Santiago Backpackers Reviews

Mac Iver 661, Santiago, Chile

Great location and friendly atmosphere. Helpful staff and good breakfast! Spacious dorms with good big lockers.

PROS. Very good locations, near metros, Plaza de Armas, Lastarria, Bellas Artes. The staff was super cool. Lockers are huge. Nice kitchen. Breakfast awesome (cereals, fruits, yogurt, sandwiches). It's not a party hostel, but there was a good atmosphere among the guests. Clean. Nice living room. CONS. One of the bathrooms (6 dorm. ensuite) was smelly all the time. They overcharged us when we were living, what was embarrassing (even if we payed the difference after changing of room).

amazing staff!! :) the bar staff was awesome!

• 21st Aug 2015

Was a nice hostal, and very welcoming for our first hostel to Chile. The cleanliness of the building was good, although the showers let it down, and would never quite reach a satisfactory 'hot' temperature. It was also a tad chilly as we were visiting in July, and there was no heating. But that said, the atmosphere was very pleasent and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 7th Jul 2015

The hostel is dirty and needs maintenance. The staff is no very helpful. I will not recommend this place.

As a place to sleep, this is by far my favorite hostel. The rooms are huge (I lucked out and had the room to myself) with large lockers. There are nice showers/bathrooms. There is a good breakfast and lots of common areas for people to meet. The Tuesday dinner was nice. The staff is underwhelming. When I asked for recommendations for places to visit in Santiago, I was given a blank stare. The staff are there to check you in and nothing more. I would come back, but only for the facilities.

Excellent place to stay in Santiago! Good central location near the Belles Artes metro station. All rooms have lockers big enough for keeping your backpack in. Wifi is a little weak at times but its not a deal breaker. Fresh fruit for breakfast is a nice plus!