Sanus House Reviews

Gwarko, Patan, Kathmandu, Nepal

I was very pleased with Sanu's House. The beds are good, the rooms clean, the food delicious. I would have been happy to eat here and there something else than "just" cauliflower, potatoes and rice but this is in the end not a real reason to be disappointed. Otherwise I was more than happy with the entire service, facilities and food. I def. come back again. The WiFi could have been stronger though - maybe a repeater would help! :)

• 14th Mar 2015

Staff was amazing! Made me feel so welcome even though I arrived late at night. They arranged airport pickup for me. The free breakfast was great! Would definitely stay there again. Was about a 10-15 min walk to the patan darbar square which was the best one foresure.

The host, Sarita and her nieces give you the welcome feeling of a home. The chat after dinner with the other guests and the host with hot water bottle in your hands give you comfort and coziness of a home. The vegetarian food that is prepared by the host herself is tasty and soothes your starving stomach after a day out. In short you are well taken care from the time you check-in until you check-out. In my case even after check-out, as Sarita put me in a correct bus to my next destination.

Near the airport which was great for staying one night in Kathmandu before leaving. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Absolutely great layout for the breakfast which was free with the room. Great value for money

Basic accommodation but you stay for the hospitality. A real family run homestay, with a caring atmosphere, super helpful, lovely homecooked meals. Very cheap. Stayed with my 57 y.o. mother and she loved it too. Lukewarm water and bring a sleeping sheet but everything is clean and gorgeous. Wonderful sunset over Everest from the rooftop. 10/10 recommend.

• 8th Nov 2014

It's a place where you can feel the real life in Nepal. Don't miss the dinner - they serve local food with rice and vegetables that they grow themselves. It's also the best time to meet the other guests of the hostel. Owners are very nice and helpful, you can ask them for advice about anything. The street is noisy and not exactly close to the touristic places. On the other hand it's much closer to the airport than the hostels in Thamel.

We spend our first and last days here, in Nepal. Such a wonderful place. Thanks again, Sarita and family, for giving us a home and a warm place to stay. Namaste and hope to see you all again, one day! Take care!