Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Brilliant place!! Definitely recommend it to anyone!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Santa Mix is super!! Really great location close to downtown Santa Teresa (super cute bohemian neighborhood with great restaurants and outdoor bars) and the Gloria metro station, safe and quiet neighborhood. The rooms had air conditioner, fans, and lockers, the beds were comfortable, and the hostel never got too noisy. Really nice upstairs patio. The breakfast is good -- bread, cheese, ham, fruits, coffee, milk, and fresh juice. Friendly and helpful staff. WiFi service is very good.

Thanks a lot for your lovely words. Things like that make us work even happier.

I came for the second time to santa mix on less than a week because everything in Paraty was sold out! I booked late at night but when we arrived Jorge was there waitibg for su with our beds ready! Once again, Gabriel, Jorge and Marce shined, thats why we decided to go back! Nothing feels better than being treated nice, and this staff is pretty good about doing that! All the services are good! They have netflix, WiFi, hot showers, kitchen, a great terrace and even a music studio! Cheers santamix

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel! O arrived late, 2;30am and Gabriel was there to help me out! Marce, who does the breadas y and cleaning is very accomodating and nice! Love the atmohphere! The WiFi is pretty good! There is hot water! The metro and bus station is close by! The hostel is in a nice and safe part of town! And the people that work there are very nice! Thanks Gabriel, Marce and Jorge, you guys made our stay very pleasant!

We had the perfect stay in Rio in Santa mix!its a small hostel so you get to know everyone

Excellent staff!!! Very nice place for your time in Rio. Perfect for artist, musicians and all kind of backpackers. There's a wonderful terrace at the top with panoramic view over Rios city center and a studio with about 20 different guitars to play :) Don't miss the Caipirinha nights!!! ;) Highly recommended!!!

A very welcoming hostel (only my second one ever), but no problems and certain amenities made things easier. eg. buying water, soda, laundry.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff was great and superb atmosphere. To get to your room you have to walk through the common area, which is always nice since you easily meet the others at the hostels. Nice rooftop terrace too. If I ever get back to Rio I will stay here!

Lovely people, staff and atmosphere. The hostel is located at the top of a hill (typically Rio) but the views are amazing. Staff were very helpful in advising what to do and where to go! Beds were also very comfy and locks big enought to fit a rucksack!

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Cool place and stuff. Really good atmosphere and nice and helpful stuff. the rooms are very good for this price got every facility you need - internet (although not excellent), laundry and kitchen and even a cool music room! Santa teresa is a an awesome neighborhood for my opinion, and this place is only 10 minutes from the metro and all the buses. but if you look for close to the beach and center- consider you will have to take a metro. and it's a short climb to get there...

An excellent hostel in a very vibrant neighbourhood with great staff! Santa Teresa is now one of my favourite neighbourhoods in all of Rio and it was nice getting away from the World Cup madness of Copacabana for a few nights. The hostel's relatively small size made it conducive to meeting other travellers as well as getting to know the staff. I will be sure to return next time I visit Rio!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great place with a wonderful staff. Location is fairly convenient ... Except for the 750m uphill walk!

Thanks a lot, If you have any suggestions, please send us an e-mail: info@santamixhostel.com.br

Top stay in Brazil. Good Location to see RIO , Amazing View from Rooftop, Exceptional Staff, Clean and organized with all the little extras you want and need available.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thanks a million.

Good, solid hostel With friendly staff.

Thanks. your suggestions are very important to us. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br. We want to improve our job.

Great atmosphere and experience while traveling to the World Cup in Rio. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, working to make sure that our experience wasn't hampered by admin work or formalities. If you are looking for a quiet hostel minutes from the downtown life of Lapa, this is the place!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thanks a lot. If you have any suggestions, please send us an e-mail: info@santamixhostel.com.br

Possibly the best hostel overall I stayed in my 1-month vacation through Peru, Argentina, and Brazil. The staff - especially Nik, Jorge, Sandra, and most of all - Tor - were the best staff I met for any hostel. They were always willing to help and hang around with you. When you pass by the hostel, be sure to spend some time with Tor if he's around! The place was like a home-away-from-home. Be sure to take a moto-taxi at the bottom of the hill; it'll take you all the way up for only 3 Reals!

Good location but limited space inside the hostel. Pleasant atmosphere. Would stay again

Thanks. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br with your suggestions. We want to improve our job.

Had a great stay! Thanks to the wonderful staff and, of course, the best zebra cat! Clean dorm, bathroom and nice decorations. 10 mins walk from metro. Nice breafast. Good vibe.

Thanks a lot. If is possible, please, send us an email to info@santamixhostel.com.br with your suggestions. We want to improve our job.

Highly recommended, staff are amazing. Only stayed one night, very sad to leave. Santa Teresa is great area to hang out in Rio.

Thanks a million.

Amazing hostel, the staff were great always happy to help and to take us out at night and get us back safely. Really cool having a music studio downstairs as well.

Thanks a million