Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had an unreal time in Rio staying at Santa Mix. The hospitality was sensational, the activities, the food, the caipirinhas, the guitar playing, the staff and the location were all awesome. A great place to meet people...I will stay here again!

I enjoyed a lot my stayed in the hostel, it is very close to Lapa and the Cristo and it is easy to find public transportation. Muito bom o hostel. Fica perto da Lapa e do Cristo, facil de sair para pegar metro e onibus, so pra voltar que tem uma subida pesada hehe.

A great hostel, with great staff, facilities, and sense of community. The location is a bit far from the beach, and a refreshing change from most of the party hostels in town. I made excellent friends here and had a great time tagging along on the excursions the hostel organized. Will definitely return to this hostel when in Rio next time.

The staff is really accomodating and will give you tips for things to do.

Staying at Santa Mix made a whole big difference for me. It was easy to go around from there and the staff gave us great tips on what to do. The atmosphere in the house is great, you feel welcome and safe.

• 7th Sep 2013

This hostel and the people that run it are great.

• 31st Aug 2013

Nicky, Estefania, and Jorge, you guys are wonderful! I would love to pay you all a visit next time in Rio. Take care and rock on, Alex.

Awesome hostel, smaller place but great vibe and excellent location for exploring beautiful Santa Teresa and partying in Lapa. Jeorge takes you out to all the good spots nearby (party machine). Great Breakfasts and BBQs on the roof. Faultless. Cheers guys!!

2nd Time staying here! Great hostel, love everything about it, clean, fun, relaxed, enjoyable, homely. Bit sad just thinking about it now, reminiscing again!

Great place, great staff!! Great BBQ!

This was one of my favourites hostels I've stayed at, and I've stayed at a lot. Jorge and the rest of the staff were excellent, and extremely helpful & welcoming! Jorge would take us out different places each night to show us nightlife in different parts of the city. The location is beautiful and very convenient - close to the Metro and a grocery store. Highly recommend this place!

Terrific hostel...these guys care about people and help to make your experience in Rio unforgettable. The place itself was really conducive to meeting people, the bed was comfy and the place is pretty well kept. Small drawbacks to note are: its on a steep hill (but close to bars) and there were two days the bread at breakfast had mold on it. Overall, I love this place and would recommend it to all my friends...I might even come back for Carnival:-)

Really, really great people working there. Perfect location.

best poace in Rio

Good place to stay, nice staff but a bit expensive for the service provided.

Hello, In order to provide an even better service, I would like to ask you what do you think was missing in our hostel, since most of the other guests are liking the way we built our business, and you complained about price (in your case, about 15,50 euros) and lack of service for that. Cheers!

Excellent price and location for Rio, you immediately feel welcomed and 'part of the family', a great way to meet fellow travellers. Facilities are excellent with some of the best beds I've stayed in. Nico and Jorge ensure you have a good time and I'd definitely return. Oh and the copious amounts of 'lethal' welcome Caipirinhas weren't too bad either!!!

Cool place worth walking up the hill for. Would stay again =)

I had a really great stay at Santa Mix Hostel! All the facilities, rooms, bathrooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable and they had fan and AC in the room. Breakfast was simple but very good. The location was good, close to Santos Dumont airport, close to the subway, but the walk was a little tough up the steep street. The staff was very friendly and helpful! Would stay here again!

Had so much fun here, great place!

This is what all hostels should be like. Was made feel completely at home and the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone was enjoying their time in the hostel and in Rio. Hostel was beautiful too but the staff really made the stay enjoyable. Cant wait to return to santa mix someday.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels