Santa Martha Hostel Reviews

Qolla is-Safra Street, Marsalforn, Gozo, Malta

I must confess that I mistakenly booked a room at Santa Martha when it was officially closed. Yet, Maria, who runs the hostel, exceptionally opened it for me! (I hope fellow travelers will not disturb her from November to March.) The hostel was only 2-minute walk from the seashore in Marsalforn. The room was simple, cozy, quiet and safe. The shared bathroom was clean and hot water was available anytime. The breakfast (bread, cereal, milk, tea, coffee, orange juice, yogurt) was also nice.

Maria, the host, is a very nice, trustful and trustwhorty person, If you are going to Gozo, St Martha is a good choice, a very calm environment for couples and travellers with some nice beaches around. By bus almost everything is reachable. Check the buses' timetable though!! and don't expect a crazy nightlife!

• 14th Oct 2014

Maria was very helpful and friendly with us. She has told us important and interesting information about facilities of sightseeing and trips in Gozo. We are grateful for hospitality to her.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Had a great stay at Santa Martha Hostel. The host Maria is so lovely and welcoming and takes great care of you. Close to Marsalforn bay for swimming, snorkelling and delicious food. Clean and homely. Would definitely stay again.

My stay in Santa Martha Hostel was nice - the place was clean and Mrs Maria was really helpful. The room (I had a single private room) had enough space to be comfortable. The kitchen was ok, however I didn't use it much so I don't really have an opinion. There were a few minor problems, some more, some less annoying. Generally the place has a specific architecture which makes you hear absolutely EVERYONE, both in other rooms, as well as on the streets, which was pretty annoying at night.

Best hostel in Gozo , perfect three or four days!

Really good hostel. Excellent value for money. The owner is really helpful.

Nice rooms (price ok compared to other accommodations), kitchen okay (not many tools, but everything was clean), nice and clean bathrooms (unfortunately no shower curtains). Breakfast in the morning consists of toast, cornflakes and yoghurt. The location is good, relatively close to the centre and not too far from the next small supermarket. The staff was friendly and helpful. No real front door, so security is not too high, but then it is Malta, so I think it is fine. I felt safe there.