Santa Claus Apartments for Holidays Reviews

Strada Arco San Pietro 4, Bari, Italy

When i arrived, no body was there. I book a single room, but thea are not any single rooms in Santa. I get a number from a neighbor. The owner took me to a anothet hotel in a another locality. There i had to wait for a onther hour, then i get a chamber without a toilette a shower. !!!!!!!!

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

Somebody said "Nothing is as it seems with this Santa Claus business" and it is 100% true. They have three different locations, but they don't tell you in advance where you will be staying, so when you get to Arco San Pietro (the address they give), you have to call them and then go back and move around the city, following a hostel guy who doesn't speak English. The place we stayed at, next to the Cathedral, was clean, although quite noisy.

The breakfast was mouldy green yogurt, the room was just a room in a local apartment block bL atmosphere or anyway to meet people. The Bed was clean though! The location could also be anywhere as nothing is what it seems with this Santa Claus business

The hostel moved us around to much. Not a good area. No wifi. Only good thing was aircon!

I was charged more than I was due to pay, as the staff did not bother to look for my reservation. But the worst was that the adress they give is not right. You find a closed door when you arrive, and you have to call, so if you decide to book this place, make sure your phone is working. I think they should try and find a reasonable solution to this problem, as you don't normally want to walk an extra 15 minutes when you arrive at night in a strange place with luggage. Very poor organisation.

We've been stayed at the "original" adress. Unfortunately, we have +15 €-s, because we checked at night but we told to the hostel, our plane will arrive late. When we asked about the breakfest, the owner or the person who waited for told: "I told you, you can use coffee/tea." But we had 6 croissants on the shelf next to the bed. However this flat was amazing, 4 floors for, downstairs a bathroom, ground floor was the kitchen (oven, kettle, fridge) and a toilet, first and second floor - 6 beds.

Really nice place to stay situated on one of the little streets in the maze of Bari Vecchia.

The address written in Hostelworld was not correct. Going to Santa Claus Hostel tourists will be embarrassed. They had 2 - 3 hostels so they seem like sending guest to their hostel for right situation. The staff was the most unfriendly man I have ever seen during my trip. We had to pay extra payments that was not written in the hostelworld. They didn't have wifi. The breakfast was one croissant. I strongly don't recommend this hostel.

The Apartment is just a room with bathroom. It is clean but it's very noisy.

Nice place to stay. I was only there for one night but it was comfortable and convenient. It was a self contained room aside from the main 'office' where I checked in. It was great for a smaller laid back place like Bari.

Few remarks: - Breakfast was less than expected: a coffee and a croissant at the shop around the corner - All over old Bari the wanter heating system is at the ground floor. So the boilder's noise in the first night was terrible. The next day we requested a different room and it was much better - The staff was very cooperative and helpful Overall: I recommend Santa Claus Appartments

• 7th Apr 2013
  • Romania

There were works in progress at the address indicated at booking stage, however on arrival I called and I was taken to my lodging which was the best place I ever stayed at. Nicely decorated, clean, facilities included a small fridge, a kettle, TV and AC which was a first to date. There was even an ensuite bathroom and it was in the old part of Bari. Had an amazing time. Staff ever were kind enough to keep my luggage after I checked out since my flight was late in the evening.

When I arrived to the hostel to Arco San Pietro 4 it was a ruin. On the door there was written "Hotel Santa Claus" with a phone number, so I decided to call and after 10 minutes someone came and took me to another part of the city. When we arrived, it turned out that the price was 10€ higher than stated on the website. What's more, there was no internet connection, no Wifi. . Breakfast was „served” in the bar. In this case, „served” means you get a wafer and a coffee and you can't even seat down

Santa Claus Bed and Breakfast in Bari is the worst experience we have ever had. We notified that we would be arriving late, at 1am, and there was no one there to open the door. They say that they have 24 hour service, but the truth is they just want your money. We rang and rang the door, called the multiple numbers, and were left out on the street. In addition, we were charged the full amount for our horrible experience!!!!!!!! It's the worst you can find in all of your travels.

• 31st Jul 2012
  • Spain

I booked two for "Deluxe 4 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite" but they gave me a double bed. How can two guys sleep on the same bed? The breakfast is minimum. There was a kind of assembly not far away from this B&B which is extreme noise till midnight. The place they indicates is not exactly where I stayed.

It was a very bad choice to stay in this B&B (Santa Claus). The worst hostel I've ever seen. The hot water was enough for only one person. The Internet was not for free, but 2 € / 30 minutes. It is simply a stairwell with beds in it. No doors, very wet, inconvenient. The WC with the bathroom was (only one for all guests) in the basement, TV did not work. I would not recommend it. We were very disappointed. Only the manager was nice and the location ok (close to the Old Town)

We had to make the check-in first on the address indicated, but the room was in another place located in the old city. So, we had to wait in the street some time for someone to come and make the check-in. The person which came told a higher price from the one indicated on the site.

• 14th Apr 2012
  • Romania
  • Mixed Group

Petite chambre avec 5 couchages dont un lit double Mais seul occupant.

Its a bed.... dont expect anything! If you need to stay here because your catching the ferry from Croatia then stay here but its just a bed!! Staff are non-existent basically!

No one was there when we arrived and when called we were told to just wait. Another couple had arrived by then and we waited on the doorstep 15mins. When they arrived we found out we were both double booked. We walked 20mins to another hostel they had sold our booking to. It had no air-con and was a 10min drive from the port. We booked the hostel for one night because it was close to the port because we had a morning ferry. There was no apology or adjustment to cater for their stuff up.

View all Bari Bed and Breakfasts