Fabulous 354 Total Reviews
Fabulous 354 Total Reviews
Santiago Backpackers Located at Mac Iver 661, , Santiago.
Chile
Santiago 8320050 Mac Iver 661
86% 354
-33.4353808 -70.6471860
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Staff were so nice and very helpful !

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

Lovely Hostel in a great location. Easy to get to the subway, good restaurants and great walking around the area. Nice vibe in the hostel with great breakfasts by hostel standards! The staff where the best and helped us sort out the next stage of our chile trip and always helped in any way they could.

7th Jun 2016

Very helpful staff. Eggs are served with breakfast in the morning. Gotta start your day off with some protein. Bathrooms are clean and showers are hot with good water pressure. Good place to stay.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Jun 2016
6.6

I know it was low season, but except for few people, there was no atmosphere. Every room including the kitchen and common was very cold. You needed a jacket to stay warm.

6th May 2016

My favorite hostel so far. Great staff, comfy bed and best showers. Location is perfect. I also stayed in providencia and this was far better. A tad told at times but the rooms were spacious and fellow travelers were great.

• New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
24th Apr 2016
6.9

A bit grim - very cold, basic backpackers. Would be good for the budget conscious traveller, but anyone looking for a bit more comfort should look elsewhere. Breakfast is good however.

Hi, thanks for your review. The room you booked is a basic private room, described as so in the listing. It was created to suit backpackers on a low budget who still want their privacy. For all our other guests, we recommend the standard private rooms, which are usually 10 more dollars per night for 2 people. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of our services

13th Apr 2016

Good place to explore the city from, 3 mins from Plaza des Armes and 5 mins form Tips for Tours starting point. Also close to the markets for good cheap eats. Clean enough, decent breakfast, good TV ROOM with all the European football etc, though sofas need replacing.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Great hosts, fantastic view and great atmosphere! Muy bueno! Muchas gracias amigos!

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

I spent one night at Santiago Backpackers and had a good experience. It is very easy to get to and in the center of all the attractions that one might wish to see. We arrived way earlier than check in and they let us have access to the facilities. Also during our stay they provided free dinner and free lunch for the guests. The only downfall I have, is that I wish that the bed sheets were cleaner. My mother left the hostel with many bites from bed bugs.

27th Mar 2016

The staff were very helpful - there was a problem with the WiFi in my room and they fixed immediately. I had my wallet pick pocketed on a train late in the afternoon in the city and lost all my Pessos and had no cash to get on a train early next morning to go the bus terminal. They gave me enough cash to get the train ticket I needed. I will recommend this place