Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Loved this hostel. Really charismatic place. Great area to explore real Rio. Roof terrace is beautiful by day or night to look over the city. Easy to make friends. Full kitchen facilities and they sell drinks in the kitchen with an honesty pot. Beds very comfortable. Big secure lockers. Big tv with Netflix. Good wifi, of access. Friendly chilled staff. Cute cat. Would stay again!

Very good hostel, great vibe and terrace. Add a better breakfast and it would improve further.

Great hostel with amazing people working there. We were lucky and also had really fun people staying there with us we saw monkeys outside and got a healthy dose exercise walking up the hill. Santa Mix is a bit off the typical path, but still in a great area (Santa Teresa is really cool with lots of good vibes) and very close to the metro and busses. We all agree, we will definitely stay here during our next trip to Rio

• 26th Jul 2015
  • kmwilhelm2788

only stayed here for one night but everything was great!! friendly staff and a very cool living space with TV, Netflix, sofas ect. Didn't use the roof terrace but it looked amazing! very comfy beds! only negative was there was no hot water in our shower. would stay here again!

loved this place!!! best hostel in 13 months of travelling through the norh and southamerican continents!!! nice vibe where everybody hangs out with everybody! good for bbq´s, great hostelstaff, good events like pizza night (quatro queso hmm), its a place where you feel at home!

The guys at the hostel are super nice and super helpful! They have helped us in any possible way, allowing us to accomplish our trasfer to the next location for a volunteering project! Thanks a lot guys, Marco

Do your self a favor and stay here!!!! Nick (who owns the hostel) and Gabriel + Adrain (who both there) are down to earth and tell you the real deal when it comes to Rio. They don't try to sell you any cheesy tours or offer any bullshit. What ever you want they are honest and really down to earth. The kind of people you can kick back and have a beer with and ask questions about the REAL Rio. Breakfast is large and the showers have hot water. 5 Mins to Santa Teresa and Lapa!!

Like a home in Rio thanks to an awesome staff. Good music, party and cool atmosphere on the rooftop. Great breakfast. Super clean. One of my favorite hostel in Brazil. Wonderful experience.

Had a blast. Clean toilets, decent breakfast, Wi-Fi, Netflix, great rooftop and BBQ. Also made some good friends during my stay with whom I went traipsing around Rio. Washing machine wasn't working - get that fixed and this place is perfect! Comfortable beds and spacious rooms...

• 18th Jun 2015

Great design for the beds - not bunks, they're secured to the wall and ceiling, so no rattling around. Beautiful bathroom with lots of room. Rooftop terrace. Location in a fun area of Rio, close to restaurants and bars. But best of all are the staff and Nick the owner. They welcomed me like an old friend and I had such a good time with them and the other guests.

You are lovely :)

This is a great hostel. It is about a 10 min walk from the Subway. I used public transport from the bus terminal to there, but since I had bags it was not worth walking all the way up the hill (which is not that far) I got a cab and paid about 10 reais. Staff is amazing and very helpful. Location is good. You gotta be up for a short walk up a hill thou, but like I said is not that bad. The room is good and breakfast is delicious. It's quite safe and next to Lapa. Great place to stay at!

This hostel is only 5 minutes up the hill from Gloria station. The staff were kind and friendly and the beds big and comfortable. It has an excellent roof terrace and a friendly cat called zebra!

Nice hostel. Location up the Hill is a bit of a pain in the ass but the rooms are big, the people are Nice and the terrace is a very Nice place to hang out. The hostel is quit and a good place to get a good rest and Chill out. We enjoyed!

Santa Mix is a great hostel with a warm & welcoming atmosphere. We stayed here twice with a few days at Ilha Grande in between, and would return anytime. It felt like home! The hike up the hill is a bit of a hassle, but then again: hike a bit futher and you're in the middle of lively Santa Teresa.

• 20th Mar 2015

This is an excelent place to stay if you go to Rio. The staff are all nice and helpful people. There was always someone to talk to in the common room. They didn't always speak in English, though. However, I can understand this; if I had met people from my country I would probably also speak in my own language. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk for a while, about ten minutes, to get to the nearest metro station (downhill to the metro station and uphill back to the hostel).

Very good hostel- good breakfast- nice staff- very relaxed atmosphere. So close to the Gloria Subwaystation- like 5-10 minutes. Thats so close for Rio. Very secure neighbourhood- also at night- especially when you see the rest of Rio...

I had a great stay at the hostel, I wish I would have stayed more days. They all make you feel at home. I am very thankful with their hospitality and kindness.

• 5th Mar 2015