Sanus House Reviews

Gwarko, Patan, Kathmandu, Nepal

We were at Sanu's for one night before the earthquake hit. It was clean, basic but great value, dinner was great with Sarita's homemade veggie meal. When the earthquake hit, I cannot emphasise how amazing our hosts were. We slept outside but they kept feeding us, making sure we had rugs and above all else, made us feel safe in a crazy situation. If you go to Nepal please stay with these guys as the tourism will take a hit and they are most kind & selfless people we've met on the road!

• 24th Apr 2015

I was very pleased with Sanu's House. The beds are good, the rooms clean, the food delicious. I would have been happy to eat here and there something else than "just" cauliflower, potatoes and rice but this is in the end not a real reason to be disappointed. Otherwise I was more than happy with the entire service, facilities and food. I def. come back again. The WiFi could have been stronger though - maybe a repeater would help! :)

Staff was amazing! Made me feel so welcome even though I arrived late at night. They arranged airport pickup for me. The free breakfast was great! Would definitely stay there again. Was about a 10-15 min walk to the patan darbar square which was the best one foresure.

The host, Sarita and her nieces give you the welcome feeling of a home. The chat after dinner with the other guests and the host with hot water bottle in your hands give you comfort and coziness of a home. The vegetarian food that is prepared by the host herself is tasty and soothes your starving stomach after a day out. In short you are well taken care from the time you check-in until you check-out. In my case even after check-out, as Sarita put me in a correct bus to my next destination.

Near the airport which was great for staying one night in Kathmandu before leaving. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Absolutely great layout for the breakfast which was free with the room. Great value for money