Santos Express Train B&B Reviews

Private Bax X5, # 254, Mossel Bay, South Africa

Very cool concept! Waking up to the sound of the waves - cant beat that! Staff is very friendly

I loved this accomodation. Probably one of the best I've stayed at. Lockers in the room, staff are amazing. Beach front. Hot water not warm hot! I met people who didn't stay here because they thought the train would be too cold. It's not! Well no colder then any other non heated accomodation. You can't get wifi in your room but the wifi does work good in the lobby and resturant!

Cute concept and right on the beach so quite nice during summer. Nice spacious and hot shower despite being on a train...the taps are a bit difficult to use though. It's definitely a novelty accommodation. Don't expect to sleep past 7am though as there are no sound barriers, especially when you have inconsiderate neighbours and cleaning ladies. Also, no heating during winter and I'm guessing no AC during summer. Nice personnel. Would be nice if there was a common room with sofas and a TV.

Hostel was lovely. Definitely what I expected and enjoyed the setting in a train. The only thing they could improve would be the sinks in the bathrooms. The taps make it absolutely impossible to wash your face without spraying water all over the place.

Great idea, lots of potential, needs some renovation work in places. Worth the money we paid.

We stayed here for one night and was clean and cosy, though cramped as expected. Nice position by the beach and good restaurant attached to train. Wifi available in restaurant and town within walking distance.

Great location and enjoyed the sunrise in bed

• 4th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here as it was during the quite season but I don't think the dorms would be comfortable if it were busy as the walking space in the train is very narrow. The staff were very helpful and reasonably friendly . Wifi is available in the reception and dinning area for free. For people staying in the dorms there is nowhere to dry clothes which I find very annoying as a long term backpacker. Free breakfest is advertised for everyone but this is not for people in dorms, beware

• 22nd May 2014

Food at restaurant was delicious.

I had booked Santos Express because of the good location Our holiday in SA was for 2 weeks and we stayed at various hostels. This was the worst one we stayed in It was so bad that instead of staying 2 nights that we had booked we stayed for 1. The staff were rude and unhelpful. When I mentioned at reception that I thought the shower and toilet facilities were dirty (there was mould everywhere) the receptionist seemed very stroppy about my observation.

View all Mossel Bay Bed and Breakfasts