Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was simply the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I am so grateful for the hospitality and friendliness that the staff showed me. I will definitely be back! Thank you for everything.

Thanks a million

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - very friendly staff with a personal approach. Felt more like staying with friends than in a hostel actually. On my first night we all had a BBQ and drinks at the rooftop terrace which was exactly what I needed after a long flight. Great location, nice views from the terrace, tasty breakfasts. One thing to look out for is that there are no signs on the outside of the building - can only be found by knowing the address.

Santa mix is an excellent hostel to stay in. The staff is really helpful, the atmosphere is really good. There is an amazing rooftop. I ll definitely recommend to stay there

Thanks so much Cyril!

Fab hostel - really enjoyed my stay :) staff are lovely, great location and really good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Thanks you so much for your words! Cheers!

Everithing ok except wifi in the rooms was really poor!! Bathrooms excelent too.

Gracias! Ahora, la internet está mejor en las habitaciones. Se tienes otra sugestion, envianos un email para info@santamixhostel.com.br. Deseamos mejorar nuestro trabajo.

Great staff and great atmosphere, the perfect hostel for solo backpackers! I have been the only girl for 4 days but had such a great time, the hostel is very close to lapa to go out and the staff comes with the hosts, it's perfect!

Thanks, you were a lovely guest and perfect drummer. The Santa Mix Staff thanks you.

The hostel is very nice, the location is good, but you have to walk like 10 min to the metrostation. The breakfast was ok, they told us that breakfast is at 8 o'clock, but it unfortun. started at 9 o'clock, so we lost time. The staff was nice but they could help more in my opinion. We asked to call a taxi because we had to leave in 5 minutes.But he didn't called a taxi yet, and then there was no taxi available, so we had to walk with our baggages the hole way to the metro when we were in a hurry

I only stayed here one night but could tell the hostel had a great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. Dorm and bathroom very clean and well equipped, and the roof terrace is really nice!

We really enjoyed staying at Santa Mix. The location is very good, close to Lapa, Santa Teresa and the metro that takes you to the centre and the beaches. The hostel was very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The staff suggests an evening activity every night and you can join if you like to. And the wonderful roof terrace is a plus too. Would recommend it!!!

Thanks for your lovely words. Greetings from the Santa Mix staff

We had a fantastic stay at this hostel! The staff makes you feel very welcome. The vibe in the hostel is excellent, definitely a recommendation.

Thank you so much for your rating. We are very happy for that. If possible, please email us , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix even better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

Friendly hostel super roof terrace with views over bay easy walk to Gloria metro. Helpful and efficient staff. Nice breakfast relaxed atmosphere.

Thank you for your rating. We are happy for that. If possible, please email us , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

Amazing stay: beds comfortable and bathrooms cleaned every day; hostel located in Santa Teresa district, 10 minutes walk to nice pubs and restaurants and 15 minutes walk to Lapa (clubs district); although the problems that a big city like Rio has, I never felt unsafe; there is a kitchen where to prepare excellent dinners and two fridges where to store your own stuff or pick up some cold beers; the icing on the cake are the music room and the terrace; but the really top are staff and atmosphere!

• 12th Apr 2014

Thank you so much for your rating. We are very happy for that. If possible, please email us letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix even better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

Situated in the Center of Santa Theresa (save and nice neighborhood) with a good connection to all major sights in Rio (by bus and/or metro)

Thank you so much for your rating. We are very happy for that. If possible, please email us at info@santamixhostel.com.br , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix even better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

I stayed there 9 nights because I was comfortable there. Staff is very nice, fun and pretty helpful. Location is good: close to the metro (gloria), close to lapa so you can walk back at night, close to santa theresa. The house has a fantastic patio at the top where bbq are organized on saturdays. Drinks are available at the hostel at a good price, which is convenient and helps socialize. English is readily spoken. Breakfast is better than average as well. This hostel is a very solid choice.

The best staying when travelling in Brazil for 3 weeks. Located in Santa Marta where is the most cozy and relaxing area in Rio, though it always takes a little time and muscle to walk 10-15 mins uphill to the hostel. Staff are great, friendly and helpful. Zebra cat is just too lovely!! The rooftop is a great spot to get lazy. Everyone gets a welcome Caipirinha! Clean, well-organized and good value for money. Definitely recommend Santa Mix.

Really enjoyed the stay at Santa Mix! Great staff (especially Thor and Jorge) who were helpful and good to have a beer with! Great rood terrace and overall Vibe! Highly recommend for the Santa Teresa central part of Rio!

A good hostel in santa teresa, breakfast ok, rooms were clean but A/C wasn't working well in the rooms and only one bathroom so can get crowded! But location and staff are nice

Hello, thans for your review. We were doing the annual revision on the A/Cs, and the last to be done was exactly the one in your room. We apologize for that. But abou the bathrooms, Your review is not the first one to "complain" about that. In fact, we have 4 bathrooms in the hostel. 3 with toilet and shower and one with toilet only and another with shower only. I guess it is a staff mistake not to let you know about that, Cheers :)

Best hostel I've stayed in the las months. Very nice atmosphere, amazing staff. Felt like being at home. Also it is closed to the main sightseeing points. I really recommend this hostel. Thanks Guys Miro and Yuki

Great little hostel in Santa Teresa, Clean and beautiful ! Can highly recommend it to everyone:-) You really feel welcome of the staff at Santa mix hostel, I only had two night there I wish I had more! Muito Obrigada Santa Mix hostel:-)

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Norway

The hostel has a good vibe with some drinking etc, but quiet after 10pm so we could sleep fine. The staff are friendly, although it wasnt exactly clear who was on duty out of the 4 staff who seemed to come and go. I'd suggest some identification like a hostel shirt or something. The bathrooms are cleaned only once a day, and there are only 2 bathrooms for the hostel. Our dorm light broke twice. The breakfast is mediocre- bread, jam, juice and coffee. I would try somewhere else next time.

Thank you for your rating. If possible, please email us at info@santamixhostel.com.br , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix even better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels