Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wonderful hostel, stay here! They make there own beer!!!! Ya that's right, you read this correct. Hostel beer how can you go wrong and it's good too! Good location and good people running/working the hostel. Stay here, stay here, stay here!!!!

every things was ok exept that very hot in the hostel. The air condicionar is only for the nights and its only in the rooms.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Israel

Lovely hostel with great location, nice staff and really good breakfast. The place was clean and secure. Nice and chilled atmospere. Recommended!:)Will try to stay again when back in Rio!

Awesome hostel, great location, and great atmosphere when I was there. I only got to stay one day but I definitely regret not staying longer.

What a wonderful, homely and inviting place! Made to feel completely comfortable as I set foot in the door. Sleeping on the beds is like sleeping on marshmallow silk sheets that are imported from heaven. The owner brews delicious beer that is a rare commodity in a place like Brasil. The hostel attracts an excellent community of people. It is not a party hostel but people still drink socially on the terrace. The staff were all incredible. Marcella is an absolute angel and golden star. Obrigado!!

Friendly and helpfull staff, great breakfast, close to Metro, Nice common area.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

The 2 workers are what made this hostel, really great people to have around. This made a nice atmosphere and a good mix of guests. The terrace view was amazing! We booked the private room there but it appeared the owner showed up and took it for himself so we were put in a 4 room with two bottom bunks pushed together. This was uncomfortable and left no space to move around, and we received no alteration in the price. But other than that it was a great place to stay and well located for Lapa.

The area is very quiet, safe, and easy to find. The staff were very kind and helpful, and breakfast was great!

Great hostel definitely recommend if you're staying in Santa Teresa Rio. Staff is amazing, it's small so not as many people staying there! Fantastic double room on the rooftop!

Beautiful stay, I loved the house building.. this hostel was my highlight of Rio.. I want to share that the only thing I would improve is breakie could, there should always fruit and cereal, and better toasting option for bread?

Really awesome hostel in a great area (Santa Teresa) with a lovely, friendly, homely atmosphere created by all the brilliant staff. It was so refreshing to actually be welcomed by the staff on arrival (Angelo) and treated like a person compared to the cattle market hostels of Copacabana. Really comfy beds, amazing building, atmosphere and great staff. Highly recommended & would love to come back. Keep up the great work!

The hostel was good, breakfast was ok, the staff was friendly, the only downside was that it is on a big hill.

This hostel was perfect for me. In my 7 months travelling South America I've never felt more at home, so much so that I kept extending and re-extending my stay until I'd been in Rio nearly 3 weeks. The staff are really friendly and give advice on places to see and go, and well as accompanying us on night outs. The hostel is close to the metro station that can take you all over town, and its close to some supermarkets with cheap and quality Brazilian steaks. The breakfast is great too. Thanks SM

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed on..

Thanks Pal, you were a AA+ grade guest for us.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels