Santiago Backpackers Reviews

Mac Iver 661, Santiago, Chile

As a place to sleep, this is by far my favorite hostel. The rooms are huge (I lucked out and had the room to myself) with large lockers. There are nice showers/bathrooms. There is a good breakfast and lots of common areas for people to meet. The Tuesday dinner was nice. The staff is underwhelming. When I asked for recommendations for places to visit in Santiago, I was given a blank stare. The staff are there to check you in and nothing more. I would come back, but only for the facilities.

Didn't make it to this hostel due to a late bus called hostel still charged us a booking fee which is fine but pretty sure I have been charged a night stay as well which is not in there policy 👎. Oo well due to this I can't really rate it so don't look at my rating.

Excellent place to stay in Santiago! Good central location near the Belles Artes metro station. All rooms have lockers big enough for keeping your backpack in. Wifi is a little weak at times but its not a deal breaker. Fresh fruit for breakfast is a nice plus!

clean rooms and bathrooms. good place in general. I've just found it bit boring. maybe got there at the wrong time but people were avoiding people. I wasn't looking for a party hostel but nice chat would be appreciated. staff kind but not very welcoming. overall I would go back there if I'll be looking for a quiet place to rest.

Staff were brilliant, customer service was excellent. Few problems with hot water so they gave us 40% refund no problem and had genuine concern about our stay! Manager really lovely and engaged with guests - massively helpful with advise of where else to visit in Chile and how to get there etc. Lovely outside area, good clean kitchen and nice spacious rooms! One bad point, the breakfast...one of the worst I've had in 3 months travelling I'm sorry to say!

Beautiful old building right in the centre of town. All staff very friendly, approachable and helpful. Bathroom facilities pretty good except for rampant mould in one of the showers. large generous dorms with decent lockers. Kitchen with basic facilities, breakfast more than expected. 2 courtyards and a TV room-plenty of space for guests. Close to markets, restuarants and Plaza de Armas at a decent price make this hostel ideal, just be prepared for noise if staying in dorms facing street

Staff were lovely

• 30th Mar 2015

Great hostel less than 10 minutes from Plaza de Armas. Good and spacious facilities, large kitchen (though that could have been a little cleaner), several common areas, spacious patio with barbecue, nice bathrooms with separated toilets/baths to increase efficiency. Cleanliness of bathrooms was good. I'd definitely stay here again.

Nice hostel with a nice lounge area. Beds were comfy and breakfast was good. Close walk to the tours for tips, which is definitely worth doing!

very nice hostel with big kitchen, patio and relaxing room. Breakfast was really basic. bathroom is clean, good showers, hot water. taxi service could be better. it was very strange and in the end we had te pay more than was said to us before.

This was my buddy and I's "home" away from home during our stay in chile. We came back to this hostel 3 different times when we would come back to Santiago. The staff was always friendly and even inviting to hangout! They always have something going on every night whether it's learning how to make empanadas, free pasta dinner on Tuesdays or pub crawls on the weekends. Very spacious hostel with 2 different outside patios, great wifi. Has a guitar too! My favorite! Highly recommended, good vibes!

Awesome funky hostel! Clean and homey. Great location and amazing staff! Highly recommended. Enjoy your stay!