7.8
Very Good 189 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 189 Total Reviews
Santos Express Train B&B Located at Private Bax X5, # 254, Mossel Bay.
South Africa
Mossel Bay 6500 Private Bax X5, # 254
78% 189
-34.1784354 22.1380734
    Rooms available

4th Apr 2016
7.7

The staff at this place are really nice and helpful. I wasn't feeling well when I arrive and ended up getting worse and they helped me find a doctor and a taxi. The view from the rooms is beautiful. Found it odd that there's no hand soap provided in any toilets in lodging. Tbh I wouldn't recommend the restaurant. Service was great but all the food I tried was fairly terrible. Overall a fine place to stay for just a night or two.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016
5.7

Some friends and I slept in the dorm for 16 people. There was only one bathroom and toilet and only two plug sockets!!Very stressful if you want to charge your phone.After a horrible night we went to the reception and booked a double room. No one told us that breakfast is included while staying in a double room. So we paid for it the next morning and found out a few days later that it was included. No response from the hostel to my email till now. Only the location next to the beach was great.

• Denmark, Couple, 25-30
7th Mar 2016

Precessional and on point with everything. Responds to emails and inquiries if there are any issues.

• South Africa, Mixed Group, 41+
24th Feb 2016

We really enjoyed our stay in the Royal Suites, the restaurant food was great, we've already booked two rooms over Christmas due to our great stay!!

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2016
4.9

I didn't get a very nice welcome from this hostel. The dorm was nice but there isn't a social area where you can meet new people apart from at the restaurant. No kitchen facilities to cook your own food didn't enjoy my stay here thankfully I was here

• South Africa, Female, 41+
12th Feb 2016

Perfect! Loved the way that they tried to keep the original coaches as far as possible. Brought back fond memories of my childhood. Will definitely be back.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2016
7.7

I loved the train rooms and the location.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2016
8.0

The cabins are cute but compact so be warned, try not to take too much luggage! The whole Place is kept very clean, the breakfast is good and the restaurant serves meals throughout the day and night which are reasonably priced. Location is excellent! Right on the beach and close enough to walk into town.

• melrose_83
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
11th Jan 2016
6.9

Had a nice stay. The dorm room is quite squishy, not much room for your bags, there was only 4 of us when I stayed so wasn't a major problem but if it was full it could be a problem . The carriage was very hot during the day, it did cool down for the night but couldn't image on really hot days in the busy time. 1min to the beach which is a bonus. Easy walk to town. No secure luggage storage if u leave later in the day (it stays in front of the reception desk)

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Jan 2016
5.7

OK, booked into the 'express train' because the main place was full. The novelty of the sleeping on a train is pretty much what gets you through this - I had a bed in a no fewer than 16 bed dorm with one toilet and shower to go around. Yeah - that sucked, I didn't even try the shower I'm the morning, just a quick swim (Santos beach is lovely) Mossel Bay town itself is dull as nuts too, everything was shut pretty much all the time... and I was there in supposedly peak season?