Santiago Backpackers

Fabulous 456 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2017
7.1

Nothing particularly bad about this place, but I found it to have very little atmosphere, staff didn't really speak to you and it just seemed very dark all the time... Toilets and showers a bit meh (light didn't work in one) but a decent breakfast, comfy beds and good location, so it did the job but I won't be rushing back here

• Australia, Male, 18-24
24th Jun 2017
7.4

Locations a bit out of the way 15 minute walk-ish from central and the place is dead in terms of atmosphere even for someone super outgoing like myself. However, the local events are good and the staff were great!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jun 2017

Staff were so helpful and showers were great

• Germany, Male, 25-30
15th May 2017
8.0

Good place to explore the city! Chill atmosphere, good breakfast

• Israel, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2017
5.7

The room smelled like anti-fests spray, when I told the employee she said it's just the floor's cleaning smell. Was almost impossible to sleep and when I woke up I had tons of bites, itching for days :(

20th Apr 2017

I was only here for one night before a flight but could tell the place had a really good atmosphere. Lots of outings planned making it easy to meet people if you're travelling solo. 8 person dorm was huge and beds very comfy!

10th Apr 2017

Super nice hostel!! Loved staying here. The beds were the most comfortable I have found in South America. There is tons of cool rooms and spaces to hang out in, and the staff are super nice and helpful. Super close to plaza de armas and just a metro ride away from the bus station. The breakfast was super good and they even had peanut butter which made me so happy cause I hadn't had it in the 4 months I've been traveling!!!!

• alejandrinca8179
  • Poland, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017

I really enjoyed staying at Santiago Backpackers, mostly due to location and helpful staff. The breakfasts were OK+ (pancakes!) and whatever would be there missing/being fixed, helpful staff was always there to explain and help. The only thing I could complain about was the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I understand that they want travelers staying to be more involved in the live of hostel, but 'tell us when it is not clean enough' policy cannot be enough to keep the bathroom clean ;)

5th Mar 2017

Great hostel, good people and all around nice to stay at.

2nd Mar 2017
6.9

I had a relatively nice stay at Santiago Backpackers. I met great people. The Hostel isn't in the safest area at night, but is very centrally and conveniently located in relation to the city. My main concern was the cleanliness of the bathrooms. A few were missing hand soap and toilet paper.