8.7
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
Santiago Backpackers Located at Mac Iver 661, , Santiago.
Chile
Santiago 8320050 Mac Iver 661
87% 345
-33.4353808 -70.6471860
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th May 2016

My favorite hostel so far. Great staff, comfy bed and best showers. Location is perfect. I also stayed in providencia and this was far better. A tad told at times but the rooms were spacious and fellow travelers were great.

• New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
24th Apr 2016
6.9

A bit grim - very cold, basic backpackers. Would be good for the budget conscious traveller, but anyone looking for a bit more comfort should look elsewhere. Breakfast is good however.

13th Apr 2016

Good place to explore the city from, 3 mins from Plaza des Armes and 5 mins form Tips for Tours starting point. Also close to the markets for good cheap eats. Clean enough, decent breakfast, good TV ROOM with all the European football etc, though sofas need replacing.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Great hosts, fantastic view and great atmosphere! Muy bueno! Muchas gracias amigos!

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

I spent one night at Santiago Backpackers and had a good experience. It is very easy to get to and in the center of all the attractions that one might wish to see. We arrived way earlier than check in and they let us have access to the facilities. Also during our stay they provided free dinner and free lunch for the guests. The only downfall I have, is that I wish that the bed sheets were cleaner. My mother left the hostel with many bites from bed bugs.

27th Mar 2016

The staff were very helpful - there was a problem with the WiFi in my room and they fixed immediately. I had my wallet pick pocketed on a train late in the afternoon in the city and lost all my Pessos and had no cash to get on a train early next morning to go the bus terminal. They gave me enough cash to get the train ticket I needed. I will recommend this place

14th Mar 2016

Santiago Backpackers was perfect! They are a short walk from the downtown highlights and from the hip Bellas Artes district. Close also to multiple metro stops. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. People hang out in the common spaces and backyard patio. The wifi works great. And free breakfast! Will definitely be staying there again when I go back through Santiago!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
4th Mar 2016

I loved staying at Santiago Backpackers! Highly recommend this place. Staff are amazing and they set a friendly atmosphere for the whole place. It was my first time backpacking and what a great first impression they made. Showers weren't the best, but that's small stuff in comparison. Very happy. :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Feb 2016

As Two female travellers we felt very safe in this hostel. Rooms were clean. Ensuite was a nice addition. Breakfast was great with a good selection of choices. The hostel organised some tours for us, which was awesome because we were tired and the staff were very pleasant. I usually travel alone and would happily return.

• France, Male, 25-30
22nd Feb 2016

Santiago Backbackpackers is a really good well managed Hostel. It's actually pretty calm and chill, but livens up sometimes as guests and staff hang out in the patio before going out. All the lively neighborhoods are close by as the hostel is well located right in the center of santiago.