Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

to noise , parties every night , i coudn,t sleep in four nights the problem wan,t the gest, there were the staff at the hostel, who made noise every night don,t like at all

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Spain

We stayed for four nights and had fun every evening. The staff was very helpful and had new ideas to complement ours. The hostel is rather small (15 beds) and you get to know each other easily. Except for the steep road up to the place it's just perfect and we would recommend it to everyone.

Excellent hostel with great staff. I felt like part of the clan within 5 minutes of entering! Just the right size for getting to know the other lodgers there... perfect for lone travellers (and small groups alike). Great facilities, especially the spacious roof terrace. Very attentive and fun staff, did their utmost to facilitate everyone's needs. The constant supply of beer didn't hurt either!

There's only two things i regret about santa mix: why didn't i come earlier and why didn't i stay longer?! Thx for everything!

Very nice hostel with a homy feeling. I loved Santa Mix, the staff is great, very helpful and i had a wonderful time. I would definitely stay again if i go back to Rio.

Really great, small hostel. It's an intimate environment, which makes you get to know everyone easily. I spent 5 nights in Rio and I spent most of it with the great people here. Some of them even followed me to Sao Paulo. My only complaint would be the location, which isn't the most convenient to walk to and get around.

staff were great here. welcoming and helpful. stayed over new years here. was a touch pricey for the dorm, but that is the only gripe i have. breakfast here was enjoyable, terrace was good with a small pool of sorts, which was great for keeping cool in the heat. beds were very comfortable aswell

Excellent hostel! So good I returned for my last night in Rio! For me, people make hostels. Therefore when you have staff members who create a lively, friendly atmosphere and take you out to the best things going on in RIO, you cannot go wrong. Very happy. Spent half a day sitting on their terrace, drinking beer & soaking in the Sun while Nick cooked us a BBQ. :)

The Santa Mix Hostel experience was one of the best hostel experiences ever! This is a staff that really creates a community atmosphere. They seek out and find a really cool event each night for us, show us around, introduce us to the locals, jam in the basement, and treat you like family. I stayed 3 extra nights! Even after I left, I'm hearing from them to come for another visit to the Santa Mix family. Thanks to Nick, Carolina, Jorge, Thor, Diego, Lucia, gato macaco, everyone at SMH!

It was really good hostel! The owner is really nice guy, everything is so clean, the kitchen has almost everything you need for cooking - also clean, the bed is so comfy and very clean as well, and it was good to meet people as well. The atmosphere of the hostel is really nice. I really enjoyed to stay there and would stay there again if I back to Rio. Thanks!

Loved this place! I would definitely stay here again!!!

Was a great stay, so I decided to come back second time. Very friendly staff, they recommand a lot of things to do. Also organize trips to Lapa, Samba-Events in the streets. Finally great atmosphere!

I wasn't sure how to feel about this place. On one hand it was so welcoming, at times we felt like part of the family, got dragged along to random parties in the square nearby. It's a small place, if you didn't get along as well as the owners it could be pretty lonely. Other parts of our trip we hung out with acquaintances in Rio and the location was pretty good, it's about 10 minutes walk from the metro and 5 minutes from the best pizza place in the world.

Recommended through a friend of a friend - really glad we came. Welcoming and accommodating staff - nothing was too much hassle, one lady even hung out my friend's washing so that we could enjoy more of the day in the city. Thank you very much!

• 3rd Dec 2013

A great hostel run by a very kind couple. The rooftop is undoubtedly the nicest thing about this place, with a wonderful view of the city. The rooms aren't huge, but they have what you need. Location is tops, in a quiet and 'safe' neighbourhood close to Santa Teresa, Santos Dumont Airport and (only a short walk from) the Galeao bus stop.

Great homely hostel. Only minor negative is that there is only one shower for the 15 potential guests so be prepared to wait. Other than that, a fantastic place to stay.

Hello Buddy, Maybe it was misunderstood, but we have 3 bathrooms with shower, plus an extra toilet, for the 15 guests. One of the bathrooms is inside a room, an ensuite. Sorry if it bothers you, but thanks for the review. Cheers.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. On the roof they have a small pool, grill for barbecue, terrace and downstairs a room for breakfast which is decent, TV, PC couches, very nice. Atmosphere is great, or maybe we were lucky:). The only disadvantage is they don't have a POS to pay by card.

Excellent hostel for the general standard of accommodation in Brazil. Very clean and good common areas. Facilities somewhat lacking (in bathrooms, room size, etc), but that is due to the fact that is occupies a beautiful converted house in a traditional neighborhood that is full of charm anyway.

muito bom o hostel, obrigada pela acolhida, estava muito limpo, me senti muito bem e meus amigos tb.

The view from the roof terrace was fabulous, and the staff were very helpful and courteous. I would stay there again.

• 12th Nov 2013