Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Santa Mix is a great hostel with a warm & welcoming atmosphere. We stayed here twice with a few days at Ilha Grande in between, and would return anytime. It felt like home! The hike up the hill is a bit of a hassle, but then again: hike a bit futher and you're in the middle of lively Santa Teresa.

• 20th Mar 2015

This is an excelent place to stay if you go to Rio. The staff are all nice and helpful people. There was always someone to talk to in the common room. They didn't always speak in English, though. However, I can understand this; if I had met people from my country I would probably also speak in my own language. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk for a while, about ten minutes, to get to the nearest metro station (downhill to the metro station and uphill back to the hostel).

Very good hostel- good breakfast- nice staff- very relaxed atmosphere. So close to the Gloria Subwaystation- like 5-10 minutes. Thats so close for Rio. Very secure neighbourhood- also at night- especially when you see the rest of Rio...

I had a great stay at the hostel, I wish I would have stayed more days. They all make you feel at home. I am very thankful with their hospitality and kindness.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Gente hermosa, las instalaciones espectaculares, el precio perfecto, todo increible. Quede demasiado feliz, si vuelvo a rio claramente vuelvo al santa mix. Y si alguien va a rio le quemare la cabeza hasta que vaya al santa mix jajaja.

• 2nd Mar 2015