Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice Hostel to relax in the evening is somethink going on ther like Barbecues or going out to Santa Teresa or Lapa the people how work there are really helpfull and cool. As well is the Hostel clean and the bed i sleeped was the best bed in a Hostel i ever sleped. New Beds really comfortably. Thanks for this nice Days. I d really liked it

• 29th Jan 2014

Loved Santa Mix hostel. Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff, clean rooms, big lockers and just a generally fun and easy atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it as the perfect place to stay in Rio.

I recently spent 3 nights at the Santa Mix hostel and was absolutely satisfied. The house, the location, the guests, and especially the staff was great! Exactly what you look for when spending a weekend in a nice, little hostel in a city like Rio! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere, communicative fellow travellers and staff who are always willing to help. Have stayed in many hostels worldwide and this one was one of the best!

• 24th Jan 2014

This hostel has it all! Great location, walking distance to the party area, metro station and the supermarket. Only a 10 min subway ride to the Ipanema beach. The staff is incredibly helpful, funny and interested in creating a great atmosphere and the breakfast is great vIt's so easy to meet your cotravellers and go out with them, as the staff organizes events. Loved it and really glad that I stayed there. Perfect location if you're travelling alone.

This is the best hostel Ive ever stayed at!! :) Its small and therefor its really easy to get to know other people! The staff are great, especially George who is a crazy Brazilian who is super friendly and very including guy! great place to stay if your going to Rio!!!

Extremely helpful and dedicated staff. One of the best places to stay in Rio with a great flair and good location halfway between beach, party, city centre and the hills of Sta Teresa. Keep it up!

Santa mix is the place to stay in Rio, an amazing city btw!

to noise , parties every night , i coudn,t sleep in four nights the problem wan,t the gest, there were the staff at the hostel, who made noise every night don,t like at all

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Spain

We stayed for four nights and had fun every evening. The staff was very helpful and had new ideas to complement ours. The hostel is rather small (15 beds) and you get to know each other easily. Except for the steep road up to the place it's just perfect and we would recommend it to everyone.

Excellent hostel with great staff. I felt like part of the clan within 5 minutes of entering! Just the right size for getting to know the other lodgers there... perfect for lone travellers (and small groups alike). Great facilities, especially the spacious roof terrace. Very attentive and fun staff, did their utmost to facilitate everyone's needs. The constant supply of beer didn't hurt either!

There's only two things i regret about santa mix: why didn't i come earlier and why didn't i stay longer?! Thx for everything!

Very nice hostel with a homy feeling. I loved Santa Mix, the staff is great, very helpful and i had a wonderful time. I would definitely stay again if i go back to Rio.

Really great, small hostel. It's an intimate environment, which makes you get to know everyone easily. I spent 5 nights in Rio and I spent most of it with the great people here. Some of them even followed me to Sao Paulo. My only complaint would be the location, which isn't the most convenient to walk to and get around.

Excelente lugar para relajarse y hacer amigos.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

staff were great here. welcoming and helpful. stayed over new years here. was a touch pricey for the dorm, but that is the only gripe i have. breakfast here was enjoyable, terrace was good with a small pool of sorts, which was great for keeping cool in the heat. beds were very comfortable aswell

Excellent hostel! So good I returned for my last night in Rio! For me, people make hostels. Therefore when you have staff members who create a lively, friendly atmosphere and take you out to the best things going on in RIO, you cannot go wrong. Very happy. Spent half a day sitting on their terrace, drinking beer & soaking in the Sun while Nick cooked us a BBQ. :)

The Santa Mix Hostel experience was one of the best hostel experiences ever! This is a staff that really creates a community atmosphere. They seek out and find a really cool event each night for us, show us around, introduce us to the locals, jam in the basement, and treat you like family. I stayed 3 extra nights! Even after I left, I'm hearing from them to come for another visit to the Santa Mix family. Thanks to Nick, Carolina, Jorge, Thor, Diego, Lucia, gato macaco, everyone at SMH!

It was really good hostel! The owner is really nice guy, everything is so clean, the kitchen has almost everything you need for cooking - also clean, the bed is so comfy and very clean as well, and it was good to meet people as well. The atmosphere of the hostel is really nice. I really enjoyed to stay there and would stay there again if I back to Rio. Thanks!

Loved this place! I would definitely stay here again!!!

Was a great stay, so I decided to come back second time. Very friendly staff, they recommand a lot of things to do. Also organize trips to Lapa, Samba-Events in the streets. Finally great atmosphere!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels