Santa Martha Hostel Reviews

Qolla is-Safra Street, Marsalforn, Gozo, Malta

Maria, the host, is a very nice, trustful and trustwhorty person, If you are going to Gozo, St Martha is a good choice, a very calm environment for couples and travellers with some nice beaches around. By bus almost everything is reachable. Check the buses' timetable though!! and don't expect a crazy nightlife!

• 14th Oct 2014

Had a great stay at Santa Martha Hostel. The host Maria is so lovely and welcoming and takes great care of you. Close to Marsalforn bay for swimming, snorkelling and delicious food. Clean and homely. Would definitely stay again.

My stay in Santa Martha Hostel was nice - the place was clean and Mrs Maria was really helpful. The room (I had a single private room) had enough space to be comfortable. The kitchen was ok, however I didn't use it much so I don't really have an opinion. There were a few minor problems, some more, some less annoying. Generally the place has a specific architecture which makes you hear absolutely EVERYONE, both in other rooms, as well as on the streets, which was pretty annoying at night.

Best hostel in Gozo , perfect three or four days!

Nice rooms (price ok compared to other accommodations), kitchen okay (not many tools, but everything was clean), nice and clean bathrooms (unfortunately no shower curtains). Breakfast in the morning consists of toast, cornflakes and yoghurt. The location is good, relatively close to the centre and not too far from the next small supermarket. The staff was friendly and helpful. No real front door, so security is not too high, but then it is Malta, so I think it is fine. I felt safe there.

Clean, quiet and located within ten minutes walk of the sea, shops and some really great restaurants. Wifi that works.

• 25th Jul 2014

Awesome place! 10 private rooms in walking distance from both sea and centre. The hostel is very clean and the owner, Maria, is sweet and helpful. Great breakfast in the morning.

Great value for money, especially for a solo traveller. Good breakfast, and conscientious host.

BEST hostel in the world!!! Never have I experienced such a warm athmosphere in a hostel. I really appreciated my stay!

gr8 little place. from victoria take bus 310 to marsalforn (get off at BARDA which is AFTER the other marsalforn stops (google maps this stop)). take the road that ends next to the bus stop& looks like it goes uphill. keep walking away from the bus stop T junction - &on your left ull find Santa Martha a~2 mins walk from the bus stop. the hostel is very clean, good wifi, kitchen amenities, free breaky &maria is lovely :) ull need the wifi to plan bus routes. v good value for money. gr8 gozo base

really enjoyed our stay, basic hostel, but we had everything we needed

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Hostel had a reasonable sort of breakfast available, which is really unusual for a hostel. Maria was very friendly and welcoming.

Have an amazing time at Santha Martha. Maria the owner is absolutely lovely and helpful. I am coming back there in three weeks time and I can't wait!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Lovely stay, with very clean kitchen, en-suite no smoking room opening onto a courtyard with a clothes line, clean and comfortable beds, and lots of information about the local area. Very good breakfasts included in the price. Marsalforn is a small, pretty town with some tourist activity and a good place to swim one bay over.

Very calm, clean and very friendly! High recommendation.

My girlfriend and I stayed at Santa Martha Hostel for 6 nights.We travelled some various coutries and stayed in various hostels before and we both agreed that this was the best hostel from all of them.Very clean and being cleaned on daily basis.The hostel is very secure and quiet.Breakfasts are very rich and almost all-you-can-eat.However,the most important is the staff/co-owner Maria who runs this hostel as a family business.She is very helpful and nice person who meets her customers every day.

Nice place to stay, very kind and helpful lady who runs it.

clean and comfortable room in a silent zone. the madam of the hostel is very kind and helpful.

This is a lovely hostel in an old traditional home, only a short walk from the seafront. I had a room all to myself and a sun terrace for a reasonable rate. The owner Maria was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it.

It is nice calm place with tasty breakfast and helpfull house lady.