Santê Hostel Reviews

Rua Felicio dos Santos, 62, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Poorly located high on Santa Teresa hill with the only transport options being bus or taxi, however after a night out in Lapa buses are very infrequent and taxis refuse to go up the hill. The staff don't engage at all and are not very helpful - 'I think the bus number from town to here is 14'. I was in a packed 12 bed dorm, so packed staff asked me to leave my backpack outside of the room. Cleaning of bathroom consisted of simply emptying the bins. No atmosphere. Avoid if you can.

Santê was amazing, the rooms are really spacious and the guys running it ( David and his sister Isabela) are always willing to go for the extra mile when it comes to make you happy. The place is in the Historic Neighborhood, so there is plenty of stuff to see there and you have bus stations really nearby to get to everywhere.

This hostel is far from the center unless you take transportation. The staff is nice but they only answer questions- they do not really speak to the travelers or take you out or anything. Everyone kind of keeps to themselves. Completely not what I was looking for, but may be good for some.

The place was crowded but still clean all the time. The staff is amazingly nice. And it's in a great spot in Santa Teresa, the best neighborhood in Rio!

Sante Hostel is our favourite place to stay in Rio and will be definitely coming back again. Bells and David's knowledge of the city is invaluable and they were always happy to help. The hostel was really clean and the spacious kitchen is the best we have experienced on our trip. The hostel isn't too big and has a fantastic communal atmosphere. Breakfast is excellent- plenty of fruit and now has us addicted to cheese and ham toasties. Sante Teresa is a great safe neighbourhood to stay in.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed at so far. I felt 100% at home there: everything is clean, the staff is amazing, breakfast was delicious, there was AC in room, etc. There are several areas to socialize with other guests (including a well priced bar), which brought everyone close. Located in the very atmospheric Santa Teresa neighborhood, you have great bars, shops and art nearby, and you can also walk to Lapa in about 20 minutes. Perfect for discovering the non-beach side of Rio.

For me, it was the perfect hostel. It's in this beautiful old house, in Santa Teresa right up the street from Bar Do Mineiro. The staff is mellow, easy to deal with, kind, helpful and sweet. The vibe was super chill. I was not forced to listen to Legend over and over again. Breakfast was good but I usually skipped it, slept in, and walked down the street for a bowl of Acai with granola - 5R. The neighborhood rules - wonderful feijoada, moqueca, pao de quiejo, and great, easygoing bars.

That was a perfect hostel for a perfect trip with perfect staff!!thanks to bé perdent! merci beaucoup! Vanessa et Matthieu

Extremely friendly staff (esp. the brother and sister who run it). Great hostel for hanging in. Only downside is far from touristy things, but the metro is only 10-15 min walk.

Sante hostel is amazing! if there were ratings better than excellent i would have chosen that. amazing people and an amazing hostel. when I visit Rio again (which I will) I will stay at Sante only

• 27th Dec 2014