Santa Barbara Reviews

Plaza Santa Barbara 4 3, Madrid, Spain

Great location and reasonable price off-season, but the hotel tried to change my room type and only confirmed no price increase after I contacted HW Customer Service.

I'm usually pretty tolerant towards hotels/hostels. But this hotel is just BAD. Upside: Location. That's it. Downsides: No English (Literally none). Very hard to find (no sign). No breakfast. No cleaning. Broken stuff in bathroom. No atmosphere. Would never stay here again. Worst thing happened when we left: We wanted to store our bags there because our plane left at night. Something which is possible even in the smallest hotels. They just said no (in Spanish) and kicked us out on the street..

I really enjoyed my Stay at Santa Barbara Hostel. The Facilities are quite simple and the Lady couldnt speak any English but the whole Atmosphaere was great! The Location is also perfect! I ll definetely come back!

• 27th Aug 2014

The hostel was ok, ensuite bathroom was definitly the big advantage. Although instead of aircondition there was only a fan and the temprature was quite high (it was August) but acceptable. The staff was very helpful and kind, one guy on the reception speaks good English. The bigest pros is location - it is really perfect - like 10 metere from metro and city center in walking distance, planty of cafe's and restaurants arount - really nice.

It was little tricky to find the hostel, but had big room with air con which was fantastic for Madrid summer weather.

Great hostel but there is not a good place to meet other travelers . No common area, no kitchen!

the house owner is very nice. But the bed sheet and the quilt smell not so good. others are very good.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts