Santa Mix Hostel Reviews

Rua Santa Cristina, 89, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

es difícil de llegar, creo que se puede ir hasta lapa caminando aunque no lo intente porque varias veces nos dijeron que era y que no era peligroso en la bajada. la hostal es muy linda, limpia y con una muy buena vista en el balcón de arriba, buena energía. el barrio donde esta ubicado en santa Teresa también, muy bohemio

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Chile

Had a blast. Clean toilets, decent breakfast, Wi-Fi, Netflix, great rooftop and BBQ. Also made some good friends during my stay with whom I went traipsing around Rio. Washing machine wasn't working - get that fixed and this place is perfect! Comfortable beds and spacious rooms...

• 18th Jun 2015

Great design for the beds - not bunks, they're secured to the wall and ceiling, so no rattling around. Beautiful bathroom with lots of room. Rooftop terrace. Location in a fun area of Rio, close to restaurants and bars. But best of all are the staff and Nick the owner. They welcomed me like an old friend and I had such a good time with them and the other guests.

You are lovely :)

Foi uma ótima estadia. O lugar é bem cuidado, os funcionários são muito dedicados e prrestarivos. A esttrutura do hostel é excelente.

• 9th May 2015

Es como estar en casa!!!! Lo mejor de lo mejor, su gente, el lugar TUDO BEM 😉 felicidades santa mix!!!!

• 5th May 2015
  • Mexico

This is a great hostel. It is about a 10 min walk from the Subway. I used public transport from the bus terminal to there, but since I had bags it was not worth walking all the way up the hill (which is not that far) I got a cab and paid about 10 reais. Staff is amazing and very helpful. Location is good. You gotta be up for a short walk up a hill thou, but like I said is not that bad. The room is good and breakfast is delicious. It's quite safe and next to Lapa. Great place to stay at!

This hostel is only 5 minutes up the hill from Gloria station. The staff were kind and friendly and the beds big and comfortable. It has an excellent roof terrace and a friendly cat called zebra!

Buen hostal, nada especial, si quieres un lugar barato esta seria la opcion.

Nice hostel. Location up the Hill is a bit of a pain in the ass but the rooms are big, the people are Nice and the terrace is a very Nice place to hang out. The hostel is quit and a good place to get a good rest and Chill out. We enjoyed!

Santa Mix is a great hostel with a warm & welcoming atmosphere. We stayed here twice with a few days at Ilha Grande in between, and would return anytime. It felt like home! The hike up the hill is a bit of a hassle, but then again: hike a bit futher and you're in the middle of lively Santa Teresa.

• 20th Mar 2015

This is an excelent place to stay if you go to Rio. The staff are all nice and helpful people. There was always someone to talk to in the common room. They didn't always speak in English, though. However, I can understand this; if I had met people from my country I would probably also speak in my own language. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk for a while, about ten minutes, to get to the nearest metro station (downhill to the metro station and uphill back to the hostel).

Very good hostel- good breakfast- nice staff- very relaxed atmosphere. So close to the Gloria Subwaystation- like 5-10 minutes. Thats so close for Rio. Very secure neighbourhood- also at night- especially when you see the rest of Rio...

I had a great stay at the hostel, I wish I would have stayed more days. They all make you feel at home. I am very thankful with their hospitality and kindness.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Gente hermosa, las instalaciones espectaculares, el precio perfecto, todo increible. Quede demasiado feliz, si vuelvo a rio claramente vuelvo al santa mix. Y si alguien va a rio le quemare la cabeza hasta que vaya al santa mix jajaja.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Argentina

One of the best hostels I've gone to in Rio. The staff is more than friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure quests feel like family. The rooftop area is great as well, and zebra cat will protect you from all harm

Santa Mix had a great, friendly vibe within the workers and people staying there. This was my 3rd time to Rio, so I wanted a more relaxed trip, which I got here. It's homey and the people working are more your friends than workers. If you're looking for a party hostel, this is not it. There are two bathrooms for the whole hostel and AC only between 10pm - 10 am, so if you want to sleep in, it may not be possible with the heat. Be prepared to get a good calf/butt work out.. Lots of steep streets

Loved staying at Santa Mix! We felt at home here. The staff are really friendly and actually showed us round parts of Rio. The bedroom was comfortable and bathrooms were fine. They have a kitchen so you can make your own food and a mini bar so you can help yourself to beers and water whenever. We particularly loved hanging out on the roof terrace in the evening! Great people and resident cat, Zebra cat. I would definitely stay at Santa Mix again.

I have stayed in the for a few days. It has a terrific atmosphere and great stuff. But climbing that mountain in +40C is no fun. Additionally one shower only. which is not enough. and terrible uncomfortable beds. More like hammocks than beds. Had back pain because of those

Hi, thanks for the words. About the temperature, we wish we could control it :) We have 4 showers in the house. One direcly beside your room. Maybe it was a staffs fault at the checkin not to show you them all. About the matress. This is our top spot. You can see on many of our reviews. We got the most expensive ones in the market to assure our guests the best night of sleep. It´s even there on the hostel pictures. Are you sure you are not confusing us with another hostel?

the cleanliness of the whole hostel just needs a really good clean and the bathroom cleaned more then once over the three days we were there. The A/C leaked as well all over the floor we had to put a towel down. We knew that the prices go up almost 4 times as much over carnival but for what we paid in cash as the card machine was extra was really expensive and wish we stayed in a hotel. The kitchen was basic with little work space and not many pan and the ones there were old.

Hi, Thanks for your review. I´am sorry that you didn´t like it, but we have daily cleaning 7 days a week. Abot the A/C leakage, it really happened and we got it promptly fixed. You know, there are some things we don´t notice as quick unless someone tells us, and we only got to know that once people from this room left. If we knew it , it would have been fixed much faster. About then pans. They were acquired last year before the WC. I´m gonna check to see if nedds replacement.

Gran hostel, buena onda, cómodo, limpio y seguro. La vista de la terraza es imperdible. Volveremos! Gracias x todo!

Muchas Gracias por sus palabras