Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A very welcoming hostel (only my second one ever), but no problems and certain amenities made things easier. eg. buying water, soda, laundry.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff was great and superb atmosphere. To get to your room you have to walk through the common area, which is always nice since you easily meet the others at the hostels. Nice rooftop terrace too. If I ever get back to Rio I will stay here!

Lovely people, staff and atmosphere. The hostel is located at the top of a hill (typically Rio) but the views are amazing. Staff were very helpful in advising what to do and where to go! Beds were also very comfy and locks big enought to fit a rucksack!

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Cool place and stuff. Really good atmosphere and nice and helpful stuff. the rooms are very good for this price got every facility you need - internet (although not excellent), laundry and kitchen and even a cool music room! Santa teresa is a an awesome neighborhood for my opinion, and this place is only 10 minutes from the metro and all the buses. but if you look for close to the beach and center- consider you will have to take a metro. and it's a short climb to get there...

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Israel

An excellent hostel in a very vibrant neighbourhood with great staff! Santa Teresa is now one of my favourite neighbourhoods in all of Rio and it was nice getting away from the World Cup madness of Copacabana for a few nights. The hostel's relatively small size made it conducive to meeting other travellers as well as getting to know the staff. I will be sure to return next time I visit Rio!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great place with a wonderful staff. Location is fairly convenient ... Except for the 750m uphill walk!

Thanks a lot, If you have any suggestions, please send us an e-mail: info@santamixhostel.com.br

Top stay in Brazil. Good Location to see RIO , Amazing View from Rooftop, Exceptional Staff, Clean and organized with all the little extras you want and need available.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thanks a million.

Good, solid hostel With friendly staff.

Thanks. your suggestions are very important to us. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br. We want to improve our job.

Great atmosphere and experience while traveling to the World Cup in Rio. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, working to make sure that our experience wasn't hampered by admin work or formalities. If you are looking for a quiet hostel minutes from the downtown life of Lapa, this is the place!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thanks a lot. If you have any suggestions, please send us an e-mail: info@santamixhostel.com.br

Possibly the best hostel overall I stayed in my 1-month vacation through Peru, Argentina, and Brazil. The staff - especially Nik, Jorge, Sandra, and most of all - Tor - were the best staff I met for any hostel. They were always willing to help and hang around with you. When you pass by the hostel, be sure to spend some time with Tor if he's around! The place was like a home-away-from-home. Be sure to take a moto-taxi at the bottom of the hill; it'll take you all the way up for only 3 Reals!

Good location but limited space inside the hostel. Pleasant atmosphere. Would stay again

Thanks. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br with your suggestions. We want to improve our job.

Had a great stay! Thanks to the wonderful staff and, of course, the best zebra cat! Clean dorm, bathroom and nice decorations. 10 mins walk from metro. Nice breafast. Good vibe.

Thanks a lot. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br with your suggestions. We want to improve our job.

Highly recommended, staff are amazing. Only stayed one night, very sad to leave. Santa Teresa is great area to hang out in Rio.

Thanks a million.

Amazing hostel, the staff were great always happy to help and to take us out at night and get us back safely. Really cool having a music studio downstairs as well.

Thanks a million

This was simply the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I am so grateful for the hospitality and friendliness that the staff showed me. I will definitely be back! Thank you for everything.

Thanks a million

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - very friendly staff with a personal approach. Felt more like staying with friends than in a hostel actually. On my first night we all had a BBQ and drinks at the rooftop terrace which was exactly what I needed after a long flight. Great location, nice views from the terrace, tasty breakfasts. One thing to look out for is that there are no signs on the outside of the building - can only be found by knowing the address.

Santa mix is an excellent hostel to stay in. The staff is really helpful, the atmosphere is really good. There is an amazing rooftop. I ll definitely recommend to stay there

Thanks so much Cyril!

Fab hostel - really enjoyed my stay :) staff are lovely, great location and really good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Thanks you so much for your words! Cheers!

Everithing ok except wifi in the rooms was really poor!! Bathrooms excelent too.

Gracias! Ahora, la internet está mejor en las habitaciones. Se tienes otra sugestion, envianos un email para info@santamixhostel.com.br. Deseamos mejorar nuestro trabajo.

Great staff and great atmosphere, the perfect hostel for solo backpackers! I have been the only girl for 4 days but had such a great time, the hostel is very close to lapa to go out and the staff comes with the hosts, it's perfect!

Thanks, you were a lovely guest and perfect drummer. The Santa Mix Staff thanks you.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels