Santa Maloca Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodesia, 140, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

A bit far from the metro (10 mins) but everyone can use a little walk. Not a party hostel, which was great for me. Big, spacious, colorful area for breakfast.

Can't fault this hostel. Great staff, great location, lovely building, good breakfast. Exactly how a hostel should be.

very good cake and bread! =)

• 15th Mar 2014

Small quiet hostel in a nice area of Sao Paulo. Not far to walk to metro. All the facilitities that are needed in a hostel. Friendly staff. Lots of selection for breakfast. Would stay here again.

Can't wait to return :)

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Portugal

Thanks to Sergio the receptionist we saw so much of Sao Paulo in such a short time. I loved it. The female dorm has a small terrace. It is a small hostel where it is easy to get in contact with the guests. Can recommend the sister hostel Alice as well, it even has a backyard to chill.

The location is amazing, only a 10 minute walk from the subway station and a couple of blocks from the bar streets of Vila Madalena. The staff is super friendly and always smiling and willing to help out with anything. Especially Sergio was the perfect guide, would not have explored São Paulo that well without him. Never seen a hostel being cleaned so thoroughly. Can really recommend this hostel.

We liked our stay at the Santa Maloca. We stayed in a 2 bed room privately but used the common bathroom on our floor. The room was clean and spacious enough for us and our bags as there was still room to walk in the room. Overall a good and safe experience there. A nice add on for the room would be a mirror somewhere. New toilet flush would be great.

• 13th Jan 2014

Great place!! I had a wonderful time there. There is a subway station really close ( just 2 blocks away). Furthermore, the neighborhood is one of the most fun in Sao Paulo: lots of artists ateliers, bars, night clubs, graffitis, everything mixed with the small town atmosphere of the neighborhood (houses, squares, trees etc). The staff I had contact with - as I could see - had a solid english and spanish; they also provided me with all the information I neeeded to walk around the city.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The 24hr reception was good as we arrived at 6am!

It´s a good home with nice people. An excellent location near metro, good restaurants and green area.

• 30th Sep 2013

Great staff, super nice hostel in Vila Madalena. Nice suburb for safety, street art, bars, and close to the metro which takes you anywhere in SP.

-The location was perfect! -The breakfast is the same thing everyday! -It can be a bit noisy at night.

I was warmly welcomed by the staff of the hostel. I could even taste a delicious cake even before the sun comes up, when I was about to go to the airport to return home. The location of the hostel is also formidable, in a neighborhood super cool and very close to the subway. I just found the mattress a little soft, but nothing that affected my sleep. I definitely recommend it!

This hostel is so nice, has beautiful colors, so clean and it is a cosy place with nice staff. .

• 27th Apr 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Santa Maloca Hostel. It was very well located, the staff were lovely, and even took us to a traditional Brazilian Forró night. Lovely atmosphere, good breakfast, and there was even a freshly baked cake every day! One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

• 26th Mar 2013

Really nice hostel in a really cool location, that feels chilled and safe. The streets are decorated by awesome graffiti and the hostel is close to the subway, bars and restaurants. The owner is lovely (with a great taste in music), as are the rest of the staff, it means a lot to greeted by a genuine smile everyday. The breakfast is good, as is the wifi signal. I liked São Paulo much more than I expected to, the city feels much friendlier and more cultural than Rio. Booked for 2 nights, stayed f

Really nice little hostel! The staff is so nice, it´s like being in a big family. They could add some more to the breakfast and the rooms are a little small but I have had great time over there. And it´s really close to the great metro system of Sao Paulo!

Great little hostel with a wonderful homey feel to it. Very cozy and comfortable, with incredibly comfortable beds and pillows! I slept very well here, despite some traffic noise outside dorms (nothing earplugs can't solve!). The owner Denise is awesome, always up for a chat or taking the guests out to some or other event around SP; the rest of the staff are equally relaxed and friendly. It's also due for a renovation soon which should make it even better. All in all a great place to stay in SP.

Room too expensive,staff at arrival absolutely not wellcoming.

« first « Prev 1 2 3