Santê Hostel Reviews

Rua Felicio dos Santos, 62, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Our experience at this hostel was fantastic! It is wonderfully placed with access to all of Rio's fantastic offerings. The staff was top notch and more than willing to assist with helping us enjoy Rio to the fullest. Great English speaking staff that has a lot of great connections in the city. They set us up with 2 different tours and a hang gliding trip. I highly recommend this hostel to anybody that is visiting Rio.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very well located hostel,safe,staff is friendly and helpful,good facilities,dorm was tight for 12 people...hopefully it will get better,Cheers

I have been traveling through south america for two months now,

The only thing is beds are too high, so it will be hard to climb up. 3 storey of beds are kinda dangerous

I really want to recommend this hostel. The neighborhood (santa teresa) its amazing, with beautiful stone streets and lots of tipical brasilian bars. Besides that santa teresa its really calm and safe at night. The greatest thing about Sante in his staff Bela, David, Zevi, Samuele, Nefer and CaroI. I really want to thank all of them for the special time I spend there.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The location is not The best, but there's so many nice things around, that is worth The ride to The mountain, lots of art and cool - cheap bars

Absolutely lovely hostel. The staff are the best - super friendly and helpful. Great breakfast (included) - lots of fresh fruit, cake, coffee, toast + jam, cheese + goiabada. We stayed there during the world cup, and they showed the matches downstairs with a big projector and it was a great atmosphere. I loved the area too - Santa Teresa is full of beautiful old buildings, cobble stone streets and bustling bars/restaurants. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I will miss you guys!

Obrigado por tudo Marcio e tudo o staff, me senti como em casa e a galera sudamericana curtiu muito o hostel. Em janeiro volto pro Rio e vou passar la pra beber uma caipirinha.

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in! Amazing staff who are nice and incredibly helpful, super clean, great atmosphere, big kitchen and communal spaces, awesome neighborhood. The only downsides, and these were minor compared to overall excellence, are that the sleeping rooms are a bit cramped and you're a bit far from the metro. But there's plenty to do in the neighborhood. Thank you Santê Hostel for everything!

The best hostel in the world! Staff is very nice, rooms and bathrooms are perfect. They always want you to feel like home and try to make your trip unforgettable. The breakfast is very good : bolo (home-made cakes), juice, fruits, coffee, milk, cheese ans ham, toast...... Santa teresa is a very nice place to enjoy your trip in Rio. It looks far from the town but there is a lot of things to do and the way to gloria station takes 10 minutes by foot. I really recommand the area and the hostel!

Very nice place to stay. The staff always had time to chat and had great tips for places to visit, to eat, to party, ... As if they would like to go to, very mainstream I loved it.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels