SO HELPFUL! I had such difficulty leaving Barcelona due to many issues and the staff was so nice to help me regroup & figure out my plans. I was traveling solo so it's nice to have people who genuinely care about your well-being. Also the pub crawl was fun too! They have fun activities every day of the week, which is an extra bonus. I'm forever grateful for Sant Jordi, thank you so much!

Good hostel well located. Staff were very kind when i missed my train and had to shorten my stay by 1 day, the dinner was also really cheap and good.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Within a 20min walk of the beach and town centre.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • catjac

Seriously, one of the best experiences that I've ever had. The hostel is great: awesome staff, free coffee, pub crawl every night with free entry to clubs which otherwise would cost 20 euros, they print your boarding pass, have a free walking tour and lots of other events. They help you with everything you need and even do your laundry for you. If you want to stay in Barcelona stay in one of the Sant Jordi Hostels! El Kinko.

Had an amazing time at this hostel! Couldn't have asked for better atmosphere, facilities and overall great time. MAX, you're the man!!

Fab stay in Mambo tango! Would definitely go back. We stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm and granted it is a little tight however the lockers are huge so everything can be stowed away. Plenty of mirrors and sockets ( hair straighteners ect) for girls to get ready 😊. Great atmosphere in the common room and the St Jordi team organise pub crawls that are good craic and a great way of meeting others. Thanks guys!

• 25th Jul 2014

Some of the best staff I encountered of the 23 different hostels I've been too. Thanks all!

Had an awesome time here! The location is fantastic, in a really vibey area with loads of cool tapas bars around the corner. Was also very close to the good beach clubs. The social atmosphere was great, each night everybody got together and played drinking games, before heading out on pub crawls/clubbing etc. Great times. But best of all was the awesome staff, particularly Giovanni and Cacau, absolute legends, nothing was too much for them and always super chilled and friendly. Cheers guys

• 22nd Jul 2014

Great hostel, would definitely come back again. such a friendly vibe. Staff very helpful and will make sure everything is just right for your stay. just wish i had stayed longer. :) Thanks

Saint Jordi Mambo Tango was a great place for me to stay at! The staff made this hostel chain in Barcelona stand out above all others in my time in europe. Thank you Cuaco, you helped made my last week in Europe unforgettable! @sagradafamilia: Thanks; Raff, Frida, & Daves

Had an excellent time in Sant Jordi, Sant Jordi. Relaxed, helpful staff. Cleanest hostel I've stayed in. Beside the best Tapas in Barcelona, Quimthe & Quimthe. Bar crawls were very enjoyable. & of course the eclectic bunch of guests helps. Nice to know you :) C & E

• 18th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent hostel, great atmosphere, homy and where it is very easy to meet people! Guiseppe from the front desk made my stay in Barcelona a whole lot easier thanks to his advice and the brasilian musician who leaded the sangria night was awesome!

I HIGHLY recommend this hostel. I am a solo traveler and felt so welcomed and part of the family the first night here. (Booked extra nights, then some more!) GO ON THE PUB CRAWLS! it's clean here, 2 minutes from metro and bus stops...and the people at reception will go out of there way to help u with anything! When I come back to Barcelona this is the only place I would stay... Love u guys

• 15th Jul 2014

This was my first hostel experience and it was AWESOME! I'm in my 30s & am used to airbnbs and hotels and I was a little apprehensive about going the hostel route. Staying at this hostel was like staying with friends. The staff was friendly and go out of their way to help you out. They print out tix to attractions you'd otherwise be standing in line for hours to see, they make you complimentary tea/coffee, and plan nightly social events. I could go on but I'm out of room. I highly recommend it.

Management in noting deposits for keys needs to be assessed as my girlfriend and I were refused a portion of the key deposit we put down on arrival. As we had insufficient evidence in our claim, we were denied our full refund. An unfortunate ending to what was an amazing part of our trip. Would highly recommend despite this mishap!

As a solo traveler on my first trip in a hostel, I was a bit nervous. I quickly got to know my roommates, and over the course of my 2 nights at Mambo Tango, many of the other tenants. The main area is full of people looking for a good conversation, and a good time. The location is amazing, just south of the old city, the immediate surrounding neighborhood is bustling with outdoor-seated cafes and restaurants. Tapas are plentiful - and public transportation is a step away. Go!

• 12th Jul 2014