Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Can not fault this hostel it is the best we have stayed at by far. New comfortable beds and pillows, clean bathrooms, rooftop terrace along with a blow up pool (thought this was a nice extra touch) great common area especially for socialising made many friends here. The atmosphere that this hostel created was the best we have also had, Jorge is the hostess with the mostest (altho I would never tell him) along with Tor and Sunny they made us feel at home. Everyone should be staying here now!!!

Excellent week end at Santa Mix, staff is great and make you feeling home! Santa Teresa is a really nice neighborhood and even if you'll have to climb a little to get to the hostel, it is really well located and close to the metro.

Some poeple from the staff not very professional, you have to wake them up by yourself in order to get a taxi and even if you ask for it the day before they order it late, shouldn't let your personal problems influence your work

Thank you for your rating. We are satisfied for that. If possible, please email us at info@santamixhostel.com.br , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It can accommodate to a limited amount of people only (so, if you are looking for a party hostel w/ lots and lots of people in their early twenties you may be disappointed) and adding a little coop flair you have a phantastic homey place where you can make friends, get all sorts of infos, hang out, do your little adventures and come back home. I loved the place and would always go back. Thanks to you guys (staff). You made my stay!

Really enjoyed my stay at Santa mix. The staff were great. I felt part of the family from the start. Good community spirit, and heading out together. Would def stay again.

Nice Hostel to relax in the evening is somethink going on ther like Barbecues or going out to Santa Teresa or Lapa the people how work there are really helpfull and cool. As well is the Hostel clean and the bed i sleeped was the best bed in a Hostel i ever sleped. New Beds really comfortably. Thanks for this nice Days. I d really liked it

• 29th Jan 2014

Loved Santa Mix hostel. Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff, clean rooms, big lockers and just a generally fun and easy atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it as the perfect place to stay in Rio.

I recently spent 3 nights at the Santa Mix hostel and was absolutely satisfied. The house, the location, the guests, and especially the staff was great! Exactly what you look for when spending a weekend in a nice, little hostel in a city like Rio! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere, communicative fellow travellers and staff who are always willing to help. Have stayed in many hostels worldwide and this one was one of the best!

• 24th Jan 2014

This hostel has it all! Great location, walking distance to the party area, metro station and the supermarket. Only a 10 min subway ride to the Ipanema beach. The staff is incredibly helpful, funny and interested in creating a great atmosphere and the breakfast is great vIt's so easy to meet your cotravellers and go out with them, as the staff organizes events. Loved it and really glad that I stayed there. Perfect location if you're travelling alone.

Thank you so much for your rating. We are very happy for that. If possible, please email us at info@santamixhostel.com.br , letting us know what we can improve to make Santa Mix even better. Sincerely, Santa Mix Hostel.

This is the best hostel Ive ever stayed at!! :) Its small and therefor its really easy to get to know other people! The staff are great, especially George who is a crazy Brazilian who is super friendly and very including guy! great place to stay if your going to Rio!!!

Extremely helpful and dedicated staff. One of the best places to stay in Rio with a great flair and good location halfway between beach, party, city centre and the hills of Sta Teresa. Keep it up!

Santa mix is the place to stay in Rio, an amazing city btw!

to noise , parties every night , i coudn,t sleep in four nights the problem wan,t the gest, there were the staff at the hostel, who made noise every night don,t like at all

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Spain

We stayed for four nights and had fun every evening. The staff was very helpful and had new ideas to complement ours. The hostel is rather small (15 beds) and you get to know each other easily. Except for the steep road up to the place it's just perfect and we would recommend it to everyone.

Excellent hostel with great staff. I felt like part of the clan within 5 minutes of entering! Just the right size for getting to know the other lodgers there... perfect for lone travellers (and small groups alike). Great facilities, especially the spacious roof terrace. Very attentive and fun staff, did their utmost to facilitate everyone's needs. The constant supply of beer didn't hurt either!

There's only two things i regret about santa mix: why didn't i come earlier and why didn't i stay longer?! Thx for everything!

Very nice hostel with a homy feeling. I loved Santa Mix, the staff is great, very helpful and i had a wonderful time. I would definitely stay again if i go back to Rio.

Really great, small hostel. It's an intimate environment, which makes you get to know everyone easily. I spent 5 nights in Rio and I spent most of it with the great people here. Some of them even followed me to Sao Paulo. My only complaint would be the location, which isn't the most convenient to walk to and get around.

staff were great here. welcoming and helpful. stayed over new years here. was a touch pricey for the dorm, but that is the only gripe i have. breakfast here was enjoyable, terrace was good with a small pool of sorts, which was great for keeping cool in the heat. beds were very comfortable aswell

Excellent hostel! So good I returned for my last night in Rio! For me, people make hostels. Therefore when you have staff members who create a lively, friendly atmosphere and take you out to the best things going on in RIO, you cannot go wrong. Very happy. Spent half a day sitting on their terrace, drinking beer & soaking in the Sun while Nick cooked us a BBQ. :)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels